Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Maylight_On
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:03 pm 

Might it be possible to have a link from a forum user's name directly to their site profile, that people can use without logging in?

Sometime I see the name of a poster and I wonder if they have any new reviews up, or sometimes just want to check their site profile to possibly get an idea of what kinda metal they're into.

If I want to see reviews now, I need to either dig up my old credentials (not worth it), or go to the main site and type the users name into the search box.

Since the site profile information isn't hidden, what do ya'll think about a quick link from forum to site profile?

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:19 pm 

Do you mean an ability to view forum profiles without logging in? All users already have a link to their site profile on their forum account (although nothing the other way round), you click the hyperlinked text "Anon's profile" next to the contact information. Obviously, if you're not logged in, you won't be able to see the link as forum profiles are only visible to registered and logged in users. I don't think such an addition would do any harm, however, given the amount of pain required to log in, I wouldn't say this is likely to be the most demanded feature.

Maylight_On
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:03 pm 

"All users already have a link to their site profile on their forum account" As anon, I can't get to the forum account.

And it's not huge at all. But I don't save cookies or form data, and anyways I think I get a new computer more often than I actually post anything here. So, I'd like it a lot, and it may be easy?

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:25 pm 

Fair enough. I don't even know if it's possible, this forum is powered by phpBB.

Reply to topic