Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:54 pm 

SadisticGratification wrote:
Just out of curiousity, why aren't Between the Buried and Me on the archives? it really is only curiousity because I can't stand that band and am not trying to get them back but it seems a lot of bands who are similar enough are on it plus I would classify them as metal personally.

Really now? Dude, just like your post about autothrall not being a black metal fan, this was very damn LAZY!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:55 pm 

I never said anything about autothrall not being a black metal fan? :???:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:59 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
In easily the quickest turn around in site history, why was ..Quite Simply... Cunt accepted and immediately deleted?

I think Tony clicked the wrong button.

Alhadis told me they were blacklisted. I checked one of their releases and it had clear raw black influences but most of their other stuff was noise/grind.

Sadistic: "This has nothing to do with anything, but Autothrall actually gave a black metal album an 80%!" but let's not close the subject, this thread is not about you, autothrall or reviews. I'm just asking you to do your homework before posting.

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:09 pm 

I did do a search and the results weren't the same as Azmodes it was a general search of the whole site, I'm not intimately familiar with how this site works it was an honest mistake but I know for a fact I did search, as for the the autothrall thing that wasn't me (I used my new found skill with the search function and found out it was this user) I just want to clear my name there;

Sick6Six wrote:
This has nothing to do with anything, but Autothrall actually gave a black metal album an 80%! The new Acherontas, I knew I should have added this to my order yesterday!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:14 pm 

Oh shit :durr: All the noobs are similar! Sorry. I should start drinking coffee :(

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:20 pm 

It's alright but just go easier on us n00bz last thing I want to do is piss off the mods whether it be through arrogance, misuse of the site, laziness or otherwise it's not my game, all I want to do is talk metal with metalheads and write a few reviews. As for the BTBAM thing was an honest mistake on my part for whatever reason my search wasn't good enough to find even page 215s discussion on the subject. It only showed people talking about the band in other contexts, anyway not trying to derail the thread but I just want to let you know. Also I hope you realise the irony in telling me to do my homework :lol:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:27 pm 

I'll be the kind of teacher to have some whisky in its coffee, that's for sure!

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:41 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
In easily the quickest turn around in site history, why was ..Quite Simply... Cunt accepted and immediately deleted?

Alhadis told me they were blacklisted. I checked one of their releases and it had clear raw black influences but most of their other stuff was noise/grind.

Call me a noob if you will, but this makes no sense to me. If a band has a release that meets site definitions, even if the rest of their discography does not (enter Soulfly, the low-hanging fruit), then they still qualify for inclusion on the site, do they not? Or am I giving too much weight to simple "influence"?

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:04 pm 

Alhadis didn't agree with my evaluation and I also said "influences" meaning that it was borderline (perhaps I wasn't clear enough, my bad). The band was already blacklisted and I don't care enough to argue for them since I don't think they're sufficiently metal for MA.

noob, just kidding!
:-D

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:42 pm 

I listened to the release that Tony deemed acceptable, and it was barely acceptable as it was. Yes, some (raw) black metal riffage, but the songs themselves are largely unstructured and fuelled by noise/grind. With the rest of the band's (unacceptable) discography in mind, a few borderline riffs really aren't a redeeming factor. :p

I suppose it's kinda my fault for not blacklisting every other possible formatting of the band's stupid name, but I really CBF given the myriad of different possibilities the ellipses could be typed in by a submitter. :rolleyes:

Kreatorovpain
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:22 am 

Okay. I'm not sure why my band submission was rejected as, despite them being post-hardcore, they do also have post metal influences, and the metallic influences are pretty strong. They've released a 3-song EP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZpec6AXWtw- Leaving None Behind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTaVHgvUAVs- Safe It Seems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyDqlnXPQD8- Rivers
Also, Dose of Metal (a metal blog) has tagged them as post-metal.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:30 am 

I haven't listened to those tracks, but I should remind you that even if a band's "metallic influences are strong", the music is rejected if the base and core of it isn't found to be metallic.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:40 pm 

Why is Gang Green blacklisted?
Yes they started as a punk band but they kept adding more and more metal to their sound. I would consider them crossover thrash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHmZPhp ... ata_player
Gang Green - Last Chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfsCIbX ... ata_player
Gang Green - Put Her On Top

Members of gang green even went on to form heavy metal bands like Mallet-Head.

~Guest 309399
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:12 pm 

Why was Locrian blacklisted?

sounds pretty much like metal to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLArJ2BOBME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCZrTnHWX4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IrqiPTKMnM

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:18 pm 

Gang Green are still primarily punk. Another borderline case, which had an even thrashier release, was At All Cost from NYC, but they're still more punk than metal. Punk can get thrashy

Locrian is being reviewed, we'll let you know if we decide it's metal enough.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:23 pm 

@Locrian
They have a huge discography and it's mainly noise with some black metal here and there mainly because of the guests (Blake Judd...).

I mean yeah, there's "Procession Of Ancestral Brutalism" which is black metal but there's also that on the same album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHJOrDCke7g

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:40 pm 

Thanks! I assume Dayglo Abortions is a similar case as Gang Green? :)

~Guest 309399
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:00 pm 

@Metantoine

Ok merci, même si tant qu'à moi, y'a plusieurs bands de metal-archives qui tombent dans la catégorie "pas tout le temps metal", tant pis.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:05 pm 

Tu peux toujours utliser cette thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65721 Il a tellement de bands qu'on ne peut pas être parfait. Bien sur, si tu veux qu'on nuke un band, il te faudra poster beaucoup de liens et d'exemples.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:41 pm 

Not trying to mini-mod...but I have the entire Dayglo Abortions discography and I'm a pretty big fan.

The problem with this band is that they have metal songs here and there, but not really a disc that is completely metal...I would say they are even more metal than Gang Green most of the time, but they are still a hardcore band (Dayglo). Certainly metal-influenced, especially in the lead playing, but they are a punk band.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:44 pm 

TheGrimWombat wrote:
Not trying to mini-mod...but I have the entire Dayglo Abortions discography and I'm a pretty big fan.

The problem with this band is that they have metal songs here and there, but not really a disc that is completely metal...I would say they are even more metal than Gang Green most of the time, but they are still a hardcore band (Dayglo). Certainly metal-influenced, especially in the lead playing, but they are a punk band.

Exactly correct, as I recall it.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:23 pm 

In fact, most of their more metal songs are only when they are poking fun at metal.

bornofobscurity
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:00 pm 

There are bands on here that are far more "core" influenced than Born of Osiris, like, And Hell Followed With for example. Deathcore at it's finest.

bornofobscurity
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:04 pm 

I already got an answer for this question, but not a very good one. Sorry for posting in the wrong place, btw.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:10 pm 

If there are bands on here that you believe are more influenced by -core than Born of Osiris are, then report them in the "Why was band X accepted?" thread and they'll be reevaluated and potentially deleted. The moderators aren't going to let one questionable band in just because there are less acceptable bands already on the website.

acidsymphony
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:37 pm 

A God or an Other

"More post-rock/experimental than metal. Not a metal band" - Derigin

Don't fully agree on that. Way more of a black metal band, just has one post-rock sounding song. More similar to Deathspell Omega or Blut Aus Nord than any post-rock groups.

Listen yourself : http://agodoranother.bandcamp.com

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:18 pm 

I think it's metal enough, I think it's gonna be evaluated again, give us a moment.

Edit: band restored after a discussion with some other mods.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:39 am 

Keep in mind that when I rejected that band, I did so on March 3rd. At that time, the "Towers of Silence" album was not out (released April 19th, 2013), and all I had to go on was a Live EP and a sketchy (in sound/production) demo. Just thought I'd point that out before jumping to conclusions!

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:13 am 

Derigrin knows nothing of metal!

Livingsin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:21 pm 

I just wanted to submit the band Rompeprop, since I saw it wasn't on the site yet.
But while submitting this band I got a message saying that this band has been blacklisted.

I'm really wondering why that is, since it's a great band.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:23 pm 

Livingsin wrote:
I just wanted to submit the band Rompeprop, since I saw it wasn't on the site yet.
But while submitting this band I got a message saying that this band has been blacklisted.

I'm really wondering why that is, since it's a great band.

The original post wrote:
use the search function

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Svarte_Sorg
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:31 pm 

I tried to add band "Church of Nihil" from Russia, but site says that it has been blacklisted. What's the reason? The band is metal (black metal), and they already have physical demo released, here's the link to the label's page - http://depressiveillusions.com/items/cd ... nihil-demo
Thank you.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:37 pm 

I listened to both tracks on the 2-track demo, and while the first one was borderline acceptable, the second track (which was twice as long as the first) was predominantly post-rock with "blackgaze" elements... specifically vocals and very sparse BM riffs littered across the song. More ambient/post- than black metal, sorry.

Svarte_Sorg
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:43 pm 

OK, thanks.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:28 am 

Hey folks. I added the band Bloody Virgin but is was rejected due to lack of info as to where to purchase the cd -

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Blo ... 3540365392

The cd is/was available to buy directly through the band for 5euro

http://bloody-virgin.piranho.de/disco.html

which translates -

Bloody Virgin have started their first studio CD in December 2008. This will be released in early January and designed at Hofer, Timo Tarn temple and at Stage Guitar. The Expemplare can be purchased directly from us of course.

The disc costs 5 € and is equipped with 7 songs.

Hope this is enough info, thanks!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:41 am 

Restored.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:45 am 

Azmodes wrote:

Many thanks Azmodes.

GRIND HORIZON
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:32 am 

Hi Zodijackyl

Apologies for not including our online links

Our debut EP has been released and can be found using the following link http://grindhorizon.bandcamp.com/

Can you please confirm that this is sufficient to have the original decision overturned ?

This is in response to an email received on 31/05/13 detailed below

Many thanks

Sorry GRIND HORIZON, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Grind Horizon (United Kingdom), for the following reason:

A band needs a valid release before they can be accepted to the site - a valid release is one that's either:
• Distributed in physical form (CD, CDr, DVD, tape, vinyl, etc)
• Digital and available for full download: must also be a finished/final mix (no garage rehearsals or rough mixes), AND long enough (preferably over 20 minutes)
• Already released. That is, no upcoming releases!

To prove this, you must include one of the following:
• PHYSICAL RELEASES: Include photographic evidence (such as this or this) and upload them to a site like Imgur.com. Optionally, if you don't have access to any of the copies, you can include links to sites like BigCartel or a label's page that's selling them, or officially announced them as available for ordering.
• DIGITAL-ONLY RELEASES: Include links to sites like Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon, etc, to where the release can be purchased or downloaded.

If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the Suggestions and Complaints sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this.

Sincerely,
- Zodijackyl, Encyclopaedia Metallum

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:34 am 

How can that EP be obtained?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:35 am 

What EP? All I see is four separately uploaded songs with different covers and release dates. Keep in mind that digital singles are not valid releases.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220 ... 541  Next