Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
murderson
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:24 am 

Hi,

I was trying to add Laudare (Germany) to the archives, but it was rejected for being just a "post rock/hardcore"-Band.
For me personally I can't understand this, because in my opinion their post-black metal and athomspheric stuff is the core of this band, not the hardcorish attitude/part.
In comparison, Bands like Ancst (Germany), Thränenkind/King Apathy (Germany), Agrimonia (Sweden), ██████ (Czech) or even Antimelodix (Russia) are listed in here too and are more Hardcore (than Metal) than Laudare.
They are more likely some older Alcest (France) [the softer postish parts] stuff mixed with the german Post-BM-Bands (Ancst, King Apathy...) and maybe newer Tribulation (Sweden).
Bands like Vel (Germany) are also in here and are a Post Rock combo with slighter BM parts. Definitely more Post and Screamo-Stuff, than Metal. (nonetheless an awesome Band and I'm glad, they are in here for fans of Post-BM and Athmosperice Stuff, because it fits as well)

So, there are tons of Post-BM Bands in here, where Laudare fits in the same register and are even more Metal, than others.
Where do we draw the line then? It's not understandable for me. :)
I think this is a general problem, not only with Laudare. Seems pretty subjective for me.

Thanks alot for explanation!

Links to listen:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMgNzJP3afE
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Q8MoY7U3I
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVjHRaU5pNs

murderson
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:47 pm 

bump from third page.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:15 pm 

All it takes is one metal release to get listed on thise site. Thränenkind for example have exactly one metal album (the latest).
As with all those borderline/genre-hopping bands that are active in the post-whatever scene, some make the cut based on a release or more, others don't.

As for Laudare, they have a few songs that seem to be based in metal, but as a whole none of their releases so far is predominantly metal.

murderson
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:46 am 

Thanks for your answer!
These where my thoughts too. So until they don't drop a "Metal"(ic)-sounded album/release, they aren't part of the game!?
Sounds good to me. :)
But than again, where do we take the cut? Subjective kind of thoughts.

Reply to topic