Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
burcami
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:40 am 

Good morning to all metallum team i just writed you today because a almost long time ago when i followed all the esential details and information to add a valid band and especific things like have a Full Length album with phisical copies, when beigns submited to moderation the service told me my band is not metal and dot belong to this website, i saw those things happened before for example with metalcore or much core bands or noise bands, but Discharge Of The BloodyEntrails are none of those is just Grindcore with anime themed stuff like i saw a lot of bands, projects here, even i have checked a lot of cyber bands similar to DOTBE has been aproved even without phisical albums and i dont really underestand why my band has not been aproved, ¿the picture that dosen't look like badass guys doing metal?, ¿or what? i dont found the reasons, even i have aded EVERY and with every i mean really EVERY music platform link DOTBE is to also confirm the band has releases in music market like Amazon and Spotify or Google Play beign correct for valid Digital Music band i spend a lot even years preparing the band and metallum disagree, i would like to please underestand, and consider my band get out of the blacklist cause we follow everything or just prove me we not, everything i can fix just tell me too

Last edited by burcami on Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:39 pm 

Here's their actual music on Bandcamp and youtube,complete with more ppictures/videos of the badass guys in the band doing their most evil and badass metal poses. (Sorry mods, but couldn't resist to say that-(
https://dischargeofthebloodyentrails.bandcamp.com/heir
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGIeRM ... EE3WkwP23g

Nightsward
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:37 am 

We accept grindcore bands only if their music predominantly contains metal riffs. I'm not hearing many riffs at all in here, to be honest. Blacklist stays.

burcami
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:32 pm 

Witcher wrote:
Here's their actual music on Bandcamp and youtube,complete with more ppictures/videos of the badass guys in the band doing their most evil and badass metal poses. (Sorry mods, but couldn't resist to say that-(

Lol theres no one really serious there i guess

burcami
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:38 pm 

Nightsward wrote:
We accept grindcore bands only if their music predominantly contains metal riffs. I'm not hearing many riffs at all in here, to be honest. Blacklist stays.

Well okay i see what you are talking about for the Industrial thing, but did you evn knew Cybergrind exist?, Cheerleader Concubine for example is another band with Anime topics and you can't even diferenciate if there is Grndcore riffs or no because of the production is intentionally fucked up, just inaudible gutturals with fast drums anytime and is currently accepted in Metallum, so if my band have the caraterisrtics but in your opinion riffs are not that grindcore when drums and vocals follow that, why does bands that have not too legible guitars or riffs are more acceptable here? are you just beign racional with blacklisting bands or just blacklisting what you dont like in a fisrt impression?

burcami
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:56 pm 

Okay i have to add that if i told about social media or music platforms, i never said things like there is a lot of pictures or videos even looking badaas or acting evil doing bad things with metal poses, don't know what you Metallum team are actully waiting for when looking at each band but DOTBE is not that kind of band focused in exagerate the looking or try to be badass when we are just creative people with comedy and funny concepts, i felt i have to use mods and words the way i did to show how really i feel the things and be more clear for the respective things with not the serious boring way to explain an idea, is all about looking badass for you to accept a single band? apparence has nothig to fight against the actuall music or i look the things like that

Witcher wrote:

Nightsward
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:54 am 

Well, I listened to a couple Cheerleader Concubine tracks and there are clearly death metal riffs in there, the guitars are hardly inaudible. It's clearly reflected in their genre tag too: "Slam/Brutal Death Metal/Grindcore".

And no, we don't just blacklist bands we don't like; if we judged bands solely by that sort of criterion I doubt you'd even see Cheerleader Concubine on here. The only thing we care about is whether the band's music is metal enough or not. Yours simply doesn't make the cut, sorry.

Also, disregard Witcher's comment, I doubt it was intended to be taken seriously and he's also not part of the MA staff.

Reply to topic