Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Eric Duncan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:48 pm 

Hi, I'm trying to submit a progressive metal band named DRIFTIN'LINE but this banner appeared to me (this band has been blacklisted and can no longer be submitted).
I'm really sorry, am I wrong something? Unfortunately I'm not very expert... this is the first band I submit and I'd like to understand what I did wrong.
Thanks for your help! :)

Last edited by Quorthallis on Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please adhere to standard title formatting

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:16 pm 

Well, you just stumbled upon a blacklisted band. The band was blacklisted four days ago for being more rock than metal, so you won't be able to submit it.
But don't worry, I'm sure you'll find some other bands that are more metal than this one. You know what they say, "there's plenty of fish in the sea". :wink:

Eric Duncan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:08 pm 

Thanks for the reply :) I'm sorry but I disagree: in my personal opinion Driftin'Line is more metal than rock (and I listen a lot o prog metal bands) :) Sure, prog metal has a lot of genre elements and in the album you can find other influences but, if you listen carefully to all the songs, you can find less rock and more metal elements. In my opinion only 3-4 songs could be rock, the other 8-9 are metal (sure, not the heavier one!;))

In addition, the singer and the guitarist belong to a power metal group (Crimsonwind). I don't know if it is possible to change your mind, we are talking about opinions, but I have told you my idea and I was pleased to speak with you. If it is not possible to change the decision by consulting other moderators it is still ok and I'll find other new prog metal band to put in the archive.

Have a good night!
Thank you

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:40 pm 

It seems like your definition of metal is different from ours and that's completely fine. You have your definition of metal, we have ours, and that's all good. But for this band to be re-evaluated they will have to release a new album for us to check out. Based on this album, the decision is final.

Eric Duncan wrote:
In addition, the singer and the guitarist belong to a power metal group (Crimsonwind)

Also, we don't really care if some of the members were involved in certain metal bands. We judge each band based on its own musical merits. So you get the picture.

Cheers

Eric Duncan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:33 pm 

Ok man, all clear. Thanks all the same for the explanation, I will try to insert more "traditionally" metal bands, I don't think I'll have much trouble finding them ;) \m/
Greetings!

Reply to topic