Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Steelash
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:53 pm 

I don't know did anyone talked about https://worselder.bandcamp.com/album/paradigms-lost-album-2017?from=discover-new from France, but I saw they are blacklisted. Today I tried to add them but it says that they are on black list. I thought it's because they are too hardcore to someone, but to me they have more heavy/groovey sound. And if you can tell me your thoughts about this band. Thanks!

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:40 pm 

It got blacklisted in 2015 for being hard rock. In the old appeals one mod was of the opinion that it's still hard rock. I've checked the album and there are heavy/groove metal moments on it, but overall it sounds like it's still predominantly modern hard rock. Sorry.

guillaume31120
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:55 am 

Hi,
I tired to add my current band (WORSELDER, France) to en encyclopedia, but it seems that we are blacklisted...
Sincerely, I have no idea why we are blacklisted...
Is there an admin that could help me, please ?

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:29 pm 

Blacklist says more hard rock than metal, circa 2015. Do you have an album post-2015 you can link?
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:51 am 

Topics merged. Please use the search function next time.

The way I see it, everything released so far has been taken into account so the blacklisting stays.

guillaume31120
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:40 pm 

Hi,
I really don't understand...
Since the band was created, we play THRASH/GROOVE METAL...

And there is some material released since 2015 available.
You can listen to our entire 2017 album "Paradigms Lost" here :

https://worselder.bandcamp.com/album/pa ... album-2017

Here is the first single of our upcoming album :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEHWO066eFo

Is it possible to re-evaluate our status, please ?

Thanks !

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:57 pm 

Have you read the previous posts? All the material up until now has been evaluated so the answer is no.

guillaume31120
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:18 pm 

I'm sorry, but all the material available has not been reviewed. Have you listened to our entire albums ???
This categoric answer is not understandable and quite insulting to us.
I can't understand one second that our material is reviewed as "hard rock", as we play thrash metal for years...

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:45 pm 

guillaume31120 wrote:
I'm sorry, but all the material available has not been reviewed.

False, all the material released so far has been evaluated and it was judged to be more hard rock than metal. I understand that you are upset that your band is not listed here but the decision has been made and as such it is final. Feel free to post here again once you have a new album for us to check. Until then blacklisting stays in full effect.

joH1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:14 am 

Hello,

The band released a new full-length a couple weeks ago: https://worselder.bandcamp.com/album/re ... album-2023
Could you take a look at it? The first track isn't the most metallic of the bunch, but I humbly believe that later tracks are more (I'd say track 3 for example).

Cheers!

joH1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:32 am 

guillaume31120 wrote:
I'm sorry, but all the material available has not been reviewed. Have you listened to our entire albums ???
I can't understand one second that our material is reviewed as "hard rock", as we play thrash metal for years...

Hello Guillaume,
The site's rules are strict concerning band admissions. The main rule is that the music must present "metal" riffs. There is no single, standard definition of a metal riff but this excludes most of industrial metal (Rammstein), nu-metal (Slipknot), djent (Animals as Leaders) and the -core family.

I guess what Quorthallis meant by "hard rock" is a generic term for non-metal (in the sense of the site's rules) music harder than regular rock, not AC/DC-type hard rock. In this case, I think that for the mods, Worselder falls under the nu metal label.

Let's see what they think of the new album.

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:46 am 

joH1 wrote:
guillaume31120 wrote:

Hello Guillaume,
The site's rules are strict concerning band admissions. The main rule is that the music must present "metal" riffs. There is no single, standard definition of a metal riff but this excludes most of industrial metal (Rammstein), nu-metal (Slipknot), djent (Animals as Leaders) and the -core family.

I guess what Quorthallis meant by "hard rock" is a generic term for non-metal (in the sense of the site's rules) music harder than regular rock, not AC/DC-type hard rock. In this case, I think that for the mods, Worselder falls under the nu metal label.

Let's see what they think of the new album.

Why are you doing this? I already gave a response. Don't second guess what I meant. Leave the response to the moderators only, please.

joH1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:00 am 

Okay man, sorry, I'm just trying to help.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:33 am 

Whitelisted.

Reply to topic