Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
HellKnight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:39 am 

Hi

I've noticed a lot of reports are about changing images and such. Many users don't respect the correct size and format of the image then (talking about myself) we lose a lot of time resizing and editing images to update here.

I think would be nice to have an "update form" to make the low rank user or visitors change the images by themselves, then the mods or ranked enought users could aprove or disaprove the image changing. this going to make them change the size / format (and save us some time).

something like that:

the field source/evidence should be still necessary to check if the image is correct and such.
Of course I don't know if this is possible. Its just an idea. Take care

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:28 pm 

Cool suggestion but somehow it doesn't seem very feasible due to the fact that we will have to extract pictures anyway, so nothing much changes there.

Also, a bigger problem here would be the trolls who can add whatever bullshit they want under the photo field as long as it is the appropriate size it will pass. How can you see what they have added? How can you know that they've actually added a logo or a band photo and not, for example, a picture of a cow, turd, dick, or something more or equally stupid? Pretty much if that gets allowed, only thing that can come out of this is us having to deal with more vandalized pages. Therefore, it is only extra work.

It is admirable that you think that other users here are mostly rational and mature individuals, and I believe that most of them are. However, that doesn't have to be the case with everyone here as we could've seen the contrary many times before, unfortunately.

So let's just stick to the old system. I know that it can be a pain in the ass to change sizes, edit logo backgrounds, etc. as I've dealt with this many times over. However, I think it is a relatively small price to pay compared to us having to deal with vandalized pages every few minutes.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:55 pm 

Well, the suggestion is for the reports, so clearly someone would have to check before applying new images to an actual band page.

But still, that would let anyone upload any image they want to our server, which somehow doesn't sound like a wise idea...

HellKnight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:47 am 

Quorthallis wrote:
Cool suggestion but somehow it doesn't seem very feasible due to the fact that we will have to extract pictures anyway, so nothing much changes there.

Also, a bigger problem here would be the trolls who can add whatever bullshit they want under the photo field as long as it is the appropriate size it will pass. How can you see what they have added? How can you know that they've actually added a logo or a band photo and not, for example, a picture of a cow, turd, dick, or something more or equally stupid? Pretty much if that gets allowed, only thing that can come out of this is us having to deal with more vandalized pages. Therefore, it is only extra work.

It is admirable that you think that other users here are mostly rational and mature individuals, and I believe that most of them are. However, that doesn't have to be the case with everyone here as we could've seen the contrary many times before, unfortunately.

This form could be limited for registered users only. A moderator / higher rank user still need to approve or disapprove the change. The point here is saving time on editing images when checking reports basically.

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:01 am 

HellKnight wrote:
Quorthallis wrote:

This form could be limited for registered users only. A moderator / higher rank user still need to approve or disapprove the change. The point here is saving time on editing images when checking reports basically.

But how can you approve or disapprove if you don't know what they uploaded there? It's not like you can see a whole photo through a report. And still, if it ends up that photo is not the appropriate size you'll have to edit them anyway.

HellKnight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:06 am 

HellBlazer wrote:
Well, the suggestion is for the reports, so clearly someone would have to check before applying new images to an actual band page.

But still, that would let anyone upload any image they want to our server, which somehow doesn't sound like a wise idea...

Thank you for answering
I see. Do you think would be heavy to upload some 150kb/250kb images to the server? when a user register a band's draft that happens too I guess.

And if we limit this function to registered users like a draft for changing images?
I understand that would not solve the problem in its totally, but the intention here is saving time on editing images and make easier to resolve reports. Checking now there are about 300-400 reports in "Suggestion of better image" category. I did not checked them all but probably a lot of them requires some editing before upload.
Take care

HellKnight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:11 am 

Quorthallis wrote:
But how can you approve or disapprove if you don't know what they uploaded there? It's not like you can see a whole photo through a report. And still, if it ends up that photo is not the appropriate size you'll have to edit them anyway.

The intention is that moderators and high rank users would see the image as this would be uploaded as a "draft". Then we can approve or disapprove the changing. Like when you reject or accept a band.

Reply to topic