Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:22 pm 

metaloren wrote:
I think that Urchin from UK should be included in the encyclopaedia as a (traditional metal / hard rock) band. In my opinion, they had a pre-NWOBHM sound.

Hm, interesting. They were stayed in the Archives for years and were deleted recently.

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:14 pm 

jadkrig wrote:
Hello metalfans ^^
So i write a time ago about this theme......I even can´t understand why some bands will be deleted and some not, for excample Vinterriket stay and Uruk-Hai will be deleted.

I short, Vinterriket has metal releases, while Uruk-Hai hasn't. No need to compare them. Everything else is explained in the rules, which you are advised to read before making useles sposts like this. Also, all this has been answered before. If many users will ask about Uruk-Hai, it will not help bringing the band back to the archives.

jadkrig
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:51 pm 

Fulgurius wrote:
jadkrig wrote:
Hello metalfans ^^
So i write a time ago about this theme......I even can´t understand why some bands will be deleted and some not, for excample Vinterriket stay and Uruk-Hai will be deleted.

I short, Vinterriket has metal releases, while Uruk-Hai hasn't. No need to compare them. Everything else is explained in the rules, which you are advised to read before making useles sposts like this. Also, all this has been answered before. If many users will ask about Uruk-Hai, it will not help bringing the band back to the archives.

useless??? You don´t understand the point...it is nor because of Uruk-hai....it is because of the many many many other bands ypou supported here which are not metal.....so right Those Bands are not metal even like Mortiis, even like Autumn Tears, even like Dark Sanctuary even like Elend .....
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Elend/1017
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Dark_Sanctuary/2128
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Autumn_Tears/4098
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mortiis/81

if you like and i find the time , i search more of those non-metal bands you have listed.
By the way you funny words for people who don´t write much....malcore kid sorry what a childish word???
and i hope if you really just want metal you delete those bands even.

I don´t made the rules in metal-archives..... but if you are an admin or anything else go with a good excmaple on, and delete even those bands
Maybe you understand now what i mean....i don´t need to bring a band back to metal-archives...you are not the brightest point in the metal-universe....but it sucks to see that you have no consequent in it. Are you sure yor site was created by adults? by the way i am not a mallcore kid

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:24 pm 

Alhadis has all of the information on Uruk-Hai saved, perhaps he could create a page for that information if you ask him nicely.

aeternus1990 wrote:
metaloren wrote:
I think that Urchin from UK should be included in the encyclopaedia as a (traditional metal / hard rock) band. In my opinion, they had a pre-NWOBHM sound.

Hm, interesting. They were stayed in the Archives for years and were deleted recently.

We discussed the band but got off on a philosophical tangent about exactly what we should include before coming to a decision on it. We'll make a decision on that band in the near future.

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:27 pm 

jadkrig: did you read why some non-metal bands are in the database while some others aren't? It's explained thoroughly here: http://www.metal-archives.com/content/rules#tab_metal

jadkrig wrote:
by the way i am not a mallcore kid

See http://www.metal-archives.com/content/faq?index=18

MATTAIASTK421
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:44 pm 

It looks like the matter of the Austrian Uruk-Hai has already been discussed to completion. But I simply want to reiterate that many of us would really appreciate having the list of releases and information, in order to put it on another site, as it's the most complete source I've seen, prior to it's removal.

TheUnhinged
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:39 pm 

Why is Bellow blacklisted? I suppose it could be considered shoegaze, but it still sounds pretty heavy and doomy to me. It's practically the same stuff that (waning) plays.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:54 pm 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
I have no say in the matter but I do own all three records and they get more metal as they go. I actually think the Alpha Centauri EP is the least metal of the three. The new Self-titled record has some great metal riffs on it but I can see where people call it rock as well. It's a weird thing with these new vintage sounding bands. If the record was released in 1981 it probably would have been metal but in 2013 it's borderline.

I just wanted to respond to this now that I've had a few days to spin the s/t LP. I can see where a lot of people would find it "more metal" but I'm inclined to disagree. I think the LP has an overall sweetness/lightness to it that just wasn't present on the EP other than a few fleeting moments. They actually seem to have blurred the lines between their softer and heavier moments, whereas on the EP there almost seemed to be a line in the sand.

I was completely thrown by the full-length at first. Wasn't expecting the tri-vocal attack, wasn't expecting the whole thing to sound so incredibly uplifting and positive. It's already growing on me though.

I still believe Alpha Centauri is significantly heavier overall, even if it's an intangible sort of weight. I suppose they'll not be on the archives though.

al ard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:04 pm 

I have recived this mail:

"Sorry al ard, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Al Ard (Italy), for the following reason:
Ok, I saw your report. Correct any mistakes you have done and then resubmit.
If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the Suggestions and Complaints sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this.
Sincerely,
- OpsiusCato, Encyclopaedia Metallum "

It is possible to comunicate with OpsiusCato due to know if this kind of image is correct as release picture: https://imageshack.com/a/img826/7270/q41t.jpg

Thanks

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:08 pm 

Uhm, well, you made a report about posting the wrong images, yet that image you linked here is the same one you linked to the submission...
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

al ard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:47 pm 

yes I explain you why.
I have linked I different image first and I said you that it was wrong, but that submission has already rejected by Zodijackyl. After that I have linked the image posted above in a new submission, but you have rejected my already modified one with the idea that it was the image that I said you wrong.
The picture linked above is the correct one.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:00 pm 

So that image was the right one, and the report was still there? Hah, ok then. You can resubmit.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

al ard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:08 pm 

ok, Thanks. I have been submitting.

Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 pm 

Muhammadabbadabba wrote:
I see Flower Travellin' Band's blacklisting has been addressed, but I'm curious as to the reasoning for Jerusalem's blacklisting. Not heavy enough to merit inclusion, I take it.
Apparently, Jerusalem used to be on the archives before removal in 2009/2010 (don't precisely recall). I just found out Jerusalem released a proper full-length titled Escalator in 2009, but going by these two tracks, that album definitely won't merit their reinclusion. Just sounds like jammy Hard Rock:

Of course, there's the self-titled debut:

I take it Sir Lord Baltimore's inclusion stemmed from both being the first band formally called Heavy Metal and the 2006 release Sir Lord Baltimore III Raw.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:11 am 

Witcher removed a lot of the early metal stuff like FTB, Lucifer's Friend, and others circa 2009. Since then, the staff have been working much more as a team, and more of us are involved in crafting policy and judgments. We have been discussing a lot of these bands recently, both on their own merits of metalness and possibly a slightly increased tolerance for how we judge some of the early metal/proto-metal type stuff. Just to keep you folks aware, you might not get a quick response but we are certainly giving these bands quite a bit of attention and discussion.

NoGodHere
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:24 am 

Hi guys ,
I've seen that my submission was rejected for no evidence of the release : Sguaguarahchristis released a self-produced limited edition album (Self inflicted genocide) in autumn 2012 now available in digital download form their page .Then in 2013 the band released a split (le Messe noire) and a new ep (Raven) last april both only via digital download (the links were added on the additional notes).
On youtube there are a lot o fan video for the songs of the band like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jHa04WPYeY
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-dqY7JsO2M
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQHHbLEkz8Q
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqhjNoEKb7Y

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SG666-KV ... 5641265900

Their page on facebook with 1000 fans l (plus all the flyers , the cover and the links to download their release ,the reviews of their works ) proves the authenticity of the band and their full activity .
Hope that this will be enough .
Many thanks , cheers .

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:23 am 

Hey, just asking why was Grimus Blacklisted oh so years ago? (I'm guessing years ago)

http://grimus666.bandcamp.com/album/omnicide

If it is lack of physical, well, they can get in through digital.

If metalness, if anything they sound like Brutal Deathcore. In these cases I'm not that good that telling where on the borderline they are at times and this is one of the bands.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:47 am 

NoGodHere wrote:
Hi guys ,
I've seen that my submission was rejected for no evidence of the release

The evidence is supposed to go to the "Submission notes" field. Since you apparently missed it:
Band submission form wrote:
Please include in the field above:
  • A link to a picture of the release, or a store selling it, in a physical format (CD, CDr, DVD, tape, vinyl, etc.) OR a link to an official download. Digital-only albums should be professional full-length albums (30+ mins). No digital-only demos!
  • Samples of the music so we can verify that it is metal.

Also, Vatican City? Founded in 1993? Really?

NoGodHere
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:54 am 

Hail .
Yes , the band was founded in 1993 but remained in stand-by for many years . I put Vatican city because is the place where one of the founders (JJ Nehero) was born : we don't want to reveal to much about the band ,the music talks for us . The other founder is me and I am the one who continues the band after the death of JJN 5 month ago ,in his honour we 've released the Raven Ep that you can find in free download on our page : we are really close to sign for a label to put out the ep on cd .

Before the Self inflicted genocide album (2012) from 1994 we recorded 5 demo , 1 full and 3 split but all this stuff is pure shit . The last album was a new beginning and was the first record with our actual drummer .

All the links I've posted are official ,no problem for us if this is not enough ,It would mean that there is no place for us on metal-archives but don't put in discussion the reality of our band ,we are full active and productive ,the reviews and the feedback of our followers talks clear : visit our page to see with your eyes
https://www.facebook.com/pages/SG666-KV ... 5641265900
Svpport the real darkness !
Infernal greetings .

+Pesten+

raveneyeslikemirrors
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:10 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Alhadis has all of the information on Uruk-Hai saved, perhaps he could create a page for that information if you ask him nicely.

I still personally really argue that Uruk-Hai, thematicall and culturally, is undoubtedly part of the black metal scene and frankly deserves to be here. I really disagree with your removal of the group, put the most important thing to me is preserving the best existing discography of the band's output. If this user could share this saved information with me, I and my friends could use it to complete his discography on Discogs. Should I send him a PM? Could you let him know that I would really appreciate this info?

raveneyeslikemirrors
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:14 pm 

Fulgurius wrote:
jadkrig wrote:
Hello metalfans ^^

Personally, I think this would have not have been such an issue with Uruk-Hai fans like myself if it was not for that MA had the only possibly complete discography of the project's releases. The only other discography that came close to MA's was the one on Discogs which was missing more than 60% of the actual material on MA. To loose all that is a sever blow to collectors and the band's own availability.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:17 pm 

Just drop Alhadis a line, people. He'll be happy to send you the info.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:31 pm 

raveneyeslikemirrors wrote:
Zodijackyl wrote:

I still personally really argue that Uruk-Hai, thematicall and culturally, is undoubtedly part of the black metal scene and frankly deserves to be here. I really disagree with your removal of the group, put the most important thing to me is preserving the best existing discography of the band's output. If this user could share this saved information with me, I and my friends could use it to complete his discography on Discogs. Should I send him a PM? Could you let him know that I would really appreciate this info?

PM him. And don't forget to mention how important that info is for you, and how handsome and brilliant he is for saving it.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:46 pm 

Pure for my curiosity:
I reviewed the self released new album of the Dutch metal band Eve's Fall for the Dutch metal e-zine Dutch Distortion and I noticed that they have no listing on Metal Archives.
When I tried to add them I got the notification the band has been black listed. What are the reasons for this?

In my humble opinion they are about as metal as earlier Within Temptation (and have about the same potential).
Female Fronted Metal might not be everyone's cup of tea, but this is clearly an exponent of it.
For full info look at the site of the band:

http://www.evesfall.nl/

As you can see on this site you can buy a real copy, as well as downloads, through the bandcamp site.
Secondly, there are snippets of a live radio performance to be found there as well as the first clip of the band.

I hope you can shed some light on this.

STARGATEfan01
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:05 pm 

hey there^^

I was interested in the reason why BabyMetal got blacklisted, its a strange mix, but isnt the Pop outweighted with Metal? Or is it because they only released singles so far? Or just because its obviously to.. i don't know.. untrue, girlish, funny or something.
Whats this blacklist anyway, which band get there, the ones often rejected?
(example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WCD7AxSUyw starting at 40 seconds)
I know its been posted some times an I'll probably get that silly title, but I didn't really find an actual answer to it.

By the way, I wondered why Dir En Grey, even if never to be added, at least isnt an example rather for Prog Metal than VK/J-Rock, as Visual Key happens to be a famous, still rather small part of their career, and it keeps getting smaller... or none at all, since theyre ambiguous even among amiguous, including like everything listed there, what makes them an bad example overall I guess. To quote wiki, since my english got rusty lately: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dir_En_Grey#Musical_style
(example, from latest album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjRU6gaPtS8 )

didn't intend to annoy anyone, only trying to understand the rules better here

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:43 pm 

Eve's Fall: "Female fronted pop-hard rock that's less metal than HB. Seems like there's an intro riff, then the guitars take a break while the vocalist sings in every song."

Dir En Grey: Use the search function, been covered many times.

Babymetal: No.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:31 pm 

I anyone is gonna get the title "The Guy who added babymetal" it shall be me.

@Stargatefan01 I actively follow the band, and really the amount of metal to non-metal songs is 50-50. I talked to Azmo about it and if anything, we have to wait for a full length.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Eve's Fall: "Female fronted pop-hard rock that's less metal than HB. Seems like there's an intro riff, then the guitars take a break while the vocalist sings in every song."

And that is your own quote? Or rather, why the quotation marks?

Let's see, four quotes from reviews in The Netherlands:

“The five of Eve’s Fall have the qualities to become the new Dutch pride in the metal genre.” – 3voor12 Zuid-Holland
“A valuable asset to the rock/metal genre in Holland.” – MusicFromNL
“Catchy, non-pretentious metal. Pop, but then metal.” – Dutch Distortion
"Eve's Fall presents itself as a pop oriented metal band. If they mean to score hits with this, I think their expectations should be adjusted. If they on the other hand do mean to appeal to a wider (also non metal) audience without sounding mainstream or making concessions to the floozies visiting the disco in the weekends, they hit the mark right on." - Zware Metalen

And indeed: the song structures are quite poppy, but in its heart it is metal. It would be strange that four reviewers from different e-zines should all be mistaken. As I said before: even if female fronted metal isn't everyone's cup of tea, this is clearly an exponent of it.

(And I must say myself, I rather think female fronted metal is usually not worth the attention. I finally found a band that isn't pretentious or needlessly complicating the songs. More importantly: Eve's Fall can deliver live, what they promise on record. Which in that genre is more an exception than a rule.)

As last argument: the precursor of this band is actually not different. They even use two songs recorded as a single for that band on this album. That band is on Metal Archives. The main difference is that nowadays they sound more adult.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:01 pm 

That is the blacklist entry, indeed by own quote so I don't know why I put quotation marks around it.

Regarding reviews, they're pretty much irrelevant, we listen to the music and judge it based on that. One of the more significant factors in judging it as not being predominantly metal is that the guitars rest while the vocalist leads, and the guitars don't really riff, rather they're a backing instrument in a pop rock effort. The gender of the vocalist is irrelevant to the judgment, rather the guitars are central, as metal guitar riffs are the primary defining characteristic of metal.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:06 pm 

He was using quotation marks because he was copy+pasting the reason for the band's blacklisting from the blacklist itself.

Now, concerning the opinions of reviewers... that doesn't mean anything. Many reviewers interpret repackaged alternative hard rock (a.k.a., "mallcore") as metal, but that doesn't mean the site's guidelines of metal should bend just because of open-minded reviewers.

Secondly... Dutch Distortion, eh? I designed and built that damn site. :lol: Tell Vivianne I said "hoi". :p

EDIT: Yeah, what Zodijackyl said.

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:30 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Tell Vivianne I said "hoi".

And your name would be?
Because I can say hi from a meaningless nick on the Metal Archives forum. A very thoughtless idea. Or hi from that guy that designed your website... Which is equally uninterested.
(You could PM it though)

---

As to the discussion, to both of you: let's agree to disagree. Any comparison to mallcore makes me want to cry in this respect. There is an entire genre of this metal music, which practically all sounds the same, but you are completely arbitrary as to who enter the archive or not. This suggests a lack of interest in this type of music surpassing even my own... I'm impressed. But in the end it's all a matter of taste and perception. ;)

My regular genres are much more traditional or extreme, and that certainly reflects in what I review.

(Which for me closes the discussion, and I abide by your decision. We could go on forever, but I just wanted to know your motivations to blacklist the band.)

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:40 am 

Man, agreeing to disagree is fine, but taking a parting shot like that is incredibly petty, you know that right?

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:24 am 

crises79 wrote:
Because I can say hi from a meaningless nick on the Metal Archives forum. A very thoughtless idea. Or hi from that guy that designed your website...

She'd recognise me from that nickname anyway dude, especially since we're close friends and I've known her for nearly 8 years now. :lol:

But I digress.

Quote:
Any comparison to mallcore makes me want to cry in this respect.

Yeah, I wasn't comparing the band's sound to mallcore, dude. You're taking my words out of context... I was simply stating that the collective opinions of reviewers don't matter in terms of what we consider metal. Also, please bear in mind that a band's music has to be predominantly metallic (read: NOT simply "metal-influenced") to be accepted. Yes, it can be a little arbitrary with those maddeningly borderline cases, where bands straddle between metal and non-metal influences, but we weigh cases like these carefully. Now in the case of Zodi's judgement, I can't say without listening to the band, but if you want to appeal for the rejection by supplying sufficient song samples, feel free. Please don't bother if the music sounds like Evanescence or Kittie ofzo. :rolleyes:

Quote:
There is an entire genre of this metal music, which practically all sounds the same

... eh? Image

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:28 am 

The entire genre does sound the same to me. (As I said, I'm generally not particulary interested in that genre. I hardly hear the difference between Lacuna Coil or Epica. Except maybe the fact that I actively run away from Epica because of the girl's singing, and that I believe the Lacuna Coil one can actually sing, but she should go for another band...)

I never meant the entire last piece as derogatory to either of you. That's why I posted the smiley. (Yes, I'm always quite cynical, and in humour that doesn't tend to come across on the internet. The medium lacks a certain finesse.)

Nor did I take your comparison out of context, it was your perception of my meaning. So let me clarify. Any and all comparison to mallcore, which I abhor and which you did use with respect to reviewers, makes me cry a little. It certainly stung me a little to be compared by those reviewers calling mallcore metal. My comment had nothing to do with the band or the reason someone blacklisted it.

If you want to try the band, and how metal it is or isn't:

http://evesfall.bandcamp.com/

You can listen to the entire album there. Within its genre I actually think it has potential, wether or not you want it on Metal Archives. And it's a good album in its own right.

ProlificDreamer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:37 am 

The Great Deceiver are blacklisted, but I'm not sure it should be. The music is a little mallcore for my own personal tastes, but the metal influences are there. I personally think it sounds like a more trendy/groovy Dimension Zero. Genre issues aside it features Tomas Lindberg and Kristian Wahlin, which I think gives it some form of significance to the archives, not to mention two of the albums were released on Peaceville which adds a little bit of metal credibility.

What am I missing that's made this band blacklisted? I'd say it's as metal as most modern melodic death metal from Sweden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xH2fSmunf4

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:30 am 

ProlificDreamer wrote:
The Great Deceiver are blacklisted...

For the heinous crime of being metalcore. The unacceptable kind.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

ValleThrasher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:08 pm 

Hi ! The band Assimilator got rejected some days ago, because we couldn't proof that our demo is out physically.
so here is a picture of it : https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 6911_n.jpg
our facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Assimila ... 6780797699
our youtube channel (to proof that we play metal) : http://www.youtube.com/user/AssimilatorOfficial

Hope this is the right tread ! Thanks for the help in advance !

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:28 pm 

Hello, I'm back about Uglor... I finally got ahold of one of the members of Uglor and he sent me rips of Uglor's demos and full length (which is apperently not a bootleg but self released by the band but the bassist was telling everyone it was a bootleg.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7V-b4TPYkc
this video has proof of distribution in the beggining the singer lets everybody know they have cassetes for sale

http://www.mediafire.com/download/85o55 ... 987%29.zip
Here is Uglor's first demo from 1987

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wyk81 ... 988%29.zip
Here is Uglor's second demo form 1988

I deleted the draft because I thought I wouldn't be able to get ahold of the members, can you unblacklist them so I can make a new draft to submit? :)

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:32 pm 

Also he sent me the band that became Uglor when two members got added they changed their name from Warmonger to Uglor. I will be submiting them too

http://www.mediafire.com/?q8355l563aj08qn
Here is the Warmonger demo "What the Fuck?" 1985

ProlificDreamer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:50 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
ProlificDreamer wrote:
The Great Deceiver are blacklisted...

For the heinous crime of being metalcore. The unacceptable kind.

Hahahaha! Albeit true, that metalcore is hideous and unacceptable, having one of the pioneers of melodic death metal in your band, melodic death metal being one of the biggest influences that created metalcore (along with shitty LoG riffs and bad Meshuggah impersonations), and Kristian Wahlin who designed some of the best metal album covers in the history of metal, certainly has to give you more credibility that some of the metalcore bands currently uploaded to MA.

Without At The Gates metalcore probably wouldn't exist (and although that would have been nice, another trend would just have been created and replaced it anyway), so I guess I'm saying that if we're going to accept anyone's metalcore band to the archives, then it should probably be one of the ones which features a member of a band that helped "create" the genre.

I'm not disagreeing that the music is terrible, or that it's metalcore, I'm just saying if we can have Killswitch Engage and Lacuna Coil (both are unmetal as fuck, in my opinion) in the archives, then I think a side project that features prominent members of the original Swedish metal movement, that in turn helped create the genre we're debating, should probably be included.

N.B. - Not that I'm suggesting ATG created metalcore, the same way I don't blame Meshuggah for the creation of djent.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 ... 541  Next