Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PaganFolker616
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:12 pm 

Pagan black/folk metal/ambient band from Mexico.

I supossed that the band was blacklisted because since 2012 to 2017 it was predominantly ambient and pre-Hispanic folk than black metal, but in 2019 the band released a folk/black metal album which is very acceptable in my opinion (ok, still with folk songs, but it has various black metal ones in comparison with past releases). Can the band be whitelisted based on that release? Even there's CD version of it.

Evidence:
https://gucumatzmmxvii.bandcamp.com/album/ollin
https://f4.bcbits.com/img/0017968160_10.jpg

This other album is very metal too (in my opinion):
https://gucumatzmmxvii.bandcamp.com/album/tezcatlipoca

Last edited by PaganFolker616 on Fri May 22, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 2:05 am 

Hell. Fucking. No. That band is blacklisted for all the reasons possible. All the reasons you could ever imagine. Including, but not limited to, not being Metal, changing the band name's spelling to avoid the blacklisting, forging physical proof, constant resubmitting, and several more I don't even care to remember.

That "new" album is a compilation of tracks taken from all the previous releases plus a couple of new tracks. That's not gonna cut it, since it's not even new music.

Let's face it already, that Guckumatz kid is physically impaired to actually play Metal.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

PaganFolker616
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:44 pm 

Woooow!!! I didn't kwow nothing of that. I found the band randomly in Bandcamp using the "folk metal" tag and I thought it was a serious project =/

It's a shame that there are people like him that overshadow the real Mexican metal scene, specially the folk metal one in this case. As a folker metalhead that angers me so much...

Forged physical proofs... Wow... He definitely doesn't deserve to be in the Archives. But seriously are fake the photos of CDs which are posted in his Bandcamp page? The worst of all is that he sells them!!! I already investigated him and I found things like this:
https://burialrites666.bandcamp.com/album/tezcatlipoca

Thanks for the aclarition, dude. Cheers!

P.S. If he wanted to be in the Archives, then I don't understand why he didn't make a digital black metal album in all rules instead of only change the letters of his project name, what an asshole he is. Now I have the suspicion that his music isn't made by him either. In my opinion he actually has black metal songs, low-quality, mediocre and shitty produced black metal, but still black metal, but what he tried to do is really a shame. Que le den por embustero.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:12 pm 

Well, I wouldn't know about the CURRENT images of CDs in his bandcamp pages... But I clearly remember this one time, where he pasted a crooked, badly resized image of his demo "cover" over the picture of an actual cassette tape case, and also pasted the band's logo and demo's title over the cassette itself showing us his unparalleled skills using MS-Paint in the worst way possible. It was such an obvious forgery that it was offensive to the eyes. Sadly, I never saved the image, and the kid eventually took it down. Pity; it was such a masterpiece of forgery incompetence.
PaganFolker616 wrote:
P.S. If he wanted to be in the Archives, then I don't understand why he didn't make a digital black metal album in all rules instead of only change the letters of his project name, what an asshole he is.

Because he can't. Remember I said he's physically impaired to play Metal?
PaganFolker616 wrote:
Now I have the suspicion that his music isn't made by him either. In my opinion he actually has black metal songs, low-quality, mediocre and shitty produced black metal, but still black metal, but what he tried to do is really a shame. Que le den por embustero.

People all the time try to circumvent the blacklist in the most stupid ways imaginable. Him changing the C to a K in order to circumvent the blacklist is actually one of the classic examples of how people do it. Now, I don't doubt that guy makes his own music. That's the only way he'd be able to keep up being so consistently bad and not Metal after all these years. Had the music being plagiarized, don't you think he would have already released something decent and unambiguously Metal?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Reply to topic