Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
silentflight
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:31 pm 

I was just wondering if you could tell me what I was banned for? The only thing I can think of is I submitted a band and then realized I made a mistake so I put a report on it. I wasn't trying to point whore, it was just a genuine mistake.

S9NE
Magical Metal Girl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:48 pm 

You submitted the band 10 to the Chest, which has been blacklisted since June, spelling their name as "Ten to the Chest" (which they don't use at all) to circumvent the blacklisting. You already had the original name as an "alternate spelling", so a clear case of blacklist evasion and then using your report to change back to the original name once they were approved. That's not gonna cut it here.

silentflight
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:07 pm 

Total accident. I wasn't trying to circumvent the ban. I even submitted a report afterwards saying 10 to the chest was their normal name and I mistyped. I didn't even know they had been blacklisted.

I also think I just got confused, because in this Instagram post where I found out about this, it's written "Ten to the chest"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CeRXUUhLt1x ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Last edited by silentflight on Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silentflight
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:10 pm 

Seriously just a case of me having a brain fart. I could see how it would look that way, but I have literally no reason to try and circumvent the blacklist. You can see in my post history I've tried to appeal bands that were blacklisted, and if the appeal doesn't go through, I just let it go.

S9NE
Magical Metal Girl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:21 pm 

So using the original name as an "alternate spelling" was another accident? And you didn't put it there just to avoid the giant blacklist disclaimer that pops up?

silentflight
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:24 pm 

Yeah, I just got it mixed up which one was the original and which one was the alternate. I typed it Ten to the Chest to start with, so I never got the blacklist banner. Seriously, again, I have no reason to try and circumvent the bans. If the mods don't deem a band metal enough, then so be it. I know you have some weirdos on this site, but I really am not interested in trying to cheat the system to try and get bands added. It's just not that deep. I just want to be unbanned so I can use the site normally.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:51 am 

Alright, I've unbanned you.

silentflight
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:53 am 

Much appreciated. I'll be more careful with my submissions and hopefully this kind of thing wont happen again

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.