Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Wilkun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:47 pm 

Hi,
I'm not sure if it's pointwhoring or just mindlessness, but sticks links to bandcamp with every release.
I corrected some of them but it would be good to give him a warning.
Thank you

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/ordoad

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:50 pm 

Notified. Feel free to clean up the rest of it.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:01 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Ve ... 0Valentine newb, but half his edits already deleted. adds links with "...new". maybe a friendly, "please read the rules, that's not how we do things here"?

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:08 pm 

Friendly message sent. Told him to file reports in such cases.

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:00 pm 

Recently there's been a couple annoying acts from a user by the name of Euthanasiast who continously keeps adding trivial notes like "This guy supports gay people", or "This guy supports anti-racism!" to random band and artist pages. I can understand doing this if these bands/musicians actively were part of some program that fights racism or LGBT and makes it known that they're part of such a program, but this guy literally just spams notes like this for any band or artist who makes any subtle reference to their beliefs. If some guy who played guitar in a thrash band for a week said he didn't like homophobics, I dont think he needs to have his page adorned with such a note.

Please take care of this.
https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Euthanasiast

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:02 pm 

I only saw one example in his recent modification history. Could you please provide some examples? You're correct about when such notes are appropriate to add.

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:37 am 

Midnightwards666 wrote:
I only saw one example in his recent modification history. Could you please provide some examples? You're correct about when such notes are appropriate to add.

He did the same thing to Brian Forgue’s artist entry

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:00 am 

Ok, so that's two examples. Brian Forgue's artist page and I Declare War's bandpage. Worth keeping an eye on, but it doesn't seem to have become a habit yet. I don't know where he got the information from, but the notes weren't necessarily invalid, he just should have elaborated a bit.

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:40 am 

Midnightwards666 wrote:
Ok, so that's two examples. Brian Forgue's artist page and I Declare War's bandpage. Worth keeping an eye on, but it doesn't seem to have become a habit yet. I don't know where he got the information from, but the notes weren't necessarily invalid, he just should have elaborated a bit.

Another thing he keeps doing is he keeps changing Disarticulating Extinguishment's page from "Russia" to "International" over and over again, I've changed it multiple times but he chooses to edit war.
The band FORMED in Russia, it wasn't until they acquired Ukrainian members that they branched out to multiple countries. Like dude it even SAYS that on the page itself.
Here's the history:
https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... 3540325290
I apologize I've been bringing this to attention bit-by-bit instead of listing all the disruptions collectively, but I had to recollect on all the times I've encountered unnecessary edits/changes that he makes.

EDIT: oh and btw, here's a THIRD and FOURTH account for his "this band is against racism" edit
https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... nd/id/1057
https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... 3540357966
Both revisions have been reverted since he added them. But hopefully this is enough stuff for you. He's been doing this and other disruptions a lot more than 2 times.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:30 pm 

He was sent a notice by Stormy about adding useless notes such as "This band is anti-racism", took notice and is now writing "This band supports anti-racist movement" instead. A very slight improvement, but I told him to elaborate if he wants to write stuff like that.

The Russia/International edit war is very dragged out. He seems to be changing the country once each year. You are correct that his update conflicts what's written in the additional notes. I have directed his attention here and asked him why he is changing the country.

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:01 am 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/AgeOfTheWiccans

This user is constantly point whoring. It's usaully incorrect changes to catalog numbers such as deleteting/adding a space or changing capitalization. Some of it looks like straight up guess work while other edits are going off of discogs but if you look at the pics on discogs you'll see that his changes are incorrect such as this Evilfeast release where you can see the catalog number on the spine in the discogs pic.

https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... /id/681301
https://www.discogs.com/Evilfeast-Elegi ... e/11297692

This Cradle re-issue isn't even out yet and he's already adding guess work.
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/C ... sed/795257

He added this release himself with the correct catalog number but then changed it to the incorrect version a few minutes later.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/3 ... 55//795756
https://www.discogs.com/Gore-Instinct-I ... se/4737277

untappd: patrick_g

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:02 pm 

I think the line-up was added automatically when added as an "other version", it wasn't him. I have asked him to explain his catalog number modifications here, and if he doesn't, I'll tell him to stop.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:10 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/RDS recently turned Veteran, and is using his new access to change band photos. in most cases he's combining the current lineup with an older one, which might be okay, but for mercyful fate and armored saint for example, he added an ancient lineup alone, including members deceased before this site was, or the internet for that matter...

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:15 am 

He really threw the Mercyful Fate photo back in time indeed. Warning sent.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:43 pm 

And he's still needlessly changing perfectly fine photos to way worse ones (Iced Earth and Queensrÿche, for example). I've told him to just stop messing with photos in general. If he continues, he'll likely have his veteran rank removed.

I've reverted a pretty decent chunk of his image changes, so feel free to go through his edits and revert the ones you feel aren't a good change.

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:15 pm 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
And he's still needlessly changing perfectly fine photos to way worse ones (Iced Earth and Queensrÿche, for example). I've told him to just stop messing with photos in general. If he continues, he'll likely have his veteran rank removed.

I've reverted a pretty decent chunk of his image changes, so feel free to go through his edits and revert the ones you feel aren't a good change.

Stormy, I will take care of restore everything.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:45 am 

This user : https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/A.zero/3540458606

Submits apparently fake or leleast releaseless bands from Velletri, Italy. He especially makes periodical monthly resubmissions of the band A.Zero with album Cimitero Vivente without any proofs or links, there is also on trace of the band or the album on the web. To he also always also adds two or there more bands from Velletri, apparently his projects , which only exist in his mind- Checheck also hislocation in his profile. His constant resubmissions contribute greatly to the queue being clogged up.

He has also resubmitted the band A.Zero under modified names, as A.0or A/Zro and A:Zero.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:45 pm 

Banned.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:50 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/celioazevedo probably well-meaning newb, but check all the fields in https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/1 ... tos/800065 (I didn't fix them so you can see em as he added them)

///

ThStealthP wrote:
Stormy, I will take care of restore everything.

have you / will you?

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:27 pm 

Friendly message sent. They can be fixed now.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:18 pm 

done. thanks :)

cepit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:22 pm 

It's point-whoring i think. Give it check. A Metal Demon did.
https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... /id/743252
https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... /id/779850

TvvrAskesis
Marathon Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:59 am 

cepit wrote:

He also changes "Japan" to "Japan edition" and he adds "Brazil edition" to some albums...

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:20 pm 

TvvrAskesis wrote:
cepit wrote:

He also changes "Japan" to "Japan edition" and he adds "Brazil edition" to some albums...

On which albums ? To fix it.

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:26 pm 

cepit wrote:

A friendly message to him, in my opinion would be more than perfect.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:01 pm 

Please STOP giving you opinion on matters that are aimed at mods and mods only. You're trying way too hard, boy.
We'll take care of him shortly.

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:37 pm 

PaganiusI wrote:
Please STOP giving you opinion on matters that are aimed at mods and mods only. You're trying way too hard, boy.
We'll take care of him shortly.

Hey man, calm down. You don't think your hand went a little there? This thread is for everyone or at least I thought so.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:42 pm 

ThStealthP wrote:
Hey man, calm down. You don't think your hand went a little there? This thread is for everyone or at least I thought so.

This thread is for DENOUNCING pointwhores, vandals, and other wrongdoers, NOT for users giving their opinion about how mods should handle things. STOP it already.

PaganiusI is in the right here, kiddo. Cut it out already.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:49 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
ThStealthP wrote:

This thread is for DENOUNCING pointwhores, vandals, and other wrongdoers, NOT for users giving their opinion about how mods should handle things. STOP it already.

PaganiusI is in the right here, kiddo. Cut it out already.

Hey, OpsiusCato, honestly with all the humility of te world, I apologize, I really didn't really know that. No hard feelings!

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:25 pm 

TvvrAskesis wrote:
cepit wrote:

The first modification is unnecessary but it appears to be a one-off exception rather than a habit. Not going to bother notifying him about one harmless but useless update that happened 3 months ago. I don't see anything wrong with the second modification if it's reissued with a copy limitation. Yes, adding ''edition'' is redundant. ''Japan'' is sufficient.

EDIT: After a closer look at his modifications it turns out it's not the exception. I saw a few more.
https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... /id/783311

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:47 pm 

Deri dropped him to 10k points from whatever he was at before.

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:08 pm 

Dear Moderators,
You removed 7000 points because I added an "edition" word for few releases as a "Japan" or "Brazil" edition or change CD-R, Limited edition to one specific order "Limited edition, CD-R"! I just wanted everything to be clearer! It's an Unfair Judgement.
Since 2007 I've been here even before some Moderators and tried to keep contributing to this site with other users. I spent most of my time here and checked out most metal sites to get the latest information for adding here. But unfortunately, you didn't see my efforts into adding/editing bands, albums, other versions, report duplicate entry... and I think it's very unfair to me, to my efforts and the time I spent! I don't think I'll have anything to do here.
Thank you all

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:39 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... and/id/150

User seems to be up to something.

BEGRAVEMENT - 'Horrific Illusions Beckon' out now!

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:23 pm 

What? The number of edits he's making? I think he's just editing the various album versions, doesn't look like point-whoring to me.

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:36 pm 

God, he changed the accurate year of the split-up in Via Mistica for one no accurate, speculatively just based on a 2016 publication:
https://www.metal-archives.com/users/FOrbIDen

Conversation mine and of the band:
https://paste.pics/6UXY6

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:40 am 

It certainly came across from that post that the band activity ended in 2016 though. Why did you remove the band biography?

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:56 am 

Midnightwards666 wrote:
It certainly came across from that post that the band activity ended in 2016 though. Why did you remove the band biography?

Because there are bands that are separated, in their social networks they have a lot of activity, as in the case of Depressed Mode, in addition to that when I contacted the band, the same band told me that they separated in 2011. In addition to that he did it speculatively based on a publication, without contacting the band first.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:12 am 

Right, this is not the most straightforward case. I still really don't see why you thought nuking the biography was a good idea - it contained crucial information. Whether or not 2016 is the year that activity ended, it is the year the band confirmed their cessation. That is useful information which should stay on the page. I also looked at previous posts on their Facebook, and the first sentence which you also nuked was perfectly valid.

The information you have been given seems quite contradictory to what's on their page. Did they have intentions to continue making music and touring years after 2011 but the intentions didn't go as planned? Either way, I'm not going to warn or even notify the user about this. He didn't break any rule at all, he just made a possibly very slight error at the very worst outcome.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:06 am 

Submitted some pills for treatment of erectile dysfunction as a band:
https://www.himsedpills.com/product/vid ... g-tablet/h
https://www.metal-archives.com/users/almastep

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:34 am 

Banned, but in general, there's no need to report band submissions here. The purpose of this thread is to make us aware of point-whores/vandals we might not have otherwise noticed... and, band submissions appear in a moderation queue. We're more likely to see the submission first than a post in this thread.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 120  Next