Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 320911
Past his bedtime

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:36 am
Posts: 55
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:59 pm 
 

If an upcoming album can't be added to the MA during band submission, then, how is that on the MA homepage there is a list of upcoming albums?

Top
 Profile  
Storm of the Light's Bane
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:16 pm
Posts: 587
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:02 pm 
 

Upcoming albums can be added to already listed bands if all the information needed (track list, full release date, album art, and format) is available and known.
_________________
BlackheartSauron wrote:
Whatever. I don't care if you include that band actually - I already know you won't and no amount of discussion can influence your decision, because you're closed to any information/opinions of others - you just don't have an open mind.

Top
 Profile  
~Guest 320911
Past his bedtime

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:36 am
Posts: 55
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:04 pm 
 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
Upcoming albums can be added to already listed bands if all the information needed (track list, full release date, album art, and format) is available and known.


Really? I thought it was a bannable offence. If, for example, a band's new album is coming out in October 2018, can I add it to the band's discography now?

Top
 Profile  
Storm of the Light's Bane
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:16 pm
Posts: 587
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:14 pm 
 

VGanesh wrote:
Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
Upcoming albums can be added to already listed bands if all the information needed (track list, full release date, album art, and format) is available and known.


Really? I thought it was a bannable offence. If, for example, a band's new album is coming out in October 2018, can I add it to the band's discography now?

Yes, you can add it if all the requirements I mentioned above are 100% officially confirmed. If even one of them isn't, don't add it.
_________________
BlackheartSauron wrote:
Whatever. I don't care if you include that band actually - I already know you won't and no amount of discussion can influence your decision, because you're closed to any information/opinions of others - you just don't have an open mind.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 12536
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:03 pm 
 

VGanesh wrote:
If an upcoming album can't be added to the MA during band submission, then, how is that on the MA homepage there is a list of upcoming albums?

Because those upcoming albums you see are not for bands that are already accepted with previous albums... not pending bands :P
_________________
Von Cichlid wrote:
I work with plenty of Oriental and Indian persons and we get along pretty good, and some females as well.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Top
 Profile  
~Guest 320911
Past his bedtime

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:36 am
Posts: 55
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:58 am 
 

Morrigan wrote:
VGanesh wrote:
If an upcoming album can't be added to the MA during band submission, then, how is that on the MA homepage there is a list of upcoming albums?

Because those upcoming albums you see are not for bands that are already accepted with previous albums... not pending bands :P


This should have been clearly written in the rules!!! :P

Top
 Profile  
HellBlazer
Veteran

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 3499
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:29 am 
 

VGanesh wrote:
This should have been clearly written in the rules!!! :P


https://www.metal-archives.com/content/ ... alid_album (third section, first paragraph):

The rules wrote:
Albums must have been publicly released and distributed to be considered valid. The only exception to this requirement is for bands already on the site with upcoming albums; we will allow those to be added if the information on them (exact release date, tracklisting and cover art) is complete and verified by an official source (the band or its label). Otherwise, all other albums listed in a band's discography must have been already released and distributed in some manner.


:scratch: It's one of the few things that's up-to-date in the rules...

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group