Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
baldadeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:11 pm 

I want to add a band from Florence (Italy) called Red Sky (and later became Disarmonic Orchestra and released another demo), I got the demos from the singer with a biography for my page dedicated to the history of local metal bands

But I see there is a Black Sky from Italy in the blacklist: obviously no mention at all from the town of origin, no mention at all about the music genere and no mention at all why it was blacklisted.

As in the previous days for the same reason (Hybris still from Tuscany) I was BLAMED to avoid and disrespect rules about blacklisted bands (because obviously IT WAS OBVIOUS that I was trying to subit the exactly same blacklisted band, even if I had no idea at all about the style, origin and details of the previously blacklisted one), so let's ask if it is possible to submit this other band before some anonymous administrator will charge me again of purposingly avoid rules and submit blacklisted bands... or, at least, bands who share the same name :D

From the biography sent by founder bassist Marco Gianfriddo (in Red Sky and Disarmonic Orchestra), also shared commented and appeared on my FB page "Provincia Impazzita" (it's not self promotion, but the place where you can find proof and shared discussion if you are not sure of its physical existence): it's not translated but with google translator it takes a second to do that

RED SKY

I Red Sky (nome ispirato alla canzone "Blood Red Sky") è un gruppo nato in quel di Firenze e Sesto Fiorentino al finire degli anni 80.

I fondatori erano Stefano Pollio e Lorenzo Ratisti, compagni di classe al liceo di Sesto Fiorentino, decisamente diversi come personalità ma legatissimi dall'amore per il metal.
Dopo vari cambi di formazione, la stabilità del gruppo arriva nel 90 con:

- Lorenzo Ratisti (voce)
- Stefano Pollio (chitarra)
- Marco Gianfriddo (basso)
- Matteo Bastogi (batteria)

Tutti i componenti erano compagni di liceo e amici nella vita (ma quello lo sono anche ora :) ).

Nel '92 il gruppo sente la voglia di registrare il proprio DEMO, in quegli anni uno fra i più alti obiettivi di una band underground, e nel '93 arriva "Silence" con i brani:

- From Beyond
- Grave after Grave
- Red Sky
- Running through the Fire

Il DEMO fu registrato presso la ALL-MUSIC di Firenze con il fonico "Jeppe"

DISARMONIC ORCHESTRA

Disarmonic Orchestra (sì, Disarmonic senza "h") si formano a fine '93 dalle ceneri dei Red Sky, gruppo thrash nato a anni 80 a Firenze e giunto alla formazione definitiva nel '90.

La formazione dei Disarmonic Orchestra comprendeva 3 dei 4 componenti dei Red Sky più altri 3 elementi fra cui l'introduzione di un secondo chitarrista:

- Marco Gianfriddo (voce e basso)
- Linda Pecchioli (voce)
- Stefano Pollio (chitarra)
- Giaime Niccolai (chitarra)
- Matteo Bastogi (batteria)
- Rachele Manganelli Del Fà (Flauto)

Il gruppo arriva al proprio DEMO "W.A.R.S." nel '95 e comprendeva i brani:

- The Scythe
- The Nightingale
- The Skull of De Sade
- Lambs
- Guardian of Memory
- The Dead's Trip Dream

Il DEMO fu registrato allo studio PARSIFAL di Sesto Fiorentino (FI).

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:27 am 

Whitelisted.

See, it's not that hard to ask :)

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:00 pm 

KingSpooky has added this.

I think if a mod is going to be one that adds lots of bands and deals with the band queue, that they should be responsible for checking in this forum as well.

I've had issues similar to this, too.

It's not even a full day later, mind you.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:08 am 

He randomly found it on Heavy Metal Rarities and went ahead to add them. How likely is it that there's an appeal for a band that has no info on the web aside from a forum post on HMR that popped up shortly before you add the band?

But to show that we actually don't target Baldadeath, we deleted that entry again. Take it as a reward for sticking to our rules even if you think they're stupid.
Feel free to submit the band.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:20 am 

PaganiusI wrote:
He randomly found it on Heavy Metal Rarities and went ahead to add them. How likely is it that there's an appeal for a band that has no info on the web aside from a forum post on HMR that popped up shortly before you add the band?

But to show that we actually don't target Baldadeath, we deleted that entry again. Take it as a reward for sticking to our rules even if you think they're stupid.
Feel free to submit the band.

I'm not accusing him of seeing it here and adding it. I'm saying mods that deal with adding lots of bands as well as the band queue should be expected to check here. I'm saying this as someone who has been watching this forum and band submissions and some of the problems with new mods not checking here, or at least it not being communicated to those mods that do handle the band queue.

I don't think I'm requesting too much, to be honest.

Reply to topic