* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Tlacaxipehualiztli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:02 am 

Look at this report:

http://www.metal-archives.com/report/vi ... 7/show/all

User edwild definitely should be warned...

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:19 am 

Porman warned him.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:28 am 

Tlacaxipehualiztli wrote:
Look at this report:

http://www.metal-archives.com/report/vi ... 7/show/all

User edwild definitely should be warned...

Warned and removed his uploaded images. Please, double check and see if there are any left.

Tueur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:23 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Darrick_Hazelwood vandalized a few pages

http://www.metal-archives.com/report/vi ... 0/show/all as well as Neit's page http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Neit/3540338220

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:33 am 

Another sock puppet of that fucking Stalin Division/Norsk Arisk/Neinus cunt. :facepalm: Getting really tired of his shit.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:09 am 

Make sure all of his accounts are banned.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:03 am 

Taken care of (for now).

dantes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:24 pm 

User GreenestGrass (http://www.metal-archives.com/users/GreenestGrass) doesn't know what he is doing: he added lots of unknown info on Okkultokrati page (lineupes and such). Please warn him.

J_Ason
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:23 pm 

What's the policy on making multiple edits in a row in order to get more points? For example, I just added a bunch of lyrics and song lengths. If I had realized just after adding the lyrics that I could add the song lengths too and thus made two edits, would that have been considered suspect, or is it just intentionally adding each item individually in a very obvious way that is frowned upon?

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:09 pm 

J_Ason wrote:
What's the policy on making multiple edits in a row in order to get more points?

That's the very definition of point whoring; do not do that. Whenever possible, add song lengths and lyrics at the same time, with a single update.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:44 am 

A tip, instead of writing the lyrics directly in the browser (if you by chance happen to write them off a lyric sheet), it's better to write them down in a text-file and then copy paste them instead.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:36 pm 

Just to add: if you're making multiple updates on pages with the intention of getting extra points, that is obviously considered point-whoring. If you make more than one update on a page simply because there was something you hadn't noticed first time or had forgotten to add, that's not a problem, as it's merely to correct mistakes. Though obviously you should always check over your updates and try to get as much in one update as possible.

And just to make things clear, I'm not a mod, so please don't mistake me for one. :)

Ziotopanga
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:38 pm 

I think user khaelys is adding tons of random line-ups. Take a look to his modification history :

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/khaelys

Defreasis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:47 am 

Seems one of the member of Khaelys band don't know how to use Metal-Archives too -> http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Khaelys/3540302423 , he changed the wrong photo, it should correct photo with complete line-up and the new member.

And this -> http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Cadmium/3540324482 too, wrong logo.

(I cannot fix it, I'm using mobile phone now, sorry).

Tueur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:05 am 

He added tons of random line-ups, putting only half the members because he was unable to find the complete line-ups. I shew Alhadis some examples

He should be banned.... (27 january - february 4th, 8 days to be a veteran by adding fake information.....)

:fuck:

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:13 am 

Vandal to be dealt with: http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Kid ... on_history

Added what apparently means "ass" in Polish to the lyric field of an instrumental song.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:23 am 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Vandal to be dealt with: http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Kid ... on_history

Added what apparently means "ass" in Polish to the lyric field of an instrumental song.

Banned.

About khaelys, I removed points and sent him a warning telling him to check the current news post. And a message about the photo thing.

Tlacaxipehualiztli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:59 pm 

User Nemerid should be warned as he adds songs lengths one by one. What is more, he is very active recently adding MANY (doubtful I think) line-ups...

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Nemerid

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:46 pm 

I already talked to him a few days ago about the lineups and removed some points. I'll let him know about the song updates.

Tlacaxipehualiztli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:59 am 

Somebody should stop user Testy666 immediately. He puts a word 'instrumental' to the lyrics fields. Also, he adds lyrics one by one...

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Testy666

Or just take a look on Kronos 'Colossal Titan Strife' album modification and the first track!!!:

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Kr ... rife/37431

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:22 pm 

Porman already warned them.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:26 pm 

Municipalmetal69: Guesswork lineups (most likely based on current band lineup) and minor lyrics one-by-one, unless he's already been notified about them.

See the two reports for that album, and I was also e-mailed a scan of the booklet by the first reporter.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:45 pm 

Warned.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:06 am 

A musical partner of mine kind of just found someone on Metal Archives and he is impostering him and making musician profiles for all our stuff. He claims to be Connor Carlson, Connor Carlson is my friend/musical partner.

He specifically said to me he did NOT make this account. http://www.metal-archives.com/users/warmaw

Is impostering someone a violation of rules? If it is and if you need proof that Connor did not make this account and this is in fact a fraud, I can show you texts/Facebook messages if needed where I showed him this forged account using his name and how he clearly claims he never once had any association with anything this profile has done and doesn't even know who made it.

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:05 am 

GuardAwakening wrote:
A musical partner of mine kind of just found someone on Metal Archives and he is impostering him and making musician profiles for all our stuff. He claims to be Connor Carlson, Connor Carlson is my friend/musical partner.

He specifically said to me he did NOT make this account. http://www.metal-archives.com/users/warmaw

Is impostering someone a violation of rules? If it is and if you need proof that Connor did not make this account and this is in fact a fraud, I can show you texts/Facebook messages if needed where I showed him this forged account using his name and how he clearly claims he never once had any association with anything this profile has done and doesn't even know who made it.

That guy has two accounts, warmaw and Grimnisnacht. The IP points to Draper, Utah. Both were registered in 2012. He has the draft for Warmaw from 2012 and for Delusions of Godhood from 2013, so he must be either a band member or someone who knows the band pretty well. The emails are [email protected] and [email protected], if that helps. We've used to ban people who made fake reports claiming to be members of famous bands, but in this case you'd better try to ask your friends about it. At least he hadn't done anything malicious.

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:57 am 

Fulgurius wrote:
GuardAwakening wrote:

That guy has two accounts, warmaw and Grimnisnacht. The IP points to Draper, Utah. Both were registered in 2012. He has the draft for Warmaw from 2012 and for Delusions of Godhood from 2013, so he must be either a band member or someone who knows the band pretty well. The emails are [email protected] and [email protected], if that helps. We've used to ban people who made fake reports claiming to be members of famous bands, but in this case you'd better try to ask your friends about it. At least he hadn't done anything malicious.

I just sent Connor a text message about what you found out. Delusions of Godhood (a melodic death metal band hailing from Draper) and another band named AshHead (a stoner/death/doom metal band) is the only bands he is currently in. I would rather not reveal who I am however, because I like keeping my privacy on Metal Archives but I will say at least that this Warmaw account that is impostering Connor has also made an artist profile of me saved in one of his drafts since Connor and I are not only friends but we're also musically connected.

Info I will reveal about myself right now is the following: I am NOT Connor Carlson, I don't even live in Utah. If I was him, I'd just go ahead and admit it. I'm just writing this sentence out just in case you would get suspicious about me not revealing information about myself but knowing so much about Connor but the reason why is because I told Connor I would take care of this imposter account for him since I'm not even too fond of this account myself having my name connected to whatever malicious thing he may be doing with my identity and my music.

Connor told me personally last night that he has no account on Metal Archives. The only exception was an account he made like 4 years ago that he doesn't even remember the name of and didn't even make a single edit on it because he forgot his login that many years ago. He is not a Metal Archives user.
I still text him everything you sent me for the sake of asking if either of those two emails look anything familiar to him, but I doubt he'll respond with "yeah I know this guy." Him and I are puzzled over the goddamn fact to ask why the fuck would some weird-ass kid make some fucking imposter account over Connor instead of just representing his own name? We think it's creepy and he wants it off the site even more than I do, which is understandable. Having someone forge your name on a website is just weird.

Tlacaxipehualiztli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:04 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
I already talked to him a few days ago about the lineups and removed some points. I'll let him know about the song updates.

I'm afraid he's doing the same.

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Nemerid

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:53 pm 

maybe not pointwhoring, but http://www.metal-archives.com/users/SLlMER deletes info from bands' notes that I personally find useful... The Flight of Sleipnir, Noisear, Acephalix, Isis, Nethervoid, etc.

apologies in advance if I'm wrong...

also, is the current Manowar "photo" (actually a drawing) legit?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:20 pm 

aloof wrote:
maybe not pointwhoring, but http://www.metal-archives.com/users/SLlMER deletes info from bands' notes that I personally find useful... The Flight of Sleipnir, Noisear, Acephalix, Isis, Nethervoid, etc.

apologies in advance if I'm wrong...

Some of these are legit, some are not.

The Flight of Sleipnir - Removed a plagiarized biography, this is correct.
Noisear - Removed "Played their first show in mid-1997." - not too significant, but certainly not invalid. I wouldn't have done this.
Acephalix - Removed "Started as Metal/Crust Punk band then morphed into death metal." which had been there since V1 - seems like a valid note.
Isis - Removed "In their early days, Isis were a sludge/post-hardcore band. They later moved on to a more post-rock oriented, atmospheric sound." - Once again a valid note that had been there since V1.
Nethervoid - Removed "The band originally had neither a bassist or a drummer so the live shows featured a drum machine and a complete lack of a bassist. However the two recently acquired members (Mortaeus and Deithulhurus) have filled in the spots for drum and bass respectively." - Noteworthy information, especially if one is wondering why their lineup is incomplete.

4/5 of these should not have been removed. I'll send him a warning to not do so.

Another note about this: Ideally, notes on a band's genre should be added by moderators, specifically any sort of clarifications related to why a band was accepted when a non-metal style is involved.

aloof wrote:
also, is the current Manowar "photo" (actually a drawing) legit?

It's ridiculous... I suppose that's OK for Manowar.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:36 pm 

heh. thanks for your prompt reply :) I re-added some of the useful info in a (hopefully) non-plagiarized manner on The Flight of Sleipnir's page, hope it's ok.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:50 pm 

Writing biographies is acceptable, especially if you're deeply familiar with the bands. It's not necessary by any means, but IIRC UltraBoris wrote some of the really good ones like Metallica's bio. It's good as long as it is objective and not plagiarized. Most bios that pop up on the site are one of those two though.

Haat888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:50 am 

Nemerid is adding lyrics one by one... some people will never understand ...

Tlacaxipehualiztli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:03 am 

Haat888 wrote:

Well, I wrote about him few posts earlier... Definitely he should be warned.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:08 am 

Tlacaxipehualiztli wrote:
Haat888 wrote:

Well, I wrote about him few posts earlier... Definitely he should be warned.

He also needs many, many points removed. Not only did he snake his way up to veteran, he continues to do so after reaching it (probably in an attempt to become a metal freak quickly). All this after already being messaged by Azmodes (right?).

I wonder how points he legitimately received ...

Tlacaxipehualiztli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:09 am 

Adding song lengths in one thing. For example, look at the Desdinova band:

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Des ... 3540376216

He removed Myspace and ReverbNation links. Strange, because both work!
https://myspace.com/desdinova-music
http://www.reverbnation.com/desdinova

So, stop this guy!

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:33 am 

^He's even a band member, hm ...

Lyrics:
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/robin_offire

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:05 pm 

Talked to Nemerid again and removed points. I'll ask him about the removed links. Perhaps they are considered outdated or something, he's a member of the band.

@robin_offire: Sent her a message.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:25 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Shankao

Lyrics/lengths, same thing he was warned for in May of last year.

And, Azmodes, Robin's a guy, so ... :D

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:21 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/777helloween
Adding lyrics one-by-one
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:42 am 

Warned.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 120  Next