Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BuriedUnborn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:38 am 

I was thinking that it wouldn't be a bad idea to implement a case-sensible search option, so song and album titles which are wrongly capitalized can be hunted down and fixed quickly.

I understand it's not a high-priority thing, and that this won't make the site improve a whole lot, but it'd help to keep consistency, especially considering that there are A LOT of releases in languages such as Spanish which have completely different capitalization rules to that of English, and I constantly stumble upon these bands and take my time to fix these capitalization issues.

Moshing: Dancing like a madman, perpetrating a frantic and violent dance which consists in jumping and whipping your body against other brainless idiots until you enter an irrational and brutal pyramid of pleasure.

Dickpenis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:49 pm 

Hijacking your thread, because this goes into the same direction:
I'd like a "Call country's attention" feature, where you can try to summon someone from that country via report function, by choosing the country you need, with a text field to describe the problem.
People from the chosen country (identified via IP or country of origin given in the profile) could get a notification that their help is required upon login (with an opt-out for these, of course), or flags could be shown next to the specific report in the report list.

Would be useful for "Could you please check capitalisation / accents / ... on this album, it looks wrong to me" or "I found this piece of info on the album in your language, but am too stupid to extract the relevant info. Could you, prettyplease?"

BuriedUnborn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:28 pm 

Dickpenis wrote:
Hijacking your thread, because this goes into the same direction:
I'd like a "Call country's attention" feature, where you can try to summon someone from that country via report function, by choosing the country you need, with a text field to describe the problem.
People from the chosen country (identified via IP or country of origin given in the profile) could get a notification that their help is required upon login (with an opt-out for these, of course), or flags could be shown next to the specific report in the report list.

Would be useful for "Could you please check capitalisation / accents / ... on this album, it looks wrong to me" or "I found this piece of info on the album in your language, but am too stupid to extract the relevant info. Could you, prettyplease?"

This would work wonders. I'd gladly help in anything when it comes to Spanish-speaking bands, artists and labels.

Moshing: Dancing like a madman, perpetrating a frantic and violent dance which consists in jumping and whipping your body against other brainless idiots until you enter an irrational and brutal pyramid of pleasure.

Reply to topic