* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ItsemurhaLeksi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:27 am 

Hi there.

Just one question.

If band's status is disputed, should it be separate on the two (or more) different pages for each version?

For example, https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Afgrund/97050 Afrund now has two diffrent versions whose releases are different, by the way bands has a different location in different countries.

But https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Tank/1038 Tank who has been also separated has different pages for every version.

That question, I think, will be actual also for Batushka when they will released their albums.

Thank for your answers. Hope you understand my English)

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:04 pm 

Disputed bands are a pain in the ass.

We recognize when a band's status is disputed. Sometimes that may mean that a band is disbanded, but a member later chooses to reactivate it and the rest of the band considers it still split-up. In other cases, it means that the members disagree about who owns or runs the band and so end up going in separate directions with the project. If there is no one who owns the legal name to the band, or there is a dispute with the legal status (ie. it's in the courts), we'll typically end the band's page at the time of the dispute and create separate pages for each disputed version once each version has released an album (metal or non-metal). If it's clear there is legal ownership over the band, and that has been settled, the legal holder maintains the actual band page while the non-legal disputer will have a separate band page for his or her disputed version. In the case of Batushka, the legal status is disputed, and so long as that's the case, both bands would have separate pages if they end up releasing material. If it later turns out that the legal status is settled, then at that point we'd look at merging any appropriate versions. It's not the perfect solution, but given the limitations of our software it's the only way we can have multiple versions branch off of a single band, while still showing - respectively - that each version claims ownership of the original band.

Hope that (somehow) answers your question.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Storm of the Light's Bane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:54 pm 

About Afgrund, we'll look into their situation more and see if they need to be split into different pages.
I'm sure he would have pushed strongly for them to be included. I'm guessing there was a fight among the mods over whether to include them, and it ended with Metantoine being imprisoned in Napero's Finnish ice wizard tower.

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:12 am 

Derigin wrote:
Disputed bands are a pain in the ass.

We recognize when a band's status is disputed. Sometimes that may mean that a band is disbanded, but a member later chooses to reactivate it and the rest of the band considers it still split-up. In other cases, it means that the members disagree about who owns or runs the band and so end up going in separate directions with the project. If there is no one who owns the legal name to the band, or there is a dispute with the legal status (ie. it's in the courts), we'll typically end the band's page at the time of the dispute and create separate pages for each disputed version once each version has released an album (metal or non-metal). If it's clear there is legal ownership over the band, and that has been settled, the legal holder maintains the actual band page while the non-legal disputer will have a separate band page for his or her disputed version. In the case of Batushka, the legal status is disputed, and so long as that's the case, both bands would have separate pages if they end up releasing material. If it later turns out that the legal status is settled, then at that point we'd look at merging any appropriate versions. It's not the perfect solution, but given the limitations of our software it's the only way we can have multiple versions branch off of a single band, while still showing - respectively - that each version claims ownership of the original band.

Hope that (somehow) answers your question.

So that means we may add the following Batushka album now?
https://batushka-panihida.bandcamp.com/album/-?fbclid=IwAR2Nl6qPgMnj7azXoR8dbrAzkpSmZnaMw7GWU-FX-DqW20-u9WnL1xI3QDc

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:32 am 

Yep. I'll tackle this later today.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:40 pm 

Done.

There's the original Batushka, to be left alone as it was in 2018: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ba ... 3540404077

There's Христофор's version of Batushka: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/%D ... 3540454239

There's Варфоломей's version of Batushka: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ba ... 3540454240

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:19 pm 

Thanks for taking care of it.

Reply to topic