Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Geralthunter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:00 pm 

Well I had been having problems recovering my account, and HellBlazer was very kindly helping me get it back. However, now the problem I have is that as soon as I try to add a band or edit anything, or look at messages or other profile options, I can not do anything and I constantly receive this message from the image. What should I do? Or why does it happen? I have not sent an email to HellBlazer because I read that it is preferred to write in the forum, so I have done that. Greetings, and thank you very much.

(Also it says I'm Fred Durst, that's unacceptable! D: )

Last edited by Geralthunter on Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:52 pm 

:grumble:

It says you're Fred Durst, and you can't access anything, because you apparently went and got yourself banned as soon as you got your account back.

If you try to submit a band and you get a message saying that the band is blacklisted, and that you shouldn't try to go around the blacklist or you'll get banned... you might want to follow the instructions.

Geralthunter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:53 am 

But I didn't get any message about that. At the same time why should be it blacklisted? I think I never finished submitting it.
Of course I want to follow the instructions , I filled everything up as requested and tried to give enough information and all that. I didn't see any message saying anything wrong, if so I would have asked about that.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:49 am 

You first submitted the band last year and it was eventually rejected for not being metal in October. On February 16th, you deleted this rejected entry from your drafts and half an hour later created a new draft for "Fólkvangr Band".

Why did you add the "Band", I wonder?

Geralthunter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:38 am 

Because it's how we have it on Facebook and Twitter to difference it from Fólkvangr records or other Folkvangr name related things
Also because there's another Folkvangr from UK I think

I never received any notification on my email about the rejection (maybe it was on the spam folder , that might be my fault but it's been a year as you say so I don't really know what to say about that) and later I lost the access to the account that's why I contacted recently the moderation.

Well I just would like to fix it and add the band if possible , trying to annoy the staff the less possible. Thanks.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:25 am 

Alright, I have unbanned you. If you disagree with the band's blacklisting, please post about it here first: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64985

You may also want to activate email notifications for the main site if you haven't already. But yeah, we've had some issues with MA-related emails getting classified as spam, so definitely check in there as well.

Geralthunter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:38 am 

Okay thank you very much for your time and help. I'll check everything, hopefully avoiding any other problem
Have a nice day

Reply to topic