Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Count_Grishnackh1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:12 pm 

Hello, my report to request removal of personal info has been closed three times with no clear justification or chance to comment on it - the report is here:

https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/656655

Rule 2 in the FAQ applies directly here and I am not even asking to nuke my info, just anonymize it.

Storm of the Light's Bane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:26 pm 

Your name is literally credited for ALL credits on your artist page. Not a single one has any alias at all. We remove names ONLY if the name has NEVER been used. Putting Venus Blue's bandcamp page in wayback machine even shows that your actual name was credited. Not too hard to understand.
Whatever. I don't care if you include that band actually - I already know you won't and no amount of discussion can influence your decision, because you're closed to any information/opinions of others - you just don't have an open mind.

Count_Grishnackh1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:29 pm 

This is why I am reporting it though - this information exists only on this website and I would like it removed. I don't know why this was added.

Storm of the Light's Bane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:32 pm 

"I don't know why this was added."
Well, probably because of the fact that your name was undeniably used on at least one past release? https://web.archive.org/web/20151227143 ... dcamp.com/
Whatever. I don't care if you include that band actually - I already know you won't and no amount of discussion can influence your decision, because you're closed to any information/opinions of others - you just don't have an open mind.

Count_Grishnackh1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:33 pm 

You can leave it on Venus Blue if you refuse to alter it, but I don't know if you will find links to the other band. It looks like a user named "MutantClannfear" made this connection.

Though that being said, your rule is very clear "Your real name is unknown to the public, as you are a) credited with an alias on the album(s) you appear on, and b) your band(s)'s official website, Myspace, Facebook, etc. does not list your name or information."

That is using present language - I had it removed elsewhere, so the statement is correct.

HellBlazer
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:59 pm 

Let's not argue the semantics of it... The spirit of the rule is that if the name was made public by an official source in the past (which it was), it's public information and will remain on the site. We do have a feature to prevent Google and the like from indexing your name in connection with this site. As Storm of the Light's Bane mentioned in reports, this has been enabled for your artist page, so once Google updates its indexes, your name should not come up in search results anymore, which should serve to make it hard to find.

Count_Grishnackh1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:14 am 

Ok, that is probably fine... but while I don't really want to argue semantics and will concede that Venus Blue is linked, I think the link to the other band is that I submitted it with my account and my friend used my name in his review which I did not want to happen

Reply to topic