Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MMM88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:51 pm 

Came across this band lately.. a stoner rock/metal instrumental trio from Wales. Wondering if theyre heavy enough to be submitted.. ??

Zonderhoof

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:20 pm 

Try it and see. This thread isn't used for questions such as yours (it makes people more accountable for silly submissions and forces them to take the process more seriously).
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

MMM88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:35 pm 

Nightgaunt wrote:
Try it and see. This thread isn't used for questions such as yours (it makes people more accountable for silly submissions and forces them to take the process more seriously).

Alright I will, I just wanted some to give an opinion.

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:15 am 

Hello, please take this into consideration. I have a little suggestion, easy to accomplish regarding my rejected submissions. When I got a band rejected, usually I got some bands rejected since I am more open to non standard old-school metal bands, can you please mention the reason in the notification email (beside the random message not metal; does not belong) cause when it comes to a band submission I do it cause the band (at least) for me sounds metal enough or else I wouldn't spend a minute to add it although I am sure that many users are offended by such submissions and don't consider them metal enough I also don't consider the majority of the accepted hard rock with little metal influences as metal enough anyway that's not the point here. As I lately noticed (maybe I am wrong) the moderators are generally influenced by the description/influences... mentioned on the band's myspace or any other site especially when the moderator is not much familiar with the genre. I am also having random surprising rejections like Caltrop (later re-accepted), Power of Coming Age, El Schlong... So please mention your own reason in the email since as I suppose each band got rejected for a specific reason like more hardcore more rock... Then I will have something to discuss in the forum about each specific band and not posting random replies like why was Power of Coming Age "for example" rejected (then another moderator will threat me with a ban) the answer can be shortened in the notification email and if that didn't convince me then I may be able to use my own arguments in the forum. Thanks.

SitraAhra
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:07 pm 

Gravefish :D Theres no need to explain every single rejection.It's just moderator who decide if band belong here or not.You and me just subbmit bands,and Moderators take final decision.Also have in mind that that Moods do not have time to answer every single case when band is rejected.Live with it.Also subbmit PURE METAL BANDS.Not 50/50 who fits here and problem will be solved.

In_hora_mortis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:46 pm 

Hello.

Satanachia (black metal) was rejected and I think this is an error, cause:

1. Satanachia is a pure black metal band and was formed in 1993.
2. They released a split tape with other colombian bands in 1998 called "To Meet the Storm", look the cover here:

http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/discogra ... htrap_(COL)-type-Albums-l-en.html

(I think S.O.M sucks, but the cover is there, sorry)

3. A CD "Hail Satana" promo show was released in december 2007, in the flyer says: "lanzando su cd" (promoting their cd, in spanish). Look it here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... =620123978

Thanks.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:57 pm 

In_hora_mortis wrote:
Hello.

2. They released a split tape with other colombian bands in 1998 called "To Meet the Storm", look the cover here:

3. A CD "Hail Satana" promo show was released in december 2007, in the flyer says: "lanzando su cd" (promoting their cd, in spanish). Look it here:

Thanks.

The links do not work, though the facebook link could be possibly rather useful, if it was working.

Anothert thing, why don't you turn your notification on?
Plus single myspace pages with minimum info are almost always not sufficient as a proof.

In_hora_mortis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:04 pm 

Witcher wrote:
In_hora_mortis wrote:
Hello.

Thanks.

The links do not work, though the facebook link could be possibly rather useful, if it was working.

Plus single myspace pages with minimum info are almost always not sufficient as a proof.

Yes, sorry for the links.

You can look here:

http://inhoramortismetal.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your patience

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:18 pm 

In_hora_mortis wrote:
Witcher wrote:
In_hora_mortis wrote:
Hello.

Thanks.

Yes, sorry for the links.

You can look here:

http://inhoramortismetal.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your patience

Yes, the flyer is informative enough.

darkpoet
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:49 am 

I submitted a band today, happens to be a project of mine, and it was rejected because of "lack of proof of any releases/lack of info"
even though I've released one demo, am working on a new one, gave a photo of it, and even gave a link to the myspace page i use to promote with.
Can anybody help me out?
The project's name is Unholy Children of Hellfire

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:16 am 

darkpoet wrote:
I submitted a band today, happens to be a project of mine, and it was rejected because of "lack of proof of any releases/lack of info"
even though I've released one demo, am working on a new one, gave a photo of it, and even gave a link to the myspace page i use to promote with.
Can anybody help me out?
The project's name is Unholy Children of Hellfire

Myspace page is usually not a proof enough.
You have to prove that, the release exists - by the link to a distro or a scan of the whole CD, CD-R and tape.

Computer generated "covers" are not a valid proof.

deadhead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:40 pm 

Witcher
I've PM'ed you a link to "Shadow Dancers" CD rip.
Did you have a time to listen?
Let me know what you think about

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:19 am 

Hey, I just submitted a local band Port Amoral, which are a melodic metalcore band in the vein of later-era Killswitch Engage with quite a few licks and riffs ripped off of Iron Maiden. I received the rejection email that they weren't metal and didn't belong - but I definitely think they do.

You can listen to a couple tracks on their MySpace here http://www.myspace.com/portamoral which are currently unreleased and if someone could explain how to upload an album to another site, I could forward the link of their release 'Jade Dead Eyes'.

cheers,
--N

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:49 am 

Nyaricus wrote:
Hey, I just submitted a local band Port Amoral, which are a melodic metalcore band in the vein of later-era Killswitch Engage with quite a few licks and riffs ripped off of Iron Maiden. I received the rejection email that they weren't metal and didn't belong - but I definitely think they do.

You can listen to a couple tracks on their MySpace here http://www.myspace.com/portamoral which are currently unreleased and if someone could explain how to upload an album to another site, I could forward the link of their release 'Jade Dead Eyes'.

cheers,
--N

They are far less metal than Bullet For MyValentine. Too alternative overall, the melodic leads will not save it. I did not hear any Iron Maiden riffs, only some guitar duels. I do not think, that the whole album would be any different.

PulpifiedBongSucker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:01 pm 

Why was Passion Rose rejected? I submitted them a while back, it said "not metal; does not belong."

They're glam influenced heavy metal/hard rock, enough to be on the archives, imo.

http://passion-rose.com/

Their demos/promo are more metal than their full length, also.

Last edited by PulpifiedBongSucker on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:57 pm 

Can Jucifer be added?

Some of their songs may be indie/alternative, but for the most part they play a mix of drone doom and grindcore.

Jucifer live is heavier than Sunn O))).

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:15 pm 

Goatfangs wrote:
Can Jucifer be added?

Some of their songs may be indie/alternative, but for the most part they play a mix of drone doom and grindcore.

Jucifer live is heavier than Sunn O))).

http://www.myspace.com/jucifer
This is about as metal as Dinosaur Jr ., some hints towards Black Sabbath and psychedelic doom, but that is all. Not predominantly metal, but predominantly alternative
I do not hear any grindcore in their songs and even if there were, it would be reason more why to reject them - grindcore is not metal.

Their live sound does not matter at all.
Sunn O))) themselves are as borderline as it gets, so to argument with them will not help you at all.

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:02 pm 

Witcher wrote:
Nyaricus wrote:

cheers,
--N

They are far less metal than Bullet For MyValentine. Too alternative overall, the melodic leads will not save it. I did not hear any Iron Maiden riffs, only some guitar duels. I do not think, that the whole album would be any different.

Well, mind you, "the whole album" isn't what was on their MySpace - those are tracks from today, whereas the album I'm speaking of is from 2004. They simply had a different vibe back then. I'm also completely unfamiliar with Bullet for My Valentine, so that sort of comparison doesn't really help me understand your angle, sorry.

To me, their full-length reminds me a bit of what 3 Inches of Blood did - they took that Iron Maiden-esque sound, with it's double leads, melodic licks and overall catchyness and updated the formula. In the case of Port Amoral on their full-length debut, they took a predominantly metalcore route, with a sound very much like (to my ears) later-era Killswitch - but filled with all that awesome Maiden inspiration.

If you could explain to me how to upload an album, I'd be more than wiling to show it to you.

cheers,
--N

----------------
Now playing: Marduk - Imago Mortis

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:08 am 

The only thing that you have to understand, is, that they are not metal enough. We do not have to convince the users about our decisions.
The album upload would be useful only in the case, that it would sound radically different from the other songs, but nothing indicates that.

The music has nothing to do with 3 Inches of Blood.

PulpifiedBongSucker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:52 pm 

PulpifiedBongSucker wrote:
Why was Passion Rose rejected? I submitted them a while back, it said "not metal; does not belong."

They're glam influenced heavy metal/hard rock, enough to be on the archives, imo.

Bump.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:13 pm 

Bump.

O.K. I see that they have also faster metal songs on their debut album, so resubmit.

Matty_The_Emo_Slayer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:36 pm 

On Pain Of Deayh do not exist because I got the name wrong and will hence be resubmitted.

http://www.metalireland.com/miwiki/inde ... Blaze_Zine

PulpifiedBongSucker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:46 pm 

Witcher wrote:

Bump.

O.K. I see that they have also faster metal songs on their debut album, so resubmit.

Thank you so much. :)

Thorr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:47 pm 

Witcher wrote:
Thorr wrote:
TheGrimWombat wrote:
Thorr wrote:
Thanks for never addressing my question fags.

This is surely a good way to get a positive response. :roll:

It may have just been overlooked, this board does not revolve around you.

I don't know what your question was, but this sort of response will get you nowhere.

I asked the question three times....and since this is the correct thread, I assumed it would have been answered.

Still, you dare to be insultive?? The band in question is not metal enough. Whaever it it, it is closer to grindcore than death metal or similar.
To compare it with Pelican will not help you, that band is quite bordeline itself.
And as for side project, Tortuga is a small indie label with no distribution in stone shops worldwide.
You have no right to get response to every question, do you recognize, that we may not have the will to discuss those drone, post-hardcore, whaever bands, which were already judged and blacklisted, especially when you bring nothing new to the discussion.

Pelican is on this site. Tusk is Pelican's sideproject. What's it matter how big the label is? They have multiple releases in physical formats.

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:02 pm 

Thorr wrote:
Pelican is on this site. Tusk is Pelican's sideproject. What's it matter how big the label is? They have multiple releases in physical formats.

It matters because the side-project rule requires the project in question to be on a label with world-wide distribution. The side-project rules used to be more lenient, with the result that the site was awash with non-metal projects of no real significance to the metal world-- ambient projects with only a very small number of copies made, associated with even less prolific metal musicians. A sorry state of affairs for the metal archives. A lot of conflict was being generated too, huge amounts of moderator time being wasted, and some of the whinging was really quite ridiculous, and so the rules were updated to resolve some of this. A line had to be drawn somewhere and while not everyone is or can be pleased things are better than they were before. The result is that small indie labels are now considered insufficient, and that is that-- you have been told by a mod already, despite your poor attitude, and so you need to accept that.

PulpifiedBongSucker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:12 pm 

I submitted a side project of Nunslaughter, who're a hardcore punk band on Hell's Headbangers records. It got rejected, but is that big enough to be accepted? They're indie, but Nunslaughter is a pretty big band in the metal world, and Hell's Headbangers is a pretty big label as well.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:36 am 

I submitted a side project of Nunslaughter, who're a hardcore punk band on Hell's Headbangers records. It got rejected, but is that big enough to be accepted? They're indie, but Nunslaughter is a pretty big band in the metal world, and Hell's Headbangers is a pretty big label as well.

Hell's Headbangers do not have direct distribution in stone shops in Europe.
You can order the albums, but you will get them from them as imports only.

How big is the band does not matter at all.

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:38 pm 

Isn't this the acceptable kind of industrial progressive metal http://www.guitar9.com/wannaplay.html ?

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:44 am 

This band:

http://www.myspace.com/vomitorialcorpulence
http://www.vomitorialcorpulence.cjb.net/

Sounds acceptable grindcore although it's on the rejected list.

SitraAhra
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:07 am 

Whitechapel were rejected with sentence kinda Prog Rock-Does Not Belong :).I had a good laugh today :D .This band do no sound like KING CRIMSON or other Prog Rock bands.The same situation were when I subbmited SOULJOURNERS(It were rejected with explantation Prog Rock Does Not Belong) and latter re-accepted with Prog Metal genre.WHITECHAPEL is HEAVY prog METAL band and All reviews prove that.Just music have a bit more complicated and unusual structures and singing in French.But its Heavy enough.

http://www.progressor.net/review/whitechapel_2006.html

Quote:
Overall, "Le Masque D'Arlequin" is a pretty decent debut release, with solid musicianship and no obviously derivative features. If you're a fan of symphonic Prog-Metal somewhere in the vein of Threshold, are not an audiophile (the sound quality leaves much to be desired) and can overlook occasional mainstream rock-like moments, you will most likely be satisfied with this first offering from Whitechapel.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:26 am 

SitraAhra wrote:
Whitechapel were rejected with sentence kinda Prog Rock-Does Not Belong :).I had a good laugh today :D .This band do no sound like KING CRIMSON or other Prog Rock bands.The same situation were when I subbmited SOULJOURNERS(It were rejected with explantation Prog Rock Does Not Belong) and latter re-accepted with Prog Metal genre.WHITECHAPEL is HEAVY prog METAL band and All reviews prove that.Just music have a bit more complicated and unusual structures and singing in French.But its Heavy enough.

http://www.progressor.net/review/whitechapel_2006.html

Quote:
Overall, "Le Masque D'Arlequin" is a pretty decent debut release, with solid musicianship and no obviously derivative features. If you're a fan of symphonic Prog-Metal somewhere in the vein of Threshold, are not an audiophile (the sound quality leaves much to be desired) and can overlook occasional mainstream rock-like moments, you will most likely be satisfied with this first offering from Whitechapel.

Simply , it is not. They use more distortion here and there, but their songs are no different in structure and approach then Yes, Saga or other such bands.

Whitechapel the song is rather Pink Floydish, while "Echec" sounds like Marillion. No NWOBHM, and they had about similar amount of harsher riffs.

Threshold were much heavier than this.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:33 am 

GraveWish wrote:
This band:

Punkish noisegrind, unacceptable.

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:23 am 

Witcher wrote:
GraveWish wrote:
This band:

Punkish noisegrind, unacceptable.

Strange anyway I am not the moderator, what about this band http://www.guitar9.com/wannaplay.html ?

PiotrB
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:34 am 

just add this...

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:36 am 

Piotr_Bojka wrote:
just add this...

The band was previously rejected once that's why I am asking here.

PulpifiedBongSucker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:20 pm 

Why was Cut the Architect's Hand rejected? They're tech/metal-metal with Southern/groove leanings, they're influenced by Pig Destroyer, Dillinger Escape Plan, Neurosis and other bands of the post-hardcore/sludge/tech-metal style.

myspace.com/ctah

And they have physical releases.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:34 pm 

Where is the proof of release?

PulpifiedBongSucker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:48 pm 

I know the drummer personally, and he told me that the release their albums in very limited pressings (due to being unsigned), so they just put it up for download after they run out.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:49 pm 

Won't be good enough.

We need proof of physical release to accept the band.

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:50 pm 

I know the drummer personally, and he told me that the release their albums in very limited pressings (due to being unsigned), so they just put it up for download after they run out.

Evidence, evidence,evidence! You will convince no one around here with words. Try to get a photography of the release.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 208  Next