Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Storm of the Light's Bane
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:16 pm
Posts: 588
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:14 pm 
 

EzraBlumenfeld wrote:

No, still mainly sounds like what got them blacklisted.
_________________
BlackheartSauron wrote:
Whatever. I don't care if you include that band actually - I already know you won't and no amount of discussion can influence your decision, because you're closed to any information/opinions of others - you just don't have an open mind.

Top
 Profile  
joecubbie
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:03 pm
Posts: 54
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:27 am 
 

Why is Gloryhole Guillotine blacklisted? They released an EP this year that sounds like death metal/grindcore.
https://gloryholeguillotine.bandcamp.com/album/truncate

Top
 Profile  
Emperor Ragnar
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:48 am
Posts: 2
Location: Slovakia
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:34 pm 
 

Hi, first i'm sorry for adding band without proof of CD released. Now when it is out and i added links to bandcamp, facebook link with photos of discs and link to the seller would it be possible to add us / remov from blacklist ? Frozend Blood ( Slovakia )

Top
 Profile  
ᴎostalgiʞK
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:27 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:48 pm 
 

Hi there folks!
I saw that Pigskinner is blacklisted, I found no posts about this
https://pigskinner.bandcamp.com/album/t ... e-sessions
May last album allow a revaluation? Give it a shot pals :)
_________________
    -||Darkness, melancholy and nostalgic ruins remain near a desolated galaxy||-

B l a c k M e t a l <> is da milk of ma meal

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:02 pm 
 

joecubbie wrote:
Why is Gloryhole Guillotine blacklisted? They released an EP this year that sounds like death metal/grindcore.
https://gloryholeguillotine.bandcamp.com/album/truncate

Whitelisted.

Emperor Ragnar wrote:
Hi, first i'm sorry for adding band without proof of CD released. Now when it is out and i added links to bandcamp, facebook link with photos of discs and link to the seller would it be possible to add us / remov from blacklist ? Frozend Blood ( Slovakia )

[EDIT:]Yes

ᴎostalgiʞK wrote:
Hi there folks!
I saw that Pigskinner is blacklisted, I found no posts about this
https://pigskinner.bandcamp.com/album/t ... e-sessions
May last album allow a revaluation? Give it a shot pals :)

Still too punk-based.
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
Antioch
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1251
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:13 pm 
 

Frozen Blood, Pag. It's blacklisted, I asked yesterday, but it wouldn't bother me if he submitted it.
_________________
❝I ᴡɪʟʟ sʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇᴀʀ ɪɴ ᴀ ʜᴀɴᴅғᴜʟ ᴏғ ᴅᴜsᴛ.❞
Iᴛᴇᴍs ғᴏʀ ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴏʀ sᴀʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴄᴀsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛᴇᴅ.

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:16 pm 
 

Antioch wrote:
Frozen Blood, Pag. It's blacklisted, I asked yesterday, but it wouldn't bother me if he submitted it.

Oh you mean FROZEN BLOOD. Copy-paste fooled me.
Go ahead and submit. You asked first :D
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
Antioch
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1251
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:21 pm 
 

Cheers, Pag. Let Ragnar submit, buddy. He's a band member. Surely it means to him more.
_________________
❝I ᴡɪʟʟ sʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇᴀʀ ɪɴ ᴀ ʜᴀɴᴅғᴜʟ ᴏғ ᴅᴜsᴛ.❞
Iᴛᴇᴍs ғᴏʀ ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴏʀ sᴀʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴄᴀsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛᴇᴅ.

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm 
 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If you say so.
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
Emperor Ragnar
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:48 am
Posts: 2
Location: Slovakia
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:43 pm 
 

https://www.slovakmetalarmy.sk/produkt/ ... -blood-cd/ - link from seller

https://www.facebook.com/FrozenBloodBan ... ed_comment this is the link from our facebook side with photos of CD s.
The bandcamp is bit slow, our label has lot of work.

Top
 Profile  
Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Posts: 1150
Location: R'lyeh
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:01 pm 
 

I understand Black Magick SS was blacklisted on account of their earlier material being too psychedelic and lacking Metal, but has anyone heard their last couple releases?

"Kaleidoscope Dreams" might qualify as it has much more Metal influences than previous releases:
Youtube: show


"Spectral Ecstasy"
Youtube: show


For the sake of completeness, here's the "Hidden in Plain Sight" EP

Is any of it sufficiently Metal or do the Psychedelic / Occult Rock aspects outweigh the Metal? Also asking to take those albums into account within the entirety of Black Magick SS's discography which is equally important.
_________________
My Wanted List

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
Big Beautiful Frenchman

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 11717
Location: In the Rectory
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:17 pm 
 

Muhammadabbadabba wrote:
I understand Black Magick SS was blacklisted on account of their earlier material being too psychedelic and lacking Metal, but has anyone heard their last couple releases?

"Kaleidoscope Dreams" might qualify as it has much more Metal influences than previous releases:
Youtube: show


"Spectral Ecstasy"
Youtube: show


For the sake of completeness, here's the "Hidden in Plain Sight" EP

Is any of it sufficiently Metal or do the Psychedelic / Occult Rock aspects outweigh the Metal? Also asking to take those albums into account within the entirety of Black Magick SS's discography which is equally important.

I always liked Black Magick SS but I think that they don't have enough riffs to qualify as metal, it's not the prevalent thing in their sound. I checked all their albums since, well, they're cool.
_________________
raspberrysoda wrote:
well... nazi = national socialist. since when is socialism right wing?

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd

Top
 Profile  
ethanthedrummer
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Posts: 9
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:03 pm 
 

Basura (USA) is blacklisted, sounds pretty deathgrindy to me
https://basuragrind.bandcamp.com/

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6213
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:23 am 
 

Witcher wrote:
my post from the last week and previous page was overlooked, so here it is again. My submission of The heavy metal band Spellbound from Jönköping was rjected with demands for proofs of distribution. I have actually included a link to the eentry for the band and their demo cassette at FWOSHM, which is managed by Janne Stark form Overdrive and is a very trustful source. The eentry includes the info about format and the scan of hand drawn cover of the demo. Plesase see here: https://www.fwoshm.com/index/S/1487-spe ... al-maniacs
my ququestion: Why is this not an adequate proof and which proof I am supposed to give about a band, which is split-up since 1984 and you can't find their rleases in an online webstore?

Samples:
https://www.youtube.com/user/66TGE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5MyV8UvLUo

Top
 Profile  
Bachstein
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:49 am
Posts: 73
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:38 am 
 

Hi mods,

Why was 虚极 (Bliss-Illusion) from Bejing blacklisted?

http://bliss-illusion.bandcamp.com/releases

Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Brazildonesia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:07 pm 
 

Bachstein wrote:
Hi mods,

Why was 虚极 (Bliss-Illusion) from Bejing blacklisted?

http://bliss-illusion.bandcamp.com/releases


Was blacklisted based on the previous EP for being mostly atmospheric folk stuff. I'll whitelist this, as it sounds more metallic (though not much, at first listen).
_________________
POZERKILLER wrote:
damn I think ive already heard everything

Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Brazildonesia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:08 pm 
 

ethanthedrummer wrote:
Basura (USA) is blacklisted, sounds pretty deathgrindy to me
https://basuragrind.bandcamp.com/


Was blacklisted based off of the 2015 demo tracks. These sound more metallic, but pretty rough. Go ahead and submit. We'll make our decision once it's in the queue.
_________________
POZERKILLER wrote:
damn I think ive already heard everything

Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 1962
Location: Brazildonesia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:12 pm 
 

Witcher wrote:
Witcher wrote:
my post from the last week and previous page was overlooked, so here it is again. My submission of The heavy metal band Spellbound from Jönköping was rjected with demands for proofs of distribution. I have actually included a link to the eentry for the band and their demo cassette at FWOSHM, which is managed by Janne Stark form Overdrive and is a very trustful source. The eentry includes the info about format and the scan of hand drawn cover of the demo. Plesase see here: https://www.fwoshm.com/index/S/1487-spe ... al-maniacs
my ququestion: Why is this not an adequate proof and which proof I am supposed to give about a band, which is split-up since 1984 and you can't find their rleases in an online webstore?

Samples:
https://www.youtube.com/user/66TGE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5MyV8UvLUo


We decided that a post from a random blog with only a sketchy looking cover doesn't prove that it was actually publicly available for purchase or distribution. Especially given that there is no sale history provided with it. This might be one for the Band Research Thread.
_________________
POZERKILLER wrote:
damn I think ive already heard everything

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6213
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:44 pm 
 

First of aall, it is not a random blog, but an internet eencyclopaedia of Swedish heavy metal and hard rock, which was created and is maintained by the Overdrive guitarist Janne Stark, a very respectable person with a deep knowledge of Swedish metal scene. His info is usually pretty accurate. Secondly, I have already posted it in the band research thread to very sad results, only to learn from a user, who has kindly tried to help me, that the only member of the band with a presence on the internet does not react on Questions. I could wait about ten years in that manner.. probably to same results. Please see: http://www.fwoshm.com/index/S/1089-spel ... spellbound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N02mzqiLdT4
As for relevancy of the source, please see here: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5 ... anne_Stark
http://bravewords.com/news/the-heaviest ... metal-ever
As for the " Band research" thread, see here: https://www.metal-archives.com/board/vi ... 5#p2815535


In fact, I was quite active in that thread the last four days, two bands were submitted based on the info I have provided and I have found relevant info for about 15 bands. I only mention it because to show, that I can recognize an relevant source, when it comes to it and and that do not expect to plead for something and give nnothing, no work in return.

Top
 Profile  
blackfuneral
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 15
Location: El Salvador
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:32 pm 
 

Hey Admins, can you guys review blacklisting for Humanicidal blasphemoterror from El Salvador?

https://humanicidalblasphemoterror.bandcamp.com/

Image

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Veteran

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 3085
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:12 pm 
 

blackfuneral wrote:
Hey Admins, can you guys review blacklisting for Humanicidal blasphemoterror from El Salvador?

https://humanicidalblasphemoterror.bandcamp.com/

Image

This is mostly noisegrind with no metal riffs.
_________________
GLASS SHRINE - mellow major-key black metal
THE OUTER RIM - genre-fuck exquisite corpse avant-garde metal

Top
 Profile  
Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Posts: 1150
Location: R'lyeh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:33 am 
 

SF01 wrote:
1999's "What Have You Done to the Cause?" is pure metal, I say it's a mandatory listen as this falls into "at least one metal album" guideline. Musically I'd say it sound a bit similar to Pantera.
I know I had petitioned against Konkwista 88 in 2013, but at that time, I hadn't laid ears on "What Have You Done to the Cause?" / "Co zrobiłeś dla sprawy?". I'm not sure if other moderators have answered this, but that album is somewhere between Hardcore and Groove Metal.

The follow up "Break the Chains" is much groovier and thrashier which definitely would be worth assessing. How it fits into their broader discography would be up to your discretion, of course. The last album "Bend Their Rule" is similar.

"What Have You Done to the Cause?" / "Co zrobiłeś dla sprawy?"
"Break the Chains"
_________________
My Wanted List

Top
 Profile  
deathrashingdeath
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:17 am
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:16 pm 
 

Hello, I am trying to resubmit my band's page(Plague-USA thrash metal from Petaluma, Ca) and it says the page has been blacklisted because it had been denied for sounding too punk.. Can it be reviewed again? We just released a new demo and this one sounds more metal.
Here's a link to one of the songs..thanks
https://plaguethrash.bandcamp.com/track ... cers-curse

Top
 Profile  
Midnight Rider
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:07 pm
Posts: 245
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:21 pm 
 

deathrashingdeath wrote:
Hello, I am trying to resubmit my band's page(Plague-USA thrash metal from Petaluma, Ca) and it says the page has been blacklisted because it had been denied for sounding too punk.. Can it be reviewed again? We just released a new demo and this one sounds more metal.
Here's a link to one of the songs..thanks
https://plaguethrash.bandcamp.com/track ... cers-curse

Go ahead.

Top
 Profile  
ForeverBlackened
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:54 am
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:03 am 
 

I went to look up NOISM, a tech-death/speedcore band that was essentially speedcore with technical death metal elements, and was somewhat surprised to see that it was deleted from the archives.

I am not asking for the band to be reinstated; I agree with its removal. At best it is speedcore with tech-death tidbits.

I was just curious as to the reasoning behind it being removed, being the curious little weirdo I am. I found the record (Plus-Minus) to be obnoxious and essentially unmusical to the point of hurting my ears. The tech-death influence seemed to be restricted to the guitar-ish sounds constantly whizzing in and out of my ears.

I am going to assume that you guys discovered that the guitars were in fact guitar synths. No human could ever play that fast and it sounded quite fake anyways. While it seemed to be a decent effort, as the music is ridiculously complex and unaccessible, it is definitely NOT metal in practically any way.

So what is the exact reason it was removed?

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 2581
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:18 am 
 

ForeverBlackened wrote:
I went to look up NOISM, a tech-death/speedcore band that was essentially speedcore with technical death metal elements, and was somewhat surprised to see that it was deleted from the archives.

I am not asking for the band to be reinstated; I agree with its removal. At best it is speedcore with tech-death tidbits.

I was just curious as to the reasoning behind it being removed, being the curious little weirdo I am. I found the record (Plus-Minus) to be obnoxious and essentially unmusical to the point of hurting my ears. The tech-death influence seemed to be restricted to the guitar-ish sounds constantly whizzing in and out of my ears.

I am going to assume that you guys discovered that the guitars were in fact guitar synths. No human could ever play that fast and it sounded quite fake anyways. While it seemed to be a decent effort, as the music is ridiculously complex and unaccessible, it is definitely NOT metal in practically any way.

So what is the exact reason it was removed?

Deleted for being mostly riffless speedcore/grind.
_________________
Uncolored, commenting on Erosion of Humanity's allergies wrote:
Your house in Chicago is possessed by Unholy Virus
PhilosophicalFrog, making accurate statements as usual, wrote:
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Top
 Profile  
Like_Rats
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:51 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Turkey
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:36 am 
 

Hello,

Japanese industrial/sludge metal band Oozepus appears to be blacklisted; they play a heavy, monolithic industrial/sludge/doom metal that is pretty similar to Godflesh, Skin Chamber and early Pitchshifter. (They also feature two members of the Japanese death/doom act, Coffins.) The blacklist appears to be contested back in 2016, but they did not have any suitable releases back then. Since then, they've released two EP's in physical formats.

https://transylvaniantapes.bandcamp.com/album/lypemania

https://malignantrecs.bandcamp.com/album/your-limit

Is a re-submission to the queue possible? Thank you.

Top
 Profile  
ForeverBlackened
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:54 am
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:59 am 
 

OpsiusCato wrote:
ForeverBlackened wrote:
I went to look up NOISM, a tech-death/speedcore band that was essentially speedcore with technical death metal elements, and was somewhat surprised to see that it was deleted from the archives.

I am not asking for the band to be reinstated; I agree with its removal. At best it is speedcore with tech-death tidbits.

I was just curious as to the reasoning behind it being removed, being the curious little weirdo I am. I found the record (Plus-Minus) to be obnoxious and essentially unmusical to the point of hurting my ears. The tech-death influence seemed to be restricted to the guitar-ish sounds constantly whizzing in and out of my ears.

I am going to assume that you guys discovered that the guitars were in fact guitar synths. No human could ever play that fast and it sounded quite fake anyways. While it seemed to be a decent effort, as the music is ridiculously complex and unaccessible, it is definitely NOT metal in practically any way.

So what is the exact reason it was removed?

Deleted for being mostly riffless speedcore/grind.


Thank you for the response. :-D

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 9710
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:06 am 
 

OpsiusCato is of course correct, but I would just like to point out that
ForeverBlackened wrote:
I am going to assume that you guys discovered that the guitars were in fact guitar synths.
would not be an issue in itself. Artificial/unorthodox means to create riffs are not disallowed by our definition of metal. It's the lack of actual riff structuring that was the problem with NOISM.
_________________
Da Däéfö schlåft nèd. || Last.fm | Discogs | Goodreads | BOINC

No cat food and a toe knife out the window?! I mean, what am I doin'? Puttin' on airs because I got company?

Top
 Profile  
Bachstein
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:49 am
Posts: 73
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:27 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
OpsiusCato is of course correct, but I would just like to point out that
ForeverBlackened wrote:
I am going to assume that you guys discovered that the guitars were in fact guitar synths.
would not be an issue in itself. Artificial/unorthodox means to create riffs are not disallowed by our definition of metal. It's the lack of actual riff structuring that was the problem with NOISM.


A good example for that is Master Boot Record, which is presented on the site. Everything is synthesized, but still, there are riffs.

Top
 Profile  
ForeverBlackened
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:54 am
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:43 pm 
 

Bachstein wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
OpsiusCato is of course correct, but I would just like to point out that [ForeverBlackened]I am going to assume that you guys discovered that the guitars were in fact guitar synths.[End quote.] would not be an issue in itself. Artificial/unorthodox means to create riffs are not disallowed by our definition of metal. It's the lack of actual riff structuring that was the problem with NOISM.


A good example for that is Master Boot Record, which is presented on the site. Everything is synthesized, but still, there are riffs.


Awesome. I did not know that. I used to make synthetic metal through FL Studio and I think, if I would have digitally sold it, it would have been approved to the Metal Archives. (Post-black metal mostly, with some doom, death metal, and grindcore on the side.) I prefer EDM now though.

Top
 Profile  
KarinCrosay
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:38 pm
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:36 pm 
 

Hi, I m trying to create a record about Enemy Inside from Germany (http://www.enemy-inside.com/), but I receive the message that it is blacklisted(!) I do not htink that this band was ever register in metal archives. I would appreciate to know what is the reason for it. Thank you in advance. Karin

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 12538
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:35 am 
 

deathrashingdeath wrote:
Hello, I am trying to resubmit my band's page(Plague-USA thrash metal from Petaluma, Ca) and it says the page has been blacklisted because it had been denied for sounding too punk.. Can it be reviewed again? We just released a new demo and this one sounds more metal.
Here's a link to one of the songs..thanks
https://plaguethrash.bandcamp.com/track ... cers-curse

The rejection was a mistake to start with. I've restored it and awarded you points. Sorry about the mix-up.
_________________
Von Cichlid wrote:
I work with plenty of Oriental and Indian persons and we get along pretty good, and some females as well.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Top
 Profile  
perzine
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:19 pm
Posts: 62
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:59 pm 
 

Based on the revised rules regarding digital releases...
https://www.metal-archives.com/news/view/id/258
...I was wondering if Mindrippa could be re-considered for the whitelist?
mindrippa.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Veteran

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 3085
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:07 pm 
 

perzine wrote:
Based on the revised rules regarding digital releases...
https://www.metal-archives.com/news/view/id/258
...I was wondering if Mindrippa could be re-considered for the whitelist?
mindrippa.bandcamp.com

It was blacklisted due to issues with metalness, not digital release length. Many mods weighed in on the band and it seems the metal influence in the band was acknowledged, but nobody felt sure enough about it to accept them.
_________________
GLASS SHRINE - mellow major-key black metal
THE OUTER RIM - genre-fuck exquisite corpse avant-garde metal

Top
 Profile  
deathxcrusher666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:12 pm
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:48 pm 
 

Why is MAGRUDERGRIND rejected? They are grindcore and have toured with Cannibal Corpse and Napalm Death for fucks sake.

If they are banned from here then why aren't Phobia, Unholy Grave or Wormrot also banned?

Top
 Profile  
raspberrysoda
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:51 pm
Posts: 777
Location: Edgystan
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:27 pm 
 

https://heaveninherarms.bandcamp.com/

Can these guys be unbanned? Their latest album is post bm.
_________________
does it djent?

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

my stuff

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Veteran

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 3085
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:28 pm 
 

deathxcrusher666 wrote:
Why is MAGRUDERGRIND rejected? They are grindcore and have toured with Cannibal Corpse and Napalm Death for fucks sake.

If they are banned from here then why aren't Phobia, Unholy Grave or Wormrot also banned?

We don’t consider them to be predominantly metal; use the search function to find previous discussions about them. Also, the bands they tour with has nothing to do with whether or not they belong on MA. Nor does their label, aesthetic, or any other non-musical, non-release-format-related issues.
raspberrysoda wrote:
https://heaveninherarms.bandcamp.com/

Can these guys be unbanned? Their latest album is post bm.

EDIT: This has already been evaluated IIRC, and IMO it's still too much on the screamo side, but I posed it to some other people to get some other opinions.
_________________
GLASS SHRINE - mellow major-key black metal
THE OUTER RIM - genre-fuck exquisite corpse avant-garde metal

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6213
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:44 am 
 

Witcher wrote:
First of aall, it is not a random blog, but an internet eencyclopaedia of Swedish heavy metal and hard rock, which was created and is maintained by the Overdrive guitarist Janne Stark, a very respectable person with a deep knowledge of Swedish metal scene. His info is usually pretty accurate. Secondly, I have already posted it in the band research thread to very sad results, only to learn from a user, who has kindly tried to help me, that the only member of the band with a presence on the internet does not react on Questions. I could wait about ten years in that manner.. probably to same results. Please see: http://www.fwoshm.com/index/S/1089-spel ... spellbound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N02mzqiLdT4
As for relevancy of the source, please see here: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5 ... anne_Stark
http://bravewords.com/news/the-heaviest ... metal-ever
As for the " Band research" thread, see here: https://www.metal-archives.com/board/vi ... 5#p2815535


In fact, I was quite active in that thread the last four days, two bands were submitted based on the info I have provided and I have found relevant info for about 15 bands. I only mention it because to show, that I can recognize an relevant source, when it comes to it and and that do not expect to plead for something and give nnothing, no work in return.


Please, can somebody react on this, especially on the part about the validity of the given source?

Top
 Profile  
Rain Duran
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:47 pm
Posts: 10
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:08 pm 
 

Whisper in the Wind, from Mexico, was blacklisted. I think that one of the reasons was because there was no proof of a physical release. I have a picture that shows several copies of a cd release. Where can I post this image?

Thank you.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 513, 514, 515, 516, 517, 518, 519  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MutantClannfear and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group