Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
diahex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:22 am 

Hey! Why was the band Melissa I submitted removed? Was there anything wrong with it?

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:18 am 

If we're talking about this band https://www.reverbnation.com/melissaband I don't think they have a valid release. I could be wrong, but from what I've read and seen I don't think that's the case. All they have is a bunch of songs compiled into a download which is not even a demo, nor an album, nor an EP, not even a compilation. Pretty much nothing that would count as a valid release.

Last edited by Quorthallis on Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:15 pm 

Accepted on accident since they don't have a valid release yet.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:49 am 

diahex wrote:
Hey! Why was the band Melissa I submitted removed? Was there anything wrong with it?

I actually summoned you to the report thread there was about this, so you could bring your input, but you never responded.

baldadeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:34 am 

their "Eyes of the Earth" 1993 album was recorded but nobody knows if it was really released officialy at the time

KingSpooky
The Man, The Machine, The Legend

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 3:36 pm 

I got a response from one of the former band members about their recording, when asking if it was released on tape back in the day:
"Unfortunately, none of the songs was released on cassette as when the master tape was sent in to be copied on cassettes it was lost and that was so devastating. Therefore we made them downloadable on ReverbNation."

He responded back pretty quickly on Facebook, though I didn't want to go through explaining the technicalities of uploading the music in a way that it would be considered a valid release on M.A. If anyone feels like getting in contact to either offer to upload the songs for them in an approved/sanctioned way where the tracks are all part of one digital release rather than several random songs the way they are on ReverbNation at the moment, or explain to them how to do it in a way that would qualify the material as a release here, it would be great to be able to include this interesting band.
https://www.facebook.com/melissashumen/

Reply to topic