Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lakagigar
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:45 pm 
 

Can we have Blosse whitelisted with this new release?
https://deathkvltproductions.bandcamp.c ... e-tenebris

PaganiusI wrote:
odium wrote:
Was Blosse [Can] blacklisted because it's not metal, or because of lack of physical release? Cause one of the demos was released on tape, as I see:

https://blosse.bandcamp.com/album/era-noire

Blacklisted for being more ambient/noise than metal in April.

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 771
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:05 am 
 

Lakagigar wrote:
Can we have Blosse whitelisted with this new release?
https://deathkvltproductions.bandcamp.c ... e-tenebris

PaganiusI wrote:
odium wrote:
Was Blosse [Can] blacklisted because it's not metal, or because of lack of physical release? Cause one of the demos was released on tape, as I see:

https://blosse.bandcamp.com/album/era-noire

Blacklisted for being more ambient/noise than metal in April.

No. That's still more Noise/Ambient. It's blackened, but there aren't many riffs in there
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
frodin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:27 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:04 pm 
 

Hello,
I was trying to register my band Endolith (Norway), but I get a warning saying it is blacklisted, and I wonder why?

Sincerely, Frode Hofsøy
www.endolith.no

Top
 Profile  
Kjotdukke
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:04 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:00 pm 
 

hey, i would like to appeal the Livpest rejection, the split release i was waiting for has finally come through and id like to update the information and appeal my rejection please.

Top
 Profile  
theworldshallturntoash
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:40 pm
Posts: 6
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:02 pm 
 

I honestly haven't checked yet to see if it's ever been submitted, but would Big Dumb Face be allowed on here now based upon its 2017 album "Where Is Duke Lion? He's Dead..." because that album largely death metal. See:
He Rides the Skies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp23M2mHYJE
Jesus Retreats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt5uuARSVj4
Masters of Chaos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft4NB3rF2UI

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 5694
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:37 pm 
 

Kjotdukke wrote:
hey, i would like to appeal the Livpest rejection, the split release i was waiting for has finally come through and id like to update the information and appeal my rejection please.


It was blacklisted for not being metal like a week ago.
_________________
Man is truly a wretched thing, and the forest is committed to expunging him from existence.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 771
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:28 am 
 

frodin wrote:
Hello,
I was trying to register my band Endolith (Norway), but I get a warning saying it is blacklisted, and I wonder why?

Sincerely, Frode Hofsøy
http://www.endolith.no

Blacklisted in 2013 for being Industrial +Harsh vocals. Anything new?

theworldshallturntoash wrote:
I honestly haven't checked yet to see if it's ever been submitted, but would Big Dumb Face be allowed on here now based upon its 2017 album "Where Is Duke Lion? He's Dead..." because that album largely death metal. See:
He Rides the Skies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp23M2mHYJE
Jesus Retreats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt5uuARSVj4
Masters of Chaos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft4NB3rF2UI

We don't do pre-checks, but the band is blacklisted. The album sounds like weird bullshit/Mallcore mixed with Death and thrash. Judging from the samples it's more on the bullshit/mallcore side of things. Got the full thing?
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
jdavidson28
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:22 pm
Posts: 7
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:28 pm 
 

Long ago the project Stellafera was not accepted due to releases not having enough songs that were metal. A new album has been officially released, and I'd appreciate for anyone to take a listen and consider an acceptance. Thank you for your time.
https://stellaferamusic.bandcamp.com/al ... ing-domain

Top
 Profile  
Midnight Rider
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:07 pm
Posts: 335
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:52 pm 
 

jdavidson28 wrote:
Long ago the project Stellafera was not accepted due to releases not having enough songs that were metal. A new album has been officially released, and I'd appreciate for anyone to take a listen and consider an acceptance. Thank you for your time.
https://stellaferamusic.bandcamp.com/al ... ing-domain

Go ahead and resubmit, please.

Top
 Profile  
RoughfishingBrutality666
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:04 am
Posts: 34
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:58 pm 
 

Is there a chance of whitelisting Shrine of Malice? Seems almost identical to Signs of the Swarm.

Top
 Profile  
Midnight Rider
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:07 pm
Posts: 335
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:23 am 
 

RoughfishingBrutality666 wrote:
Is there a chance of whitelisting Shrine of Malice? Seems almost identical to Signs of the Swarm.

Sorry, two mods concluded it was too much on the -core side of Deathcore. I agree with their judgement.

Blacklist stays.

Top
 Profile  
Sephiroth Music
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:57 am
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:51 am 
 

Heavy new year!

I just wanted to add my band Sephiroth (Germany) to the MA when the side informed me, that this Band(name) is blacklisted.

2 years ago I was trying to add this band, when it was rejeced because the album was all about coversongs - ok. But as far as I am informed that is/was no reason for a permanently ban (I guess I read about a second try for putting a band here if the first one was rejected)

So, is this an error and will I be able to add (or at least submit) my band on the MA any time soon?

Thanks in advance!

Top
 Profile  
Midnight Rider
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:07 pm
Posts: 335
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:59 am 
 

Sephiroth Music wrote:
Heavy new year!

I just wanted to add my band Sephiroth (Germany) to the MA when the side informed me, that this Band(name) is blacklisted.

2 years ago I was trying to add this band, when it was rejeced because the album was all about coversongs - ok. But as far as I am informed that is/was no reason for a permanently ban (I guess I read about a second try for putting a band here if the first one was rejected)

So, is this an error and will I be able to add (or at least submit) my band on the MA any time soon?

Thanks in advance!

Go ahead and re-submit Sephiroth into the queue including the new album.

Top
 Profile  
NorseDave
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 11:39 am
Posts: 39
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:50 am 
 

Bachstein wrote:
NorseDave wrote:
Hi guys, I was searching for the band The Convalescence and I was surprised when I noticed they're blacklisted. I've looked in the topic, and one user asked about that band some years ago (2014). I don't know about their previous albums, but I think that their last, released in 2017 by Unique Leader is Deathcore way more on the Metal side than the core side. I usually totally agree with your decisions about borderline bands, but maybe this time this band needs to be reconsidered.

Here's the latest album: https://uniqueleaderrecords.bandcamp.co ... is-is-hell


It's good that you brought it up, I totally agree with you.


Hi guys, I propose again the evaluation of that band, The Convalescence, considering no mods gave an opinion about that. What do you think guys?

Plus, I would like that you mods could please reconsider the Depressive Black Metal band The Well-Wisher fron Finland. I know that many Depressive Illusions bands are way too much borderline, and I generally agree with your decisions, but I think thta this time this project is worth to be accepted in the archive. Just listen to their latest album: https://dir666.bandcamp.com/album/the-colours-fade

Thanx, good work
Dave

Top
 Profile  
Midnight Rider
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:07 pm
Posts: 335
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:11 am 
 

NorseDave wrote:
Here's the latest album: https://uniqueleaderrecords.bandcamp.co ... is-is-hell

Hi guys, I propose again the evaluation of that band, The Convalescence, considering no mods gave an opinion about that. What do you think guys?

Granted, there's some modern DM on this, albeit it's pretty damn borderline. Let's see what happens, ok?

Please submit.

Top
 Profile  
EzraBlumenfeld
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:50 pm
Posts: 274
Location: Land of No Return
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:00 am 
 

Why was Buried Above Ground blacklisted?
_________________
MisanthropicEvil wrote:
This album reeled me in with it's eye-catching album cover but vomited a whole load of musical diarrhea in my face as soon as I started listening! I would not even use this album to wipe my butt.


Last.fm
Listen to my band's new album!

Top
 Profile  
Midnight Rider
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:07 pm
Posts: 335
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:02 am 
 

EzraBlumenfeld wrote:
Why was Buried Above Ground blacklisted?

"Riffless Deathcore" (Sept/2017).

Top
 Profile  
frodin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:27 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:08 am 
 

PaganiusI wrote:
frodin wrote:
Hello,
I was trying to register my band Endolith (Norway), but I get a warning saying it is blacklisted, and I wonder why?

Sincerely, Frode Hofsøy
http://www.endolith.no

Blacklisted in 2013 for being Industrial +Harsh vocals. Anything new?

Hi,
We released our debut full-length Voyager in 2016, which No Clean Singing reviewed as "fantastic" and "metal" here: https://www.nocleansinging.com/2017/07/ ... -endolith/

available as streaming and download at all major streaming services and downloadable on iTunes/Amazon etc:
https://open.spotify.com/artist/45nOk734XEGy9i2SRycMQ6
https://itunes.apple.com/no/album/voyager/1185093579
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_srch_d ... ch-type=ss

We also did a video for the song Old as Cancer from Voyager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QsBJpIkkyo
And for the song Ichthys from our coming album Chicxulub - The Fossil Record: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILi24Wqw9KA
We also have a 7" which we only sell at our live shows, picture here: https://www.facebook.com/endolith/photo ... =3&theater

I hope this will suffice.

Best regards, Frode, Endolith

Top
 Profile  
Sephiroth Music
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:57 am
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:05 pm 
 

Midnight Rider wrote:
Sephiroth Music wrote:
Heavy new year!

I just wanted to add my band Sephiroth (Germany) to the MA when the side informed me, that this Band(name) is blacklisted.

2 years ago I was trying to add this band, when it was rejeced because the album was all about coversongs - ok. But as far as I am informed that is/was no reason for a permanently ban (I guess I read about a second try for putting a band here if the first one was rejected)

So, is this an error and will I be able to add (or at least submit) my band on the MA any time soon?

Thanks in advance!

Go ahead and re-submit Sephiroth into the queue including the new album.


Thanks for your fast answer!

Top
 Profile  
fatrolf
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:26 pm
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:58 pm 
 

Hi! I just submitted the band "Annabel Lee" last night and accidentally included their Facebook page (which has links to songs, not their EP), when I should have included this direct link to their iTunes page, where you can download their EP.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/divid ... 1399553749

If this isn't enough, no biggie! I'm still super new at this, so I definitely don't want to be a bother!

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 771
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:45 pm 
 

fatrolf wrote:
Hi! I just submitted the band "Annabel Lee" last night and accidentally included their Facebook page (which has links to songs, not their EP), when I should have included this direct link to their iTunes page, where you can download their EP.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/divid ... 1399553749

If this isn't enough, no biggie! I'm still super new at this, so I definitely don't want to be a bother!

There's no such band in the queue and it hasn't been rejected yet? Are you sure it's not still in your drafts? If so, include those link and then submit it ;)
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
fatrolf
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:26 pm
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:28 pm 
 

PaganiusI wrote:
There's no such band in the queue and it hasn't been rejected yet? Are you sure it's not still in your drafts? If so, include those link and then submit it ;)


Hi! That confused me, too! I submitted them last night, this morning I got an email that said they were rejected because they didn't have an official release (I had included the FB link, which doesn't have a link to the EP). I posted in this board, and then noticed the band was back in my drafts. It even said "denied" in my cue this morning, so I assumed that was some sort of administrative thing. I'll re-submit!

Top
 Profile  
joecubbie
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:03 pm
Posts: 82
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:19 pm 
 

Why is Talas blacklisted? While their debut is hard rock, Sink Your Teeth into That (1982) sounds like heavy metal/hard rock.
https://youtu.be/H6qt1f3-a9o

Top
 Profile  
posesionmetal
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:30 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Colombia
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:17 pm 
 

Hello my band, posesión is in the black list by send twice the propose without an album, now we have it and have the proofs.
please get out the band from blacklist

https://www.facebook.com/PosesionCol/videos/2622879641063099/

Top
 Profile  
jlopez47
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:14 pm
Posts: 1
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:39 am 
 

landon wrote:
fvnerals - blacklisted. why.

https://fvnerals.bandcamp.com/

thanks.

Maybe because of the sweet sweet femal vocals on it. It's clearly Black/Funeral Doom. It deserves to be on the EM.

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 771
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:34 am 
 

posesionmetal wrote:
Hello my band, posesión is in the black list by send twice the propose without an album, now we have it and have the proofs.
please get out the band from blacklist

https://www.facebook.com/PosesionCol/videos/2622879641063099/

not on the blacklist...just submit. Nevermind, someone added them already..

jlopez47 wrote:
landon wrote:
fvnerals - blacklisted. why.

https://fvnerals.bandcamp.com/

thanks.

Maybe because of the sweet sweet femal vocals on it. It's clearly Black/Funeral Doom. It deserves to be on the EM.

YES, we simply hate females, obviously. Jokes aside, they were blacklisted for being "depressive Shoegaze" and not really a metal band. There's not much metal on their releases...playing slow and a bit heavy doesn't make you doom and having fuzzy guitars doesn't make you black.
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
MRLONGD69
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:15 am
Posts: 2
Location: Romania
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:29 am 
 

I don't get it at all ! Why don't you let me put my band on this website ? I gave you link to everything ! Why is blacklisted and don't understand what i did wrong ......

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 771
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 am 
 

MRLONGD69 wrote:
I don't get it at all ! Why don't you let me put my band on this website ? I gave you link to everything ! Why is blacklisted and don't understand what i did wrong ......

Which band?
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
MRLONGD69
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:15 am
Posts: 2
Location: Romania
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:09 pm 
 

Naamah , from Romania . I know i did some things wrong last year because I did not give link to the official release and a ,,fake photo'', which , by the way wasn't fake :))))) . That's why i'm blacklisted ? Please , i understand that , but now i gave you everything you need , please unblacklist me , I really want to add my band to this website .

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 40
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:07 pm 
 

So, as you might tell from my rank, I am relatively new to the Encyclopedia. I've made a couple reviews and am working on a couple band submissions, and in the process of doing so and reading the rules for the first time, I was very glad to see that you reject all bands that are simply labeled as metal but are actually core trash/nu metal/whatever. However, I was surprised to see that you had blacklisted Rammstein, even going so far as to putting a description under industrial metal: "If it sounds like Rammstein or Nine Inch Nails, forget it." As a Rammstein fan, I was actually rather offended by this. I mean, it sounds like you are implying that Rammstein is one of those pussy Breaking Benjamin-like bands that edgy teens listen to. I, for one, think that Rammstein DOES qualify as metal. I like to think of Neue Deutsche Harte as "industrial groove metal", not like metalcore or alt-metal, like it seems like you may be doing. I am not saying I want to submit Rammstein as a band. If you have it set in stone that Neue Deutsche Harte is not an acceptable subgenre, then I will accept that. I just want to know why you would call them out specifically and thus imply that they're mallcore trash (like everything else you say doesn't fly). Because they're at the front of Neue Deutsche Harte (which many refer to as industrial metal), maybe? Nine Inch Nails was never an industrial metal band. I always classified them as more industrial rock/EBM. It makes total sense why their kind of music wouldn't be allowed. But Rammstein? Really? They are by all definitions an actual metal band. Yes, they have predictable song structures and generic chugging that's characteristic of bands like 5FDP (thank you for not allowing them on here) but they don't specifically try and appeal to edgy teens by dumbing stuff down and using edgy/emo lyric themes. They just have a style. Again, I'm not saying I want to submit them as a band (although I might ask you to remove the word "Rammstein" from your rules list), I just want to know why you'd call them out specifically.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 5894
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:42 pm 
 

PaganiusI wrote:
MRLONGD69 wrote:
I don't get it at all ! Why don't you let me put my band on this website ? I gave you link to everything ! Why is blacklisted and don't understand what i did wrong ......

Which band?


I he means this Naamah from Romania, then they have only a digital single on Bandcamp and no valid releases yet. Please see here: https://naamah200276.bandcamp.com/
I also think, that I have recently seen a band submitted as -Naamah- from Romania in the queue, which was promtly, within one day, rejected by a moderator. Whoever rejected that band should probably know more details.

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 771
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:19 pm 
 

Witcher wrote:
PaganiusI wrote:
MRLONGD69 wrote:
I don't get it at all ! Why don't you let me put my band on this website ? I gave you link to everything ! Why is blacklisted and don't understand what i did wrong ......

Which band?


I he means this Naamah from Romania, then they have only a digital single on Bandcamp and no valid releases yet. Please see here: https://naamah200276.bandcamp.com/
I also think, that I have recently seen a band submitted as -Naamah- from Romania in the queue, which was promtly, within one day, rejected by a moderator. Whoever rejected that band should probably know more details.

Yes, he responded. Simple case of blacklist evasion and ban evasion. He got banned again
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 771
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:50 pm 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
So, as you might tell from my rank, I am relatively new to the Encyclopedia. I've made a couple reviews and am working on a couple band submissions, and in the process of doing so and reading the rules for the first time, I was very glad to see that you reject all bands that are simply labeled as metal but are actually core trash/nu metal/whatever. However, I was surprised to see that you had blacklisted Rammstein, even going so far as to putting a description under industrial metal: "If it sounds like Rammstein or Nine Inch Nails, forget it." As a Rammstein fan, I was actually rather offended by this. I mean, it sounds like you are implying that Rammstein is one of those pussy Breaking Benjamin-like bands that edgy teens listen to. I, for one, think that Rammstein DOES qualify as metal. I like to think of Neue Deutsche Harte as "industrial groove metal", not like metalcore or alt-metal, like it seems like you may be doing. I am not saying I want to submit Rammstein as a band. If you have it set in stone that Neue Deutsche Harte is not an acceptable subgenre, then I will accept that. I just want to know why you would call them out specifically and thus imply that they're mallcore trash (like everything else you say doesn't fly). Because they're at the front of Neue Deutsche Harte (which many refer to as industrial metal), maybe? Nine Inch Nails was never an industrial metal band. I always classified them as more industrial rock/EBM. It makes total sense why their kind of music wouldn't be allowed. But Rammstein? Really? They are by all definitions an actual metal band. Yes, they have predictable song structures and generic chugging that's characteristic of bands like 5FDP (thank you for not allowing them on here) but they don't specifically try and appeal to edgy teens by dumbing stuff down and using edgy/emo lyric themes. They just have a style. Again, I'm not saying I want to submit them as a band (although I might ask you to remove the word "Rammstein" from your rules list), I just want to know why you'd call them out specifically.

Oh boy, where to start? First off, thinking your approach to its unavoidable conclusion, bands like ACDC or artists like Elvis are Core crap because they are not acceptable to our database? Keep in mind that we don't exclude mallcore because it's mallcore,but because they don't have metal riffs and while Rammstein (an NDH in general) is nothing like Mallcore/core, they do have one thing in comon: Most of the bands in both fields are usually not predominantly based in metal and that's exactly the case with Rammstein. While they do have some spare metal riffing spreadout throughout their discography, the majority is heavy Industrial Rock (with alt rock influences) at best. The band was chosen as an example of unacceptable "industrial metal" because they are well known all over the world and are a really good example for "industrial metal" that isn't actually metal.
It's nice of you to think that NDH is more like Industrial Groove metal than Mallcore/Alt Rock, but looking at the genre's origins, that's not quite the case. It evolved from actual Industrial Metal (Ministy and the likes) mixed with "groove metal" (which is often used to label heavier mallcore) and Alt Rock. As for entrance to the archives, the genre tends to lean more towards groovy alt-rock in a heavy/industrial setting, really. Anyway, Rammstein have been discussed billions of times. Get over it. We're just a website...
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 2720
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:49 pm 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
As a Rammstein fan, I was actually rather offended by this.

Das löl.
_________________
Uncolored, commenting on Erosion of Humanity's allergies wrote:
Your house in Chicago is possessed by Unholy Virus
PhilosophicalFrog, making accurate statements as usual, wrote:
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Top
 Profile  
theworldshallturntoash
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:40 pm
Posts: 6
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:44 pm 
 

PaganiusI wrote:
We don't do pre-checks, but the band is blacklisted. The album sounds like weird bullshit/Mallcore mixed with Death and thrash. Judging from the samples it's more on the bullshit/mallcore side of things. Got the full thing?

Well here's the entire album on one YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcngN5r948I

Top
 Profile  
Kjotdukke
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:04 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:43 pm 
 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Kjotdukke wrote:
hey, i would like to appeal the Livpest rejection, the split release i was waiting for has finally come through and id like to update the information and appeal my rejection please.


It was blacklisted for not being metal like a week ago.


it had to have been a mistake, i dont know what else i could possibly be.
proof of release & proof of being Metal.
https://extinctionistrecords.wordpress. ... ning-2018/

Top
 Profile  
Kennermahn
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:36 am
Posts: 10
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:41 am 
 

Greetings
I believe the band Haggus should be whitelisted based on their latest split, the sound is pretty "metallic" especially in the songs "Gore and Filth" and "Armed and Mincing".

https://haggus.bandcamp.com/album/orkpack-split-cs

Thanks

Top
 Profile  
balbulus
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:01 pm
Posts: 1029
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:28 am 
 

balbulus wrote:
Jesus Fix (UK) has been rejected a couple of times in the past for being more rock than metal. The new album "Vainglorious" has a bit more of a metal feel, would someone be able to give it a quick listen to see if it qualifies? Thanks in advance.

https://jesusfix.bandcamp.com/album/vainglorious


Has anyone had a chance to consider this query from a few pages back?
_________________
‎"Suddenly, life has new meaning..."

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 771
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:35 am 
 

theworldshallturntoash wrote:
PaganiusI wrote:
We don't do pre-checks, but the band is blacklisted. The album sounds like weird bullshit/Mallcore mixed with Death and thrash. Judging from the samples it's more on the bullshit/mallcore side of things. Got the full thing?

Well here's the entire album on one YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcngN5r948I

Still too inconsistent.

Kjotdukke wrote:
it had to have been a mistake, i dont know what else i could possibly be.
proof of release & proof of being Metal.
https://extinctionistrecords.wordpress. ... ning-2018/

Blacklisted after listening to the first song, it seems. Whitelisted.

Kennermahn wrote:
Greetings
I believe the band Haggus should be whitelisted based on their latest split, the sound is pretty "metallic" especially in the songs "Gore and Filth" and "Armed and Mincing".

https://haggus.bandcamp.com/album/orkpack-split-cs

Thanks

One split isn't going to outweight their back catalogue and isn't quite enough on it's own.

balbulus wrote:
balbulus wrote:
Jesus Fix (UK) has been rejected a couple of times in the past for being more rock than metal. The new album "Vainglorious" has a bit more of a metal feel, would someone be able to give it a quick listen to see if it qualifies? Thanks in advance.

https://jesusfix.bandcamp.com/album/vainglorious


Has anyone had a chance to consider this query from a few pages back?

mhmm...whitelisted
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
sunsetlight
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:44 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:23 am 
 

Hi. The band Omniscience ( https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Om ... 3540448720 ) was rejected with the argument "too ambient than metal". Please, check out the link bellow, about the new song.

https://omniscience-eabm.bandcamp.com/a ... est-single

The pics of the physical releases:

THE COMING OF IONA (single):

https://scontent.fpoo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5C8D0739

https://scontent.fpoo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5CC9E9B1

https://scontent.fpoo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5CD5C28F

https://scontent.fpoo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5CC2D486

THROUGH THE FOREST (Single)

https://scontent.fpoo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5C9641C9

https://scontent.fpoo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5C9076E1

https://scontent.fpoo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5C8E5263

https://scontent.fpoo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5CD0B4E3

https://scontent.fpoo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5CC8A5D0

https://scontent.fpoo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5CC4A6DA

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 521, 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527 ... 541  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group