Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
radish
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:44 pm 

Hey so I added a release for a band which I am in contact with.
I went to a concert where they held a local cd release for this album in their hometown.
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/C ... bos/766289

I asked the band directly for accurate information on the band lineup through their facebook page and they politely asked me to take down that album.
apparently they plan on officially "releasing" the album at a later date and the local show was just for the local community.

I'm not sure why this matters but I figured for the sake of being cooperative I would ask this question.

is it possible to hide this album entry until a later date now that I have already added it?
or will it just have to be deleted and I have to reupload everything later.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:47 pm 

If it was being given away to the public, and made available by the band at a gig, I don't see why that wouldn't be their "official" release date as far as MA is concerned. We don't distinguish between it being publicly available only to a local community or it being made publicly available to a worldwide audience; both are public releases to us.

The band may be a little bit angry about it, and we're sorry about that, but if others also grabbed the album at the gig it is inevitable that someone would have added it with the release date it has now (or an approximation). Besides, Winnipeg isn't really a particularly small city. ;) We can put a note on the release that the band is officially "releasing" the album to a wider audience at a later date, and if or when that happens, it may qualify as an 'other version' of the album.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

radish
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:26 pm 

Right I agree

The release I have would be an independant release.

The future release they are looking to put forward would be backed by a label. At least that is the intent.

Reply to topic