Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:52 am 

Hey all,

So, we've noticed a trend on the main board of "xxx album/ep ranking" threads, and I am guilty of adding to that with my Slayer album ranking thread. I posted about this in the Tavern, but I will add it here for review/consideration.

Before the entire main page gets taken up by these threads, would it be worthwhile to put in a rule that only ONE may be created a month? I made a slight suggestion in The Tavern that a schedule could even be set in advance of which bands are coming in the upcoming months so that people that want to participate could review discographies before said band is posted.

I used a BastardHead style poll system for the Slayer one, and in my personal opinion, it's better to have that updated list in the main post than just scrolling through people's lists. I would be willing to help with data organization / running them if I were chosen to preside over them.

In terms of band selection, we could even do an advance voting poll for certain bands.

Anyway, I have a feeling the mods may nuke the entire idea soon, which is fine with me, but if you guys wanted to police it a bit more, this might be a solution. Open to all suggestions and also fine with getting torpedoed.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:59 pm 

I honestly can't blame you, jimbies. When I created the Cannibal Corpse album ranking, I didn't expect the style to blow up this big. While I don't agree with your suggestion personally, it would be interesting to see a mod's take on this.

__MULLIGANACEOUS__
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:48 pm 

Hopefully the album rnaking threads doesn't degenerate into something akin to ranker.com.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:27 am 

They seem to disappear for a few days and then new ones pop up. They haven't completely taken over the main page. I think at one point there was about six of them going though.

Reply to topic