Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
17brentthugs
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:51 pm 

Beforehand let me tell you that i find your work with Metal Archives very positive, usefull and you have the merit of wasting time with this, so other can profit from it, for free.
Nevertheless, issues occour and things can be improved.
I always find the issue of labelling bands very tricky and slippery but you guys chose to head that way, so here i'm am, complaining!

You rejected the admission of my band based on the fact that one of the labels i've used, was "Stone Rock".
I've also wrote "Heavy Metal" but, apparently that wasn't enough for you and you've sticked with the "Stone Rock" thing...

If your personal opinion was that Stone Rock is not withing the Heavy Metal grasp, i would disagree and would say that was very ilogicall and incoherent
because the "Neavy Metal umbrella" is very wide and shelters almost everything. What are you going to do with the "Folk Metal" thing? or with guys with electronics and samples?
rulled them all out?
Anyway, as a believer of democracy, each one of us is entitled to an opinion, even if, it despleases me.
Now, blocking me from a, relatively, public web site for that same reason it's a bit more that ilogical and incoherent, it's arrogant and, sorry for the boldness, a bit stupid!
Especially because Heavy metal always had to fight against censorship and establishment, and now, people within the Heavy metal, are doing exactly the same... doesn't add up!

Furthermore, saying that you don't accept my band because it's Stone Rock and then you have bands like Kyuss, Spiritual Beggars or Orange Goblin just to mention these three, with the description of "Stone Rock"!!! That's even more Stupid on the top of the stupid thing you've said before.

So, my point is, that's you web site, it's your rules, you can accept whoever you want, i've even included the label "Heavy Metal" because in the end that's what all those sub-styles are, but if that it's not enough for you...
Do as you please.

joão

Midnight Rider
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:45 pm 

17brentthugs wrote:
You rejected the admission of my band based on the fact that one of the labels i've used, was "Stone Rock".
I've also wrote "Heavy Metal" but, apparently that wasn't enough for you and you've sticked with the "Stone Rock" thing...

Just to make it clear: The 17 Brent Thugs wasn't rejected because you used the "Stone Rock" tag in your submission, it was rejected for -musically speaking- being stoner rock.

We don't go by and we absolutely don't care on how a band calls it's own music. We always listen carefully to the music first and then we make our OWN judgement of the band's style.
And contrary to Stoner Metal, Stoner Rock (on it's own) isn't acceptable according to the site rules.

17brentthugs wrote:
Furthermore, saying that you don't accept my band because it's Stone Rock and then you have bands like Kyuss, Spiritual Beggars or Orange Goblin just to mention these three, with the description of "Stone Rock"!!!

We judge every band case-by-case. All of these bands you mentioned don't play stoner rock exclusively and have at least one album (or a couple of albums) that are METAL enough according to the site criteria. None of them were judged by the Metal-Archives staff to be only "stoner rock", or otherwise they wouldn't be here.

Anyway, you're welcome to review Rules & Guidelines > Heavy Metal only so you can furtherly understand on how the site works on this matter.
Next time use this forum instead, please.

Blacklist stays.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.