Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BowelKicker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:44 pm 

Back to Vagination from Berlin/Hull. I submitted the band a few months ago, the album had not been finish at this time. Now it is and getting pressed. Here a bandcamp link.

http://vagination.bandcamp.com/album/bandung-whore

Thanks

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:46 pm 

As mentioned before, it needs to be released (i.e. publicly available for purchase/download). Please wait until it is.

maxy666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:47 pm 

Why "1980" is on blacklisted?

https://soundcloud.com/1980theband

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:07 pm 

maxy666 wrote:
Why "1980" is on blacklisted?

Djent.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:14 pm 

...That's a weird name for a djent band. :lol: I read the name and expected hard rock.

uroboric
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:03 am 

in regards to "Freeze" being rejected earlier, i understand the capitalization issue, but there was a link to the demo that was recorded in the submission, which meets the 2nd criteria. what needs to be done in order for this to be approved?

Andrew

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:28 am 

uroboric wrote:
in regards to "Freeze" being rejected earlier, i understand the capitalization issue, but there was a link to the demo that was recorded in the submission, which meets the 2nd criteria

Excuse me? How much of the rejection message did you actually bother to read? Image Here, I've highlighted the important bits for you, since you clearly didn't bother reading past the second sentence. :ugh:

Freeze's "release" was a 2-track 9:29-long guitar-only demo recorded in the basement of one of the members. That's as far from a valid release as possible.

BowelKicker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:54 am 

Vagination Album released.

http://vagination.bandcamp.com/

BowelKicker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 am 

As you can see, we have released the album.

http://vagination.bandcamp.com/

Hard copies soon via Rebirth the Metal Productions.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:38 pm 

Alright, you can submit them.

seaburryquinn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:57 pm 

Kadian is most certainly a black metal band, as can be seen in their latest EP:

http://kadian.bandcamp.com/album/three- ... ns-of-dusk

Thanks for your time.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:03 pm 

Sounds like dark ambient to me. Zero metal riffing.

seaburryquinn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:22 pm 

Thanks anyway.

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:51 pm 

I submitted a band Malphas, and they were rejected because I couldn't show proof of a physical release. I put this picture in the submission notes, and I didn't realize that the band hadn't actually played any shows or handed out any demos when I submitted them.

And then the band posted this on Facebook after I submitted them, and it says that they did hand out CD's when they played that night. I don't know if Metantoine saw or took that post into account when he rejected the band. They also have their demo available for download if that means anything.

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but if I mention in the additional notes that Malphas handed out demos at their show, would it be enough for me to re-submit the band?
Thanks!

adversor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:27 am 

The band Decapitated Body Found has been rejected for lack of evidence about a release but I've got a link to prove they have released an album in 2012
http://losthillsstudio.bandcamp.com/alb ... e-victim-2

Also their facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/decapitatedbodyfound?fref=ts

Could you please help me out with the correction?

Thank you!

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:32 am 

Dave_o_rama wrote:
I know it's a bit of a stretch, but if I mention in the additional notes that Malphas handed out demos at their show, would it be enough for me to re-submit the band?
Thanks!

Please resubmit with the links to that evidence included in the submission notes, mate. :)

adversor wrote:
The band Decapitated Body Found has been rejected for lack of evidence about a release but I've got a link to prove they have released an album in 2012

... eh. I'm not really sure if that Bandcamp link could pass as an acceptable digital-release. For one, not all of the tracks are downloadable... second, the release isn't downloadable as a whole. The tracks need to be purchased individually, which is... kinda weird. It gives me the impression the band didn't intend on distributing it in a purely virtual medium, so... do you know if their release has been distributed physically?

BuffaloPhlegm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:17 pm 

BuffaloPhlegm wrote:
Hey, I submitted the band Pisshorse and it got rejected, the reason being "not enough proof of metalness".

I left a link with a single sampler for a future split with Abigail the band is preparing, and in the same bandcamp link there's a couple songs from the first EP we released.

Here's a direct link:

http://pisshorse.bandcamp.com/album/trucks-ep

Thanks.

Quoting this since it was forgotten a few dozen pages ago.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:30 pm 

Sorry about that. You can resubmit.

19dlb92
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:07 pm 

The band Sadistic Sacrament offers their debut EP as a free download and they will also have cds printed in june via their bandcamp page:
http://sadisticsacrament.bandcamp.com/

should i resubmit the band when the cd is released?

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:20 pm 

EDIT: After reconsidering, yeah, you can resubmit right away. No need to wait.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Slubbert
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:48 am 

Hello, people!
Devilment band has been blacklisted by the moderation and can no longer be submitted. The last remark from the moderator was that it didn't metal... How it isn't present? For example, here the quote from interview to the Russian portal of Daniel Finch, the leader of group:

- How can you characterize music style or genre of the Devilment? And tell us why you picked this particular style among all others?
- The core of this band is Metal, but we take influences from Dance music, Folk, World music, Film scores etc. I didn’t want to just do a straight forward metal band. I listen to a wide range of music, and I wanted to add those sounds and textures within our music. People are giving us the label of “Horror Metal” and I kind of like that. I guess with the image of the band and the lyrics Dani comes up with, it seems like a good label to call us. But I never characterize anything I do. I think the minute you sit down to write a certain style song, it will sound forced. I simply sit down and just play and see what comes out. We have a lot of different sounding songs but we don’t have a “Devilment” formula to write songs like some bands do. Everybody contributes to the music and we now write as a band, and the new songs are sounding great.

Link to full interview:
http://truemetal-forum.ru/viewtopic.php?id=1725#p46287

In my opinion, everything is simple and clear. Unless isn't present?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 pm 

It's nu-metal.

Acuna
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:51 am 

Hello!

I didn't find any information anywhere about why is "The Angelic Process" is banned. Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

ScienceofMetal19
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:43 am 

Dear moderators,
I submitted a band call Witherscape which album will be officially release on july 29th. Even though, the release is a month away, has been rejected. I think you should consider to accept these kind of submissions since are pivotal piece of data that will enriched your encyclopedia, specially if is coming from important metal musicians like DAN SWANO! You might consider to change some submission rules.
Regards.

Rob1
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:16 am 

I'm not a moderator but I do know what they are going to tell you:
Submit it the moment it is released. Since anything could go wrong before the release it is no certainty that it will be released until it is released. Just wait form that moment!

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:00 am 

Acuna wrote:
I didn't find any information anywhere about why is "The Angelic Process" is banned. Can anyone help me?

The Angelic Process aren't a metal band, they're ambient/drone. Several fans of the band on staff agreed that they're not metal, IIRC.

ScienceofMetal19 wrote:
Dear moderators,
I submitted a band call Witherscape which album will be officially release on july 29th. Even though, the release is a month away, has been rejected. I think you should consider to accept these kind of submissions since are pivotal piece of data that will enriched your encyclopedia, specially if is coming from important metal musicians like DAN SWANO! You might consider to change some submission rules.
Regards.

"Metal Archives" - we archive information - an archive is an accumulation of historical records. Exceptions for submissions are not made, and certainly we don't need to make an exception for something involving Dan Swano because he certainly won't be forgotten. Once the album is released, information regarding it can be archived.

Consider a number of issues regarding future releases - we need to be able to verify that an album is metal (and we should not promote obtaining advance copies illegally), releases can be postponed, changed, or cancelled. Selecting exceptions is a dilemma in itself, so we simply don't do it when our system works perfectly fine. You'll find discussion of notable upcoming albums on the forums too.

Odins_Erbe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:01 am 

Dear mods,
My Label submitted my Band "Zyklus der Verzweiflung" on Metal Archives but it was rejected.
It's Depressive Black Metal like so many other bands in the archive (Aegrotationis, Klage der Nacht, Happy Ending....)
Here is a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55dvZbBAtmA

Best Regards

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:09 am 

Odins_Erbe wrote:
Dear mods,
My Label submitted my Band "Zyklus der Verzweiflung" on Metal Archives but it was rejected.
It's Depressive Black Metal like so many other bands in the archive (Aegrotationis, Klage der Nacht, Happy Ending....)

Best Regards

"This band has been rejected by the moderators for the following reason:

"Can you provide more samples from the tape? Those two songs aren't really metal... If the rest is similar, don't bother resubmitting.""

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Acuna wrote:

Several fans of the band on staff agreed that they're not metal, IIRC.

The Angelic Process are fucking amazing, and I love them to death. Having said that, I'm afraid they're drone/post-/experimental, and not a metal band.

Odins_Erbe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:24 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Odins_Erbe wrote:
Dear mods,

Best Regards

"This band has been rejected by the moderators for the following reason:

"Can you provide more samples from the tape? Those two songs aren't really metal... If the rest is similar, don't bother resubmitting.""

This is no standard fast technical metal. It's Depressive Black Metal.
Easy Riffs, Drums and Black Metal Vocals.
Check this bands on Metal Archives: Aegrotationis, Klage der Nacht, Happy Ending
It's the Same Genre and they are listed. Even Neofolk Bands are on METAL Archives and this Depressive Black Metal is not Metal enough?

Best Regards

Acuna
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:31 pm 

Zodijackyl,
Ah... It's so surprising for me, thanks!)

Alhadis,
You're absolutely right! It's so magnificent!

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:43 pm 

Odins_Erbe wrote:
Check this bands on Metal Archives: Aegrotationis, Klage der Nacht, Happy Ending
It's the Same Genre and they are listed. Even Neofolk Bands are on METAL Archives and this Depressive Black Metal is not Metal enough?

Best Regards

I don't hear any metal riffs in this. I know what depressive black metal is, but this is more like droning lo-fi rock with screeching vocals than metal. Look to a band like Wigrid for reference of having metal riffs in a similar style of music.

Odins_Erbe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:32 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Odins_Erbe wrote:

Best Regards

I don't hear any metal riffs in this. I know what depressive black metal is, but this is more like droning lo-fi rock with screeching vocals than metal. Look to a band like Wigrid for reference of having metal riffs in a similar style of music.

What the hell are metal riffs to you? How do you define them? I Think you are Opinion is very subjectively.
The Lyrics are Depressive also. Which Genre is it than?
And if this is not metal enough to you, why are there neofolk bands in the archive?

Questions....
;)

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:49 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/content/rules?index=2

Odins_Erbe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:53 pm 

Please answer the other questions too.

Sciera
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:21 pm 

The lyrics don't matter when determining the music genre.
About the other neofolk bands, either they have a release that is metal and not neofolk or they are here under the side-project rule. If nothing of this applies you can bring them up for deletion in the "cleansing the archives"-thread.

Odins_Erbe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:46 pm 

Than tell me, what genre is it?
This Discussion is ridiculous. It's Metal. Its slow played metal with BM Vocals like so many other Bands here on Metal Archive.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:05 am 

Hey, I submitted local stoner doom band DEADASFUCK like, a few days ago or last week, I don't remember when exactly. But I decided to check up on it. They're not in the archives nor are they in the queue, and I didn't get any emails about them being accepted or rejected. The only reasons I could see for them being rejected were because I spelled their name with all caps and no spaces in a few places, but that's usually how they spell it. I put Dead As Fuck as an alternate spelling since it would have made searching for them easier. They do have a physical CD -a four song EP- which I linked a picture to. Those four songs are also online, and they have one or two more which they only play live right now. A few of their songs sound punk-influenced but they're not punk, they're just a little sludgy. So what's up? Am I missing something?

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:30 am 

CF_Mono wrote:
Hey, I submitted local stoner doom band DEADASFUCK like, a few days ago or last week, I don't remember when exactly. But I decided to check up on it. They're not in the archives nor are they in the queue, and I didn't get any emails about them being accepted or rejected. The only reasons I could see for them being rejected were because I spelled their name with all caps and no spaces in a few places, but that's usually how they spell it. I put Dead As Fuck as an alternate spelling since it would have made searching for them easier. They do have a physical CD -a four song EP- which I linked a picture to. Those four songs are also online, and they have one or two more which they only play live right now. A few of their songs sound punk-influenced but they're not punk, they're just a little sludgy. So what's up? Am I missing something?

Are you sure you have submitted it? This band is neither in the queue nor in deletion history, so it looks like it wasn't submitted lately. Maybe you have saved it to your drafts without submitting?

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:01 am 

Fulgurius wrote:
CF_Mono wrote:

Are you sure you have submitted it? This band is neither in the queue nor in deletion history, so it looks like it wasn't submitted lately. Maybe you have saved it to your drafts without submitting?

Ah >.< You are right.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 541  Next