Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
WilliamAcerfeltd
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:44 pm 

Now I'm not sure whether I should post this on the trading board or here but anyway.

ANYWAY, all the way back in January I was looking to purchase a dissection shirt. I looked in the offical merch links and look at all the sites. I choose the catacombs because they were the cheapest. My shirt never arrived and they said it would take 6-8 weeks to arrive.

So I'm just wondering what sites qualify to be under "Offical Merch"? Do you guys run some sort of test to make sure they aren't scam sites? Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not blaming anyone but the catacombs for this and if they don't send it I will be reporting them to paypal.

I'm not sure if this site is a scam site or not, but even if they are not I would suggest you remove them from this site as dealing with them has been a major pain in the ass and I'm sure many other people would have the same problems with them. (Actually some guy from Canada posted a reply to my message on the trading board saying that they are bad and the catacombs are located in Canada as well!)

Thank you for your time.

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:46 am 

That's the problem with all those links... I spend my time removing them

People are adding all distros selling band's material

For me, official merchandise should be the LABEL and not 26269826 other sites

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:55 am 

Official merchandise is reserved for the official dealer of the band's merchandise. As that usually means the label or the band's page, that link category ends up being irrelevant, since the label and official pages are added in other link sections, but sometimes new link can be added. Examples are:
http://www.heavymetalonline.co.uk
http://www.snappermusic.com/

Reply to topic