Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AngelsDecay
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:00 pm 

Hi all,,,just let me know if anyone is having this issue since last night please.

As i wrote since last night i cannot open or load on this site the bands discographies on Firefox, but i can on Chrome and other browser.

However my fave browser its the firefox for ages...for example all the the introduction it loads, but the discogs nothing at all, remains blank (well, in this site metallum case the typical dark brown)

Even when choose lists such as bands per country, genre, etc, nothing loads at all...only the above "header"...

Anyone more with the same issue(s)...?

I cleared all my cookies and etc.

Tanx anyway...keep up the great work, Rock on from South of Europe \m/

AD.

BuriedUnborn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:02 pm 

I'd suggest clearing your cache in case you didn't, and making sure none of your addons or scripts is interfering with the site. It could also be an Adblock thing.

Moshing: Dancing like a madman, perpetrating a frantic and violent dance which consists in jumping and whipping your body against other brainless idiots until you enter an irrational and brutal pyramid of pleasure.

Last.fm

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:10 pm 

What does the developer console of your browser provide in terms of information?

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
http://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com/index.php/wiki/A_dead_spot_of_light
Some analysis on the metal scene (data taken from the Metal Archives):
http://oneyoudontknow.com

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:35 pm 

Works fine here on the latest Firefox. Sounds like AJAX requests are getting blocked for some reason...

BuriedUnborn wrote:
making sure none of your addons or scripts is interfering with the site.

oneyoudontknow wrote:
What does the developer console of your browser provide in terms of information?

Yeah, these. Seems like maybe a browser extension is messing things up. Check the console for any error message by clicking the button with three lines in the top right, then going to "web developer" then "web console".

AngelsDecay
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:06 pm 

Many tanx...in fact when i open the web console there is some lines there saying a lot of faults and errors, but i cannot understand why, because i didnt change anything at all.
And also dont explain how to fix them.
I have an old PC with an old and classic XP with an old Mozilla Firefox 43.0.1. (the last available for XP since 2015)
To be very honest since an year more or less Google Chrome cannot open Metal-Archives due to the new policies of ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH, wich a lot of sites started to introduce since almost two years ago.
Right now Firefox was almost the only one that could open Metal Archives on my old XP, until last night...however its strange cause like Chrome, Opera, Safari, Yandex, UC-Browser (chinese) all those says when clicking the metallum link a blank page with »»» "This site cant offer you a secure connection" »»»ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Firefox i open normally but the lists dont load, if i made me explain myself...and as i said since only last night.
FF was almost my only way to can see Metal Archives here on my lovely old XP... :(
The only other remaining web browser that can see full view of metallum here on my XP its my oldie SeaMonkey browser...but its slow as a snail...
As i told you i dont have any add ons, no extensions, no plugins, no nothing, cause none of those things cant work on a 2003 PC with XP and a very old FF that even if i try to update it says it cant cause the OS its oldie...
So,,,i really would love to know what happened last night, maybe a M-Archives server change, update, etc...and now im done...ok, i know, its not your fault :(
Just if any friend here could give me some more tips...Tks in advance, AD
PS: But i must recognize, time for another machine, cause each month it passes, i discover one or two more sites that XP and old browsers dont accept anymore or if accepts with some handicaps...by the time being only SeaMonkey browser "eats" evrything....but as i said...slowwwwww ;)

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:12 am 

Oh, uh, yeah, old browsers/operating systems don't support more recent encryption algorithms, so they can't communicate securely with many sites. I'm surprised Firefox lets you connect at all, it seems like the whole site should be blocked. I don't know why this happened suddenly, though. You say it worked recently, until just last night? Nothing security-related should have changed on our server yesterday. Though the site is served through Cloudflare, so I suppose something could have changed in their system. I did update the supported security protocols on Cloudflare somewhat recently, but that was still weeks ago, not last night...

Aldrahn333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:22 pm 

Use Waterfox guys, is the "Firefox without the complications". And works fine with the add-ons.

https://www.waterfox.net/

AngelsDecay
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:59 pm 

Tanx guys for the help and feedbacks..metal on :headbang:

Reply to topic