Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:08 pm 

I mean.... you do realize MCF and I are mods yeah? Not like we just decided to go rogue and start adding slam to random bands today.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:47 pm 

I knew you were a mod Erosion, sorry, I wasn't 100% sure if MCF was, sorry man, chill out

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:46 am 

Derigin wrote:
We've decided to now allow that genre descriptor for obvious cases where slam/brutal death metal would be a more accurate way of describing a band's music.

Please don't go overboard with genre reports on it, though.

well dang, i didn't see this before i started reporting. i added a good amount of reports with bands that need to be changed to "slam", but many are in the same report (i.e. reported one band to get labeled "slam" but then within that report i'd link other bands in the form of "you should change these as well") i must have "reported" well around 30 - 40 bands by that method. hope i wasn't annoying in doing so because most bands that i requested to get re-labeled are very very noted contributors to the slam death metal genre.

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:47 am 

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO wrote:
I knew you were a mod Erosion, sorry, I wasn't 100% sure if MCF was, sorry man, chill out

Only mods can modify the genre field.

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:52 am 

Hye guard, sorry I wasn't aware of that, also regarding the method of report I did something similar and had no problem so you might be okay.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:59 am 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Dark%20Poet%201967 lyrics 1b1, newb

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:27 am 

Notice sent.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:56 am 

congrats on making the mod brigade :)

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:57 am 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/bud666

added several slightly different versions of albums. I think he tried to edit the cover art but end up adding too many versions. 0th already sent him a notice on this matter, but it happens again.

Please take a look:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/N ... ians/27912

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/N ... hemy/27916

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/N ... Dead/27920

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/N ... yond/27918

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/N ... llen/27921

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/N ... east/26212

My previous report:
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/673053

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:53 am 

I sent him a warning and told him again to use "report" function if he can't edit himself. Hope he won't re-add duplicates.

Verd
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:31 pm 

"Stop deleting regions from the location fields of Italian bands (Ligury, Emilia-Romagna, etc). The site standard is to have those there."

Since 1861, Italy has a strict policy for what concerns duplicates: unlike nations like the U.S.A., we can't absolutely have two towns with the same name. It's a law that dates back from weeks after Italy was unified in 1861.

This means that "San Benedetto del Tronto (Ascoli Piceno), Marche" is wrong in Italian: regardless of the region, every single "comune" (town, city, whatever it is) must have a unique name.

If you search for common names like Castelnuovo ("new castle", basically, a Medieval new settlement name common in Northern Italy) you'll find that actually there is no Castelnuovo - rather, the real town names are, for instance:
- Castelnuovo Calcea
- Castelnuovo della Daunia
- Castelnuovo Rangone
- Castelnuovo Magra
- Castelnuovo di Farfa
- Castelnuovo di Garfagnana
- Castelnuovo Cilento
- Castelnuovo del Garda
- Castelnuovo di Conza

Etc.

This means that if the "site standard" is to have the Italian capitalization with all the minuscule initial letters, according to the Italian standards, on the other hand the "site standard" goes against the Italian standards (and law) by putting useless, long names such as "Salvaterra di Casalgrande (Reggio nell'Emilia), Emilia-Romagna" since "Casalgrande" is the only acceptable name for the Italian law.

If you write on an official document a name of a fraction like Salvaterra you'll be asked to re-write everything. You'll just need to write "Casalgrande" or, at most, "Casalgrande (RE)". There is only a town with that name in the whole nation, regardless of the useless region specification.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:14 pm 

Verd wrote:
This means that if the "site standard" is to have the Italian capitalization with all the minuscule initial letters, according to the Italian standards, on the other hand the "site standard" goes against the Italian standards (and law) by putting useless, long names such as "Salvaterra di Casalgrande (Reggio nell'Emilia), Emilia-Romagna" since "Casalgrande" is the only acceptable name for the Italian law.

We use the same standard across all entries, regardless of country. It is useful to have the regions listed.

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:04 pm 

Is there any chance of changing up terminology on this thread? The word whore is as much of an insult sex workers as the n word is to black people. It's synonymous with "would do anything for money/credit/etc", implying there's nothing worse than being a sex worker.

I'm not suggesting that this relate to the archive itself, obviously, as this is an encyclopedia that is meant to reflect artwork and the people that make it, and if they're using the word, it should be reflected there. But in terms of how we communicate on this forum, it's not helpful. Plenty of sex workers use this site.

The term point hoarder is a much better alternative.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:34 am 

Verd, it's not just about clarifying when there is more than one place with a certain name. Regions can also help give a better general idea of the location. I see no reason to change that for Italian bands.

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:45 am 

It is forbidden to edit the lyrical themes of Satanic Warmaster and GuardAwakening edited the lyrical themes, sent it a warning or message to a him.
https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... ilter/data

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:41 pm 

Handled

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:06 pm 

I'm curious as to why Euthanasiast is adding the line "The band stands against racism." to a whole bunch of band bios. Seems incredibly unnecessary.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Japanese Metal Forum

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:57 pm 

TadakatsuH0nda wrote:
I'm curious as to why Euthanasiast is adding the line "The band stands against racism." to a whole bunch of band bios. Seems incredibly unnecessary.

Sent him a message. Don't get why he felt they were needed, when I've literally never seen any of the bands he added that note to be called something even close to racist...

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:01 am 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/LURTZ28 newb, could use some schooling... added a very obvious FW mag comp as full-length, makes typos (and leaves them), etc.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:00 am 

Hey.
I don't know where from TheGrimWombat did take lineup for the band Arturica that I've submitted but it's not correct.
Here is a screenshot of my chat with a band.
And I want to remind that such behavior is punishable according to the site rules.

Last edited by Shadechaser on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:07 am 

Shadechaser wrote:
Hey.
I don't know where from TheGrimWombat did take lineup for the band Arturica that I've submitted but it's not correct.
Here is a screenshot of my chat with a band.
An I want to remind that such behavior is punishable according to the site rules.

I had gone through old posts from the facebook, if I recall correctly. If it was erroneous, it certainly wasn't on purpose. If you want to take the couple points I got from it, that's irrelevant to me. I was attempting to help.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... permPage=1

(Erick is the guy tagged, by the face, as the guy on the bass...and then if you look at his other photos, Zuriel is clearly the guy behind the drum kit in that photo, by the way...with the band's name watermarked on it, perhaps an old incarnation of the band)

Your aggressive attitude is a bit peculiar, though. Considering that some of the info that you submitted the band with was incorrect (country, specifically).

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:02 am 

I've said it before, but we're not gonna strip points from people for genuinely trying to help. Where we do strip points it's as a result of the user doing an activity that we've repeatedly told them not to do, thus disobedience to us, or where it's clear the user is trying to fast track a "level up." As you can imagine, then, point-whores more often than not tend to be 'wet behind the ears' or are serial offenders. In other words, a user that has tens of thousands of points and has a solid track record as a valuable contributor is not a point-whore.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:09 am 

Guys, how can you make a conclusion of my aggression if I didn't use emoticons in my previous message and what's more you haven't seen my face?!
It's really peculiar because I surely haven't said a word about a couple of points, I just quoted your own rules - just warning, maybe.

and - Derigin - I haven't said a word about point whoring. This thread is called "Point whores, vandals and other wrongdoers". :-P

ok, I'll try my best to get info from the band by the weekend.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:10 pm 

No, you just implied it by bringing up the rules, etc. Like I said, you were mistaken in the same submission, I was alluding that even experienced contributors make mistakes, even you. By alluding that punishment is the action for such things, you sound kind of aggressive, yes.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:56 pm 

Quote:
And I want to remind that such behaviour is punishable according to the site rules.

Adding guessed lineups without an official source is. Making errors is impossible to avoid and we can't clamp down on them - we can only use caution as much as possible. That sentence shows you were assuming that TGW added the lineup with malicious intentions... otherwise, why would you feel the need to post such a reminder?

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:42 am 

TGW, you have a right for your own opinion.

Necrodictator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:14 pm 

TadakatsuH0nda wrote:

He also added "X supports the Russian annexation of the Crimea." and the Mirotvorets website link (Ukrainian website that purports to reveal personal information of people who are considered to be "enemies of Ukraine") to every current member of the Russian band "Мастер". Don't think it is a meaningful information for metal-archives and it looks more like a smearing attempt.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:23 pm 

I'll send him a message shortly.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

Tlacaxipehualiztli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:20 pm 

This user (adding lyrics one-by-one) should be warned:

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Roel%20Sanluis

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:22 am 

Warned.

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:11 am 

Submitting a report on myself: I submitted SLAMCOKE without knowing of the black list because I am about as retarded as anyone can guess

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:16 am 

Get my slam coke submission rejected lol, I had ZERO idea about the blacklist because I wrote the name is as 1 word simply because it was the way I saw them credited.
Sorry about that everyone.

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:40 am 

Third and last time I am posting this, I submitted Slam coke as 1 word, not anywhere near aware of the fact they were blacklisted, only found out thanks to the comment from Lindon:
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sl ... 3540453072

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:25 am 

Taken care of.

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:02 pm 

thank you Storm, I appreciate it

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:40 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/illrockmerch

A lot of the links this guy is adding goes to pages without any merch

untappd: patrick_g

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:07 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Incubu veteran, changed durations by a few secs 1b1 (impellitteri), 4 edits on Nita Strauss that could be done in one, poor english ("Hers model is the JIVA 10")...

edit: he just copy/pasted David Wayne's wikipedia page:
https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/David_Wayne/3256
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Wayne_(musician)
did 4 edits as well :/

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:28 pm 

?

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:42 am 

I think it's more that, unless the version is somehow different, you're not really describing a different version but just a different place to buy it. If it was a physical release, it would be like describing the store you got it from, or even the distro (official or not) where the album is available for purchase. At that point it's less about the version, and just more about where people can find it, which isn't the purpose of the version description field. Imagine if we had versions with descriptions like "Sold at Gig", "DDR", "Walmart", "Your Corner Record Shop." Unless the version itself is somehow innately different - art, tracklist, etc. - then it's best to avoid this type of breakdown for digital releases, too.

That said, including which digital distros make the album available is something that could arguably fit within the additional notes of an album version.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:30 am 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/inaholereviews added guesswork lineup on https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/E ... ive/209302 . that was in 2014, and he hasn't been active since 2015, just leaving this here in case more of his lineups are questioned...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 120  Next