Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Storm of the Light's Bane
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:16 pm
Posts: 624
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:21 pm 
 

Will be banned shorty.

EDIT: He's gone.
_________________
BastardHead wrote:
RakdosWarlord wrote:
So are any tracks available yet for listening?


Yeah there are actually four albums' worth of preview tracks dating back to 2010.

Top
 Profile  
Quorthallis
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:40 am
Posts: 5
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:07 pm 
 

There seems to be some whitewashing in case of the band Zvijer, especially in case of this member https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/S.A./3911 . I provided his real name based on official sources, but it was removed over and over again. I also provided his official Instagram https://www.instagram.com/knjaz.316/ as evidence, but it was removed alongside his real name. There is no mod warning on his artist entry, so I thought maybe the user is a band member, but judging by his information I don't think that is the case https://www.metal-archives.com/users/delcev903 .

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 9805
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:27 pm 
 

Looks like it's okay to add the name, but I've asked delcev903 to comment here. Let's wait for that until taking any further actions.
_________________
Da Däéfö schlåft nèd. || Last.fm | Discogs | Goodreads | BOINC - Compute for science!

Top
 Profile  
delcev903
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Macedonia (FYROM)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:28 am 
 

It's not a whitewashing...
Like first, it is not a reality show so you can put peoples Instagrams or Facebook. That is a private thing, they are not official sites, but private. The guy is my friend, and he dont want his Instagram to be related with his music "career".
Second, the name...He had some problems similar like this band because the anti-islamic lyrics: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Si ... 3540298578. You say "official sources". Well official sources are booklets, line-up names..He never uses his name because of this issue.
Third, I am not a fucking pointwhore, I am member of this site 13-14 years and I have 31.000 points..that speaks a lot...

Top
 Profile  
Quorthallis
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:40 am
Posts: 5
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:05 am 
 

delcev903 wrote:
It's not a whitewashing...
Like first, it is not a reality show so you can put peoples Instagrams or Facebook. That is a private thing, they are not official sites, but private. The guy is my friend, and he dont want his Instagram to be related with his music "career".
Second, the name...He had some problems similar like this band because the anti-islamic lyrics: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Si ... 3540298578. You say "official sources". Well official sources are booklets, line-up names..He never uses his name because of this issue.
Third, I am not a fucking pointwhore, I am member of this site 13-14 years and I have 31.000 points..that speaks a lot...

No one is saying that you are a pointwhore, I just wondered what is going on about is. I agree, maybe this is not a thread where this should be addressed, but I don't know which one is. If you are a friend of his it's ok, now that the circumstances are known, mods can put a warning for that page, so that no one else may add his name. I thought it was whitewashing because the names of live members were removed, but they weren't removed again, so it doesn't matter. Keep up the good work!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 9805
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:27 am 
 

delcev903 wrote:
he dont want his Instagram to be related with his music "career".

Well, in that case he is going about it quite poorly, since the profile literally says "founder and vocalist of band ZVIJER".

EDIT: I have re-added the name. He makes no apparent effort to disguise his involvement with the band on his various social media pages. The connection is clear. There is also this. Please do not remove it again.
_________________
Da Däéfö schlåft nèd. || Last.fm | Discogs | Goodreads | BOINC - Compute for science!

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
cisgender

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 7814
Location: Spahn Ranch
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:46 pm 
 

Next time the rules I updated I suggest adding the above issue. Simple rule: Don't add private social media stuff of an artist if he/she doesn't connect it to the band, add private social media stuff if he/she clearly does.
_________________
https://entkunstete.blogspot.com/ - Logos & art

Top
 Profile  
mjollnir
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:14 pm
Posts: 1827
Location: Versailles, PA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:00 pm 
 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/anmar09

Added the wrong lyrics to the new Iron Savior song. Used lyrics from The Savior off of The Landing. Fixed it.
_________________
Diamhea wrote:
TrooperEd wrote:
Edit: fuck it this whole thing is bait anyway.


Like your reviews?

Top
 Profile  
Antioch
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1277
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:36 am 
 

There's an open report (http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/666907) but I'd like to request DallasKillerWhale's (DKW) comment here. DKW's a member of Skelteria and he's recently deleted three artists from the band's page claiming that they're no longer considered ex-members.

CHRIS WISE
Chris Wise was added by DKW in 2011:
https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Chris_Wise/6715

KIM SHANK
This Facebook post says that Kim Shank left Skelteria:
Spoiler: show
https://www.facebook.com/skelteria/posts/961965590512464?__xts__[0]=68.ARDXsr_9VTZxAf2j5_cdtfSvuJ3zNrxRWSwIZiKKW8mJQW7dQi40BiYro6ng4KF4yLZQx_rvVuJA5dFq0wuDJU3fPcEiyVeyniiVwOeA7KrkPHgjZBeziM788rpWrxyk6uHFAX60VvHB36NIWQhfxpDxIAl4LmpsBmVHfLdhQ498AJL2raL2FuaAlrC1-wzyJDJUwr53gAZO6PViyei0NXidta4WM36aLvdwoRPDcVp9Uo6GpybTdqiGpFYkuecL5eHjF2ktwMV7E_eN9-nyb3v2iwjle3GQnsCQXTbuvfHTOQztjbpAYPWvuLdSZErCL6uuRt-HYzhGhmyCvJU&__tn__=-R
So, she/he must've been a member.

ANDY BRATTON
DKW filed those reports back in the day:
- https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/308935 ("Andy Bratton on bass". Sounds like a member to me. No?)
- https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/348535 ("Andy Bratton not active", yet back then it was still OK to keep him as a past member. How come?)

This looks like whitewashing to me, and it's sad that a metal freak would do that - band member or not.
_________________
❝I ᴡɪʟʟ sʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇᴀʀ ɪɴ ᴀ ʜᴀɴᴅғᴜʟ ᴏғ ᴅᴜsᴛ.❞
Iᴛᴇᴍs ғᴏʀ sᴀʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴄᴀsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛᴇᴅ.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: waxwolfofficial and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group