Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zmora
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:13 am 

Today I logged on to check something and about 400 points were gone sending me back to Metalhead, this came with no warning and I have no new messages. I don't care about the points, rather just clarification.

KingSpooky
The Man, The Machine, The Legend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:02 pm 

Not really sure, but it might have been from one of the many guesswork line-ups that you entered in, a big problem on the site.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:15 pm 

You also made an interesting submission for a band named "Balin". Did you even listen to the music before you submitted it? I am not the moderator who rejected the band but there was virtually no metal - I found one album with shrieks but no riffs at all. There weren't even any pointers to which album you believe is the most metal and that the band should be accepted based on.

Moderators can remove points of an amount of their choosing upon rejecting a submission. If it was me I wouldn't dock so many points for such a submission if it's a first offense, but we don't have any certain exact records for your case and it could be an added penalty on top of the guesswork line-ups added. I can say a band being metal enough for the site is arguably the most important rule for entry, and strongly recommend you either listen to the music and/or familiarize yourself with what we do and don't consider metal before your next submission.

Reply to topic