Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
casemax
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:08 pm 

Can anyone tell me how I can go about having my legal name removed from my artist profile page? The alias & credited name isnno problem but my 1st, middle, & last name is an invasion of privacy. I am willing to send email to any mods with driver's license proving my identity.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:02 pm 

This question is actually covered on the 10th tab of the FAQ: https://www.metal-archives.com/content/faq

MA is always happy to remove names for privacy concerns, as long as the information is not already in the public domain. A lot of name removal requests are rejected for this particular reason. You can either file a report on your artist page, or if you would prefer something more anonymous, you can send me a PM... or send a moderator (those who have orange/red names) a PM.

casemax
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:43 pm 

HouseSpiders,

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure how to send you a PM on here. The artist page is Case Max credited for Illustration. My real / legal name is not ctedited on any music releases & is not public knowledge or generally known at all. I use the alias to be somewhat anonymous. If you can / are willing to remove my legal name from my artist profile I would be very grateful. If you need me to email you a pic of my photo ID I can do that. Artist page:

https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Case_Max/701785

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:45 am 

It seems that this website is indeed the only one listing your legal name. Photo ID is not necessary, although thank you very much for the offer of proof. You seem credible enough that I'm happy to take your word for it. No one (or so I hope) ever pretends to be another artist just to get a small part of their name removed. The name has been removed, and a moderator should probably add ''Do not add full name'' to the moderation warning.

To send a PM, you have to click on my profile and press the ''PM'' button. Or you can go into your inbox by pressing ''0 new messages''. However, the reason you were unsure how to send a PM might have been because it wasn't possible. I always forget that they changed the rules so that your first 2 posts must be approved in order to combat spam, and I dimly recall HellBlazer saying new users can no longer send PMs until they are approved. I just tested it on my other account with 0 posts, and I was able to PM myself fine... maybe because I registered it in 2012. Either way, apologies for the bad instruction.

casemax
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:11 pm 

Great thank you so much for all your help!!

Reply to topic