Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SF01
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:28 pm 

I was told not to disrespect our dear stormy, i was told that he's doing a tremendous amount of work for the community, I'm not going to deny that, I'm not going to argue that.

What I am gong to do is to claim that he's undermining me and treating my word as pile of garbage.

I reported a fake to be released:
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/692811

In fact it was already reported twice before:
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/b ... /mode/page

And the same user closed the reports, did nothing and didn't even comment on that matter, I'm not pointing fingers to anyone.

Let me then kindly as you, what in the name of all gods is this supposed to represent?

An obviously fake release has been reported 3 times on separate occasions by 3 different users (well, one visitor, incidentally it wasn't me) and not only this fake is still around, it's still around because a person responsible for taking acre of it didn't feel like it, didn't verify anything and was just riding on the glory of being a mod. Or perhaps he thought, that because this fake isn't on official Lord Wind bandcamo, then it must be the most official release of all time ever?

Lo behold:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eH8RY ... jyXW7zX8_7
Now I only kindly ask you, if this release is official and should stay forever here and I was wrong to report, then ban me for life.

Also, since when his opinion is the law in here and supercedes facts and band's statements?
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/692931
Facts are treated with "no, because i say so and if you don't agree with my personal opinion get lost"

I hereby initiate the vote of no confidence.

Or have I missed something and language versions are not versions, when the same title, artwork, tracklist, instrumental recordings have been used? Those are not entirely rerecorded albums after several years, like recent Graveland's polish vocal versions of old albums.

As is written in the rules:
"From this point on, ANY version of a valid album already in a band's discography can be added as an "other version" of that original album.

On occasion, there will be an "other version" of a valid album that may be listed as its own entry within the band's discography. For the most part, these versions differ significantly from the original version or, more commonly, were reissued with another title or under another band name. Although these albums may warrant their own inclusion in the discography, they are all connected as "other versions" of the original album that they are based off of."

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:19 pm 

Quote:
Lo behold:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eH8RY ... jyXW7zX8_7
Now I only kindly ask you, if this release is official and should stay forever here and I was wrong to report, then ban me for life.

No need to be dramatic.

Here's my question to you: why didn't you provide this clear-cut evidence that the release is fake in the report? You know all reports of that type require a source. You are more than familiar with our policy. If you had bothered to follow the rules, there would have been no issue.

You are correct that the Lord Wind release is fake. Great! We love users who are correct. But we still need evidence. Even regular users can make mistakes and are not above the rules.

The previous reports, as well as yours, were insta-closed because they had no source. Period. If we took every source-less report that said "this release is fake" at face value (excluding super-obvious fakes like sabotage etc.), we'd have heaps of problems on our end. And sure, we could start doing all the research to prove the release is fake, but that would also cause problems -- namely, that it would make handling reports that much slower. That's why the onus on providing evidence is always on the users making the reports/submissions, rather than on the mods to do the research.

We will delete the fake release, but next time, for the love of Satan: post your evidence in the report instead of sending a sourceless report and then creating drama on the forum when it's closed. You will save headaches for both yourself and staff.

You are a solid contributor when you do follow the rules, but you become insufferable when you ignore staff, and there's really no reason for this to happen. So please, just save us all issues and cooperate instead of being combative, all right?

Thanks.

(PS: you were probably being facetious but just in case any onlooker reads this... there's no such thing as user-riven "motion of no confidence" regarding staff, so, lol.)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.