Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
WilliamAcerfeltd
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:14 am 

The first being if someone is banned is it possible to be unbanned. I'm just wondering I'm not seriously considering a bannable offence.

The second being, why are bands rejected if you hear some songs composed by them? Isn't this proof that they exist? Or is it because you're not sure if they are off a demo or something? I'm asking this because to bands I submitted got rejected because of lack of evidence which is fine. I'm not really upset about it or anything, I'm just curious.

Thank you for your time.

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:30 am 

WilliamAcerfeltd wrote:
The first being if someone is banned is it possible to be unbanned. I'm just wondering I'm not seriously considering a bannable offence.

The second being, why are bands rejected if you hear some songs composed by them? Isn't this proof that they exist? Or is it because you're not sure if they are off a demo or something? I'm asking this because to bands I submitted got rejected because of lack of evidence which is fine. I'm not really upset about it or anything, I'm just curious.

Thank you for your time.

1) people can be unbanned yes but only for good reasons: if they were good contributors and that we decide we can forgive them or if we were wrong when we banned them (ex: reviews and its original writers, using 2 different nicknames here and on other sites, if we 1st thought it was plagiarism)

2) only some mp3 posted on myspace or soundclick do not prove there exists a demo, physical release (tape, cdr, cd, etc) is needed

WilliamAcerfeltd
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:45 am 

How do you provide concrete evidence that the band has actually released something? Do you need the cover art???

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:07 am 

WilliamAcerfeltd wrote:
How do you provide concrete evidence that the band has actually released something? Do you need the cover art???

if possible yes or: reviews on the internet/magazines (provide a scan), distro selling the demo etc

PiotrB
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:09 am 

WilliamAcerfeltd wrote:

photo or scan, or review is the best :P

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:33 am 

Nice scan of the whole demo and a myspace page can be considered proof enough, but almost never a myspace page alone.
That's how you should do it:
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2346 ... of15uv.jpg

Tip: Do not concentrate on myspace only, go through the back issues of your favorite webzine, metal mag and I'm sure you'll find something submission worthy. And when on myspace, search for neutral info on a certain band elsewhere too.

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:25 am 

I had a band rejected because it just listed a demo as existing on their myspace page. Later I added the band again when I found a revie of the demo as well and the band was accepted.
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

Reply to topic