Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
NorseDave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:30 am 

Hi mods, I don't know if this has been already suggested, but I'd like to propose a suggestion concerning the search of albums that have one or more reviews. M-A right now is not only the most complete and reliable source for metal bands, but it is also for sure the most comprehensive and extensive collection of reviews, even for obscure and underground albums and demos that are not reviewed anywhere in the web.
Considering that, it would be really nice to have the possibility not only to sort reviews by grade percentage (as it is already possible) but also to search for albums in a certain genre (for example, Black Metal or Power Metal, etc.) listed in order by the average review grade! It would be very nice because it would permit to search for the "best" albums (according to M-A users reviews) overall or for genre and so it would possible to find the classic masterpiece but also discover underground and obscure gems! What do you think about that?

NorseDave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:42 am 

Ok sorry, now I see that this has been suggested by the user Ridge some post below: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=129458

My addition it is that it would be great to sort the albums by reviews percentage and also by genre.

Spider_X
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:50 pm 

NorseDave wrote:
Ok sorry, now I see that this has been suggested by the user Ridge some post below: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=129458

My addition it is that it would be great to sort the albums by reviews percentage and also by genre.

I also agree, def a good idea! ;)

NorseDave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:34 am 

Spider_X wrote:
NorseDave wrote:

I also agree, def a good idea! ;)

Thanx for the support, Spider_X! But looks like that the mods are deaf about that ...

Reply to topic