Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Vadara
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:14 pm
Posts: 225
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:32 pm 
 

Blacklisted for being deathcore, but they just released a 3-song promo with heavy OSDM vibes and a quite different sound than their older stuff. Thoughts?

https://gammasectorofficial.bandcamp.co ... promo-2020

It doesn't seem that their recent LP was reviewed either, but it's probably still too -core, so I posted this instead.

Top
 Profile  
Auselesspileofflesh
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:41 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:22 pm 
 

Damn, that's not bad at all. Wouldn't say OSDM but just some BDM tinges and actually using riffs instead of just chugs, slams & breakdowns.

The only issue I can see here is that a 3 track promo of metal forward deathcore still won't hold up against their previous hour long full length which sounds more core than metal.
I'm interested in seeing what a mod says but

Top
 Profile  
Auselesspileofflesh
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:41 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:30 pm 
 

Oh damn, just realized they dropped an album just recently

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 1481
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:50 pm 
 

Yeah, no.
Wait for another release in that style.
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
Vadara
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:14 pm
Posts: 225
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:28 pm 
 

Are you saying that it would be acceptable if it were a full LP or EP in that style? If they do make one I'll bring it up again.

Top
 Profile  
burcami
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:00 am
Posts: 5
Location: Colombia
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:40 pm 
 

Auselesspileofflesh wrote:
Damn, that's not bad at all. Wouldn't say OSDM but just some BDM tinges and actually using riffs instead of just chugs, slams & breakdowns.

The only issue I can see here is that a 3 track promo of metal forward deathcore still won't hold up against their previous hour long full length which sounds more core than metal.
I'm interested in seeing what a mod says but


Lol but their other discography is not that more Core tahn Metal, if a more Core release just exist is not aproved, what the hell?

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 1481
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:53 am 
 

Vadara wrote:
Are you saying that it would be acceptable if it were a full LP or EP in that style? If they do make one I'll bring it up again.

Yes.

burcami wrote:
Lol but their other discography is not that more Core tahn Metal, if a more Core release just exist is not aproved, what the hell?

Uhm...what?
Also...don't just enter the appeals forum to leave you opinion on things, same for you, Auseless[...], tbh.
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group