Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ben_wrangle
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 1:47 pm 

I don't know if this has been questioned before, so, here I go...

Recently I added new releases by different bands, Power from Hell, Karl Sander and Municipal Waste. Almost at the same time other user added the same records and all my contributions were deleted. At first I thought the obvious, keep the first one and the later excluded. But today I added new Karl Sanders first and was deleted.
On PFH and MW I added different versions, track lengths, line-up and was excluded, Sanders I added just the track names (obvious) and when was about to edit the line-up there was a second entry of the same album with more info, mine was deleted.
Any specific reason?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:25 pm 

I wasn't the mod who dealt with it, but it appears you might've just been unlucky.

• With Power from Hell, someone beat you by a minute in creating the "Shadows Devouring Light" album page and their submission was more complete.
  • With Karl Sanders, you beat someone by a minute in creating the "Saurian Apocalypse" album page, but their submission was more complete. We will typically keep the more complete page.
  • With Municipal Waste, it seems you did add the "Electrified Brain" album page first, but then loaded it up with invalid other versions. I suspect the mod took the easy way out, and simply went with the more accurate entry that also existed at the time they removed yours. You were warned before - 5 years ago, actually - about adding other versions for each colour of vinyl + black. You should've known not to do that.

Generally, it may not seem fair, it's always a gamble submitting albums to popular, well-known bands. You're always going to compete with other users, and we will choose to keep the entry that's most complete each time.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

ben_wrangle
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:52 pm 

Thanks for the answer!! It was a curiosity because I was sure it was only about the time it was added.

And, no competition at all, just trying to help and if not accepted for a certain reason, well, some other user will add the release.

Cheers and thanks again!

Reply to topic