Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 1094082
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:18 pm 

Idk if this has been asked before but like if you're trying to submit a band that's already blacklisted then maybe the reason for the blacklist should also be included, because if the band is borderline metal or it's unclear if the band is metal or not then the person submitting would know whether to appeal for it or not

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:01 pm 

hell_the_blackmetal_nerd wrote:
Idk if this has been asked before but like if you're trying to submit a band that's already blacklisted then maybe the reason for the blacklist should also be included, because if the band is borderline metal or it's unclear if the band is metal or not then the person submitting would know whether to appeal for it or not

I think what you meant to say is "wishing to submit a blacklisted band" since trying would count as a blacklist evasion and it is a bannable offense. But yeah, regarding that, I think it was brought up rather recently and the mod response was something in the vein that users have to type the name first to see if the band is blacklisted and then put the actual effort into appealing the same band. I guess it's to engage the user base a bit more. But don't take my word for it, since I'm not 100% sure what they said. A mod can certainly provide a better explanation than I can.

~Guest 1094082
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:16 pm 

I mean kinda, more like if a band is blacklisted it basically shows the reason why so that it can save some time for everybody

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:13 pm 

viewtopic.php?p=2859445#p2859445

Reply to topic