Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Petrus_Steele
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:42 pm 

(Sorry beforehand if I'm posting/asking in the wrong subforum)

I started reviewing Whitechapel's discography and I noticed Demo 3 (2011) isn't available. On the reminder it says "Demo 2011 is not a Whitechapel release but instrumental works played by their guitarist Zach Householder." - which according to sites like Whitechapel's Wikipedia page Demo 3 is listed (though no existing page), and then there's this: https://www.discogs.com/Whitechapel-Dem ... se/9461579

So I'm confused as to how it's not a Whitechapel release? Is there a proof that Demo 3 is their guitarist's work, even though there's a cover song of Slayer and an original song?

Thanks for clearing things up!

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:10 pm 

According to the report that led to that note (from back in 2011), Zach Householder had stated on Twitter that it was not a Whitechapel album:

Quote:
"Zachchapel Zach Householder
@ilen230394 thats def not new Whitechapel. I literally just finally started using my soundcloud page is all. WC had nothing to do with it."

"Zachchapel Zach Householder
just heads up...this is NOT new whitechapel songs...just old shit i have laying around, haha."

No idea where the cover art on the Discogs page came from. It seems it's been attached to a download of the tracks at some point, but the original download for it appears not to have had cover art, so my guess is that a fan added it to the download package at a later date.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Petrus_Steele
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:33 pm 

That clear things up, all right.

As long as the actual person/source claims it's something they've personally made.

Thanks for the info!

Reply to topic