Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Putrid_Abomination
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:38 am 

This is a small suggestion and I do not know if it has been asked before but here goes nothing.
I have had some difficulty finding labels as opposed to finding bands on here and I am sure many other people have had the same problem, so this is why I would like to suggest the following:

1. Just like the Bands section on the left side bar, it would be nice to view labels by genre.
Labels
* Alphabetical
* Country
* Genre

2. Advanced Search for Labels. Under the Advanced Search Tab there are 3 options Bands, Albums, and Songs.
I understand that you can search for bands that are under a certain label in the Search Bands tab, but for finding labels it is a little more difficult.
Just to make it easier for finding them it would be nice to make a tab for Labels. Preferable with a similar layout to the Search Bands tab: Name, Genre/Specialization, Country, Year of Formation/Founding Date, Additional Notes, Status, City/state/province, Styles/specialties, and Online shopping (with a checkbox).

3. Random Label (under Random Band perhaps)

4. Similar Labels (Just like similar bands on individual band URLs)

I would love to hear what everyone thinks about this idea, because it would be great being able to find some lesser known labels in more ways than the search bar by name.

Reply to topic