* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SF01
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:03 pm 

Just to clarify, this point:
Code:
Instrumental album versions should be added as child entries to the main releases, and not as separate entries or even separate listings. An "Instrumental" tag can be added to their version descriptions. Note that being an instrumental version doesn't automatically mean it can only be a version entry. It largely depends on the difference between the recordings. If we are just talking about the same source material being used, simply without the vocal track(s) (and maybe missing or adding a few other things), then it's a version. If something was completely or mostly re-recorded, a separate entry is required.

Does it also apply to multiple language versions, as for example a large portion of Graveland, Moonlight and Artrosis albums? Or are they still to be listed separately? I mean the whole concept of "versions" might as well include "language versions". Also same with live albums on audio media and video media, those could also be kept in one parent entry instead of overcrowding the dsicography section...

Any official informations on how to follow?

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:28 pm 

SF01 wrote:
Does it also apply to multiple language versions

On the specific case of multiple language versions, the albums get listed separately.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

SF01
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:30 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
SF01 wrote:
Does it also apply to multiple language versions

On the specific case of multiple language versions, the albums get listed separately.

OK, I don't get it, but OK.

Reply to topic