Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Avy_
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:41 pm
Posts: 21
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:03 am 
 

anyone else think it would be nice to have a link that leads to a list of blacklisted bands? no information on the bands or anything, but maybe an addition to the sidebar titled "blacklist" or "blacklisted bands" that brings you to a list of bands on the blacklist? It seems more efficient to me other methods of checking i usually use to see if a band is blacklisted or just hasn't been added yet. If there's already a feature like this that i'm unaware of, sorry, and if this has already been tried, or there's already been a post about this, sorry but this is just my two cents on the situation.

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 5703
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:45 pm 
 

It's not gonna happen. Besides that, a list would do you absolutely no good as you have suggested. When you try and submit a band it tells you if said band is blacklisted, what more do you need? It's easy enough for us to provide you the reasons.
_________________
Man is truly a wretched thing, and the forest is committed to expunging him from existence.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Top
 Profile  
Avy_
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:41 pm
Posts: 21
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:12 pm 
 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
It's not gonna happen. Besides that, a list would do you absolutely no good as you have suggested. When you try and submit a band it tells you if said band is blacklisted, what more do you need? It's easy enough for us to provide you the reasons.

I understand why but like, maybe at least a reason for why its blacklisted? If It seems like I'm arguing, I'm sorry I don't want it to come off as that, and most bands I can understand why they're on blacklist but there are few in confused about like dehumanizing iteration worship, cock and ball torture, xavleg, etc. But, again, this is just my two cents, and I don't wanna drag anything out past this

Top
 Profile  
PDS
The Folk One

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:04 pm
Posts: 1558
Location: A forest on an island!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:40 pm 
 

Avy_ wrote:
Erosion of Humanity wrote:
It's not gonna happen. Besides that, a list would do you absolutely no good as you have suggested. When you try and submit a band it tells you if said band is blacklisted, what more do you need? It's easy enough for us to provide you the reasons.

I understand why but like, maybe at least a reason for why its blacklisted? If It seems like I'm arguing, I'm sorry I don't want it to come off as that, and most bands I can understand why they're on blacklist but there are few in confused about like dehumanizing iteration worship, cock and ball torture, xavleg, etc. But, again, this is just my two cents, and I don't wanna drag anything out past this


Dehumanizing Itatrain Worship is a love live! school idol project arrange band. Cock and Ball Torture is more on punk side of grind. Xavleg before was blacklisted for being -core.

The thing about the blacklist is that bands that are blacklisted before V2 don't have update to blacklist notes and are blank, so even then there might not even be a reason. There's 19K backlisted entries, and that is a lot to go through. That and there's blacklisted entries that are most for us, the mod team than for regular users etc.
_________________
Acrobat wrote:
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Top
 Profile  
__MULLIGANACEOUS__
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:12 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:16 am 
 

Blacklisted bands are blacklisted and fully rejected by the MA database. MA is a metal archives website, and does not need detailed information about the blacklisted non-metal or ambiguously metallic bands.
_________________
⓵, ⓶, ⓷, Shellback⁶⁶⁶ Max and Britney, Getting down with 3₽, everybody loves … counting

Top
 Profile  
PDS
The Folk One

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:04 pm
Posts: 1558
Location: A forest on an island!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:37 am 
 

__MULLIGANACEOUS__ wrote:
Blacklisted bands are blacklisted and fully rejected by the MA database. MA is a metal archives website, and does not need detailed information about the blacklisted non-metal or ambiguously metallic bands.


Except when they are appealed, or just blacklisted because people keep on submitting bands before they have an album released (like big projects).

Thanks for the post, Space Cadet but the peanut gallery need not be involved.
_________________
Acrobat wrote:
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Top
 Profile  
Avy_
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:41 pm
Posts: 21
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:43 am 
 

PDS wrote:
Avy_ wrote:
Erosion of Humanity wrote:
It's not gonna happen. Besides that, a list would do you absolutely no good as you have suggested. When you try and submit a band it tells you if said band is blacklisted, what more do you need? It's easy enough for us to provide you the reasons.

I understand why but like, maybe at least a reason for why its blacklisted? If It seems like I'm arguing, I'm sorry I don't want it to come off as that, and most bands I can understand why they're on blacklist but there are few in confused about like dehumanizing iteration worship, cock and ball torture, xavleg, etc. But, again, this is just my two cents, and I don't wanna drag anything out past this

wow, 19k bands, huh. With all due respect if you had said that in your first post, I probably would have let it be knowing that there's just too many to name. But if I could ask about a few more?
Dehumanizing Itatrain Worship is a love live! school idol project arrange band. Cock and Ball Torture is more on punk side of grind. Xavleg before was blacklisted for being -core.

The thing about the blacklist is that bands that are blacklisted before V2 don't have update to blacklist notes and are blank, so even then there might not even be a reason. There's 19K backlisted entries, and that is a lot to go through. That and there's blacklisted entries that are most for us, the mod team than for regular users etc.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 5992
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:23 am 
 

I am not a moderator , I just want to point you to the right direction. There is a special thrad on the forum, where you can aask about rejected bands, so you can ppost your questions about further bands there. I didnot know, the CBT were (again) deleted from the site during my absence, so I have aasked there about an album of theirs, which is different from their pornogrind stuff and I am currently waiting for the reply. Just make sure, please, the you have read the special rules for the thread , which are in the opening post in that thrad and that you provide links to full albums, when you want to get a band whitelisted. Here is the thread, you can also do a search ofr replies boabout certain bands, which have been already discussed there: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64985&p=2844669#p2844669

Top
 Profile  
Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 680
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:33 am 
 

I think if the reason for the blacklist was public for every band, the moderators would be bombarded with useless genre debates about bands who aren't even on the site. I think it's easier the way it is - user asks, moderator answers... it works.
_________________
Formerly known as HouseSpiders
vacca wrote:
"Pointwhoring is no fun. Pointwhoring endangers the life and happiness of millions. It must stop. We appeal in particular to the youth of today, stop the madness. There are better things in life."

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 5703
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:53 am 
 

Yes please use the rejections thread for questions about blacklisted bands.
_________________
Man is truly a wretched thing, and the forest is committed to expunging him from existence.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Axel666MoWi and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group