Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
NIMBUS666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:43 pm 

I submitted the band Neurotoxico from Guatemala, I think they are enough Thrash Metal /Crossover and they released a physical released in 2011. http://neurotoxico.bandcamp.com/.
But they are now blacklisted and I think they should be in this Web.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:16 pm 

Yeah, I think this is acceptable Crossover... Unblacklisted
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:55 am 

Stratovarius Shadowlord wrote:
What about this one?
http://www.jamendo.com/de/list/a120070/slow-water
I haven't listened to all of their albums, but the ones I have sound like metal to me.
What genre would it fall under if it's not metal?

According to the blacklist it's more electronic than metal. But if they have 8 full-length albums, it's indeed possible one of them qualifies... I don't know if a moderator has listened to them all.

ashesofman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:23 am 

Why is Tombs blacklisted? They play atmospheric sludge/post-metal. Is whoever blacklisted calling them hardcore or something? If so, they've really got it all wrong.

Also, Annorkoth should be in the database. I know you guys have gone over this with Annorkoth himself, but I wanted to lend my voice to his. His music is instrumental atmospheric black metal/shoegaze.

I'm more concerned about Tombs than Annorkoth in terms of a response, though.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:31 am 

Tombs don't have much metal riffing. Call it whatever you wish, but it's not predominantly metal. Riffless post-metal, atmospheric hardcore. Same principle as stoner rock, where thick, distorted production doesn't make it metal when there's no metal riffing, just chugging and tremolo picking dissonant chords.

Annorkoth are ambient, aka "I can't believe it's not black metal!". You know we've been over this one, unless there is drastically different new material, it's not really worth bringing it up.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:36 am 

Tombs' latest album was discussed over a year and a half ago or so and while it's a step into the "right" direction we arrived at the consensus that it's not quite there yet considering the rest of their discography. Zodi's got it.

Annorkoth is most definitely not metal. Ambient with some shrieking and atmospheric guitars.

ashesofman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:33 pm 

Quote:
"I can't believe it's not black metal!"

LOL! I disagree, but it's not worth the argument.

I am listening to Tombs' Winter Hours right now, and there is metal riffing similar to every other song I've heard on tracks 2 and 3so far. There's nothing I can do if you guys say that it's not metal, but I really don't know what they could be otherwise. Track 4 just began, and the entire first minute is metallic riffing. I don't play guitar so I guess maybe I'm hearing it wrong...

ashesofman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:36 pm 

Sorry for the double post, but have you considered making the blacklist reasons publicly available? It would definitely reduce the number of posts here and save you all time.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:39 pm 

Not going to happen, would likely just result in more complaining about however bands were labeled there. The majority of the time a band isn't on the site, it's because it isn't metal, and arguments are not going to change that, only new information.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 pm 

Not gonna happen. It would almost certainly increase the amount of needless whining. There's really no need. Users can see that a band is blacklisted, if they're particularly interested/perplexed as to how then they can post here and we respond.

EDIT: Err yeah, what the other guy said.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:44 pm 

@Stratovarius Shadowlord: The initial submitter of Forgenheim provided 2-3 albums he considered to be the metal ones and they were reviewed by several mods over a longer period of time (it was rotting in the queue for quite a while, no one wanted to touch it :P ). Morrigan and I (and also Derigin, I think) in the end decided that it's more of an electronic project with some folk/black metal-influenced releases, but it's really a very borderline case. Some of those releases were infuriatingly dodgy.

I'll take a look at the stuff released since the previous rejection when I can.

ashesofman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:54 pm 

Okay, well thank you both for your time.

azurica
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:50 pm 

I got an email, that the band azurica was rejected because of no valid release.
So I read your rules and I could not find anything wrong. A EP was released on April 11th 2013. You can see on the website http://www.azurica.de and order it there. There you also can hear parts of the songs.
You wrote, there is no evidence of a release. How do you want me to proof? Do you wanna see the bill of the CD factory? Here is a picture of a very small part of the copies Image

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:04 pm 

azurica wrote:
I got an email, that the band azurica was rejected because of no valid release.
So I read your rules and I could not find anything wrong. A EP was released on April 11th 2013. You can see on the website http://www.azurica.de and order it there. There you also can hear parts of the songs.
You wrote, there is no evidence of a release. How do you want me to proof? Do you wanna see the bill of the CD factory? Here is a picture of a very small part of the copies Image

That's good, you can resubmit. Please put a link to that picture and a link to some samples of the music in the "submission notes" field, thanks.

azurica
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:07 pm 

OK, thanks, I'll do that.

Hellricker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:22 am 

Hello, I have made ​​a mistake in the genre of sonorous noise and the band is now on the blacklist. Please listen up in the link and think again about your decision. best regards rick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkDKcgReIRM

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:36 am 

Hellricker wrote:
Hello, I have made ​​a mistake in the genre of sonorous noise and the band is now on the blacklist. Please listen up in the link and think again about your decision. best regards rick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkDKcgReIRM

I've checked the four songs on their Myspace and my first impression is that it's more based in groovy hardcore than death metal. I didn't originally reject and blacklist the band, but I'm inclined to agree with whoever did. Bands aren't judged based on whatever's in the genre field, they are judged based on their actual musical output. As such, there was no mistake on your or anyone's part. The band's currently released material is simply not metal enough by our standards.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:26 am 

About Forgenheim... Yeah, I gave two new releases a semi-cursory listen and I'm not convinced. This doesn't sound that different from the previously reviewed material. Metal elements and all and the influence is undeniable, but it's just so unbelievably bland and neutered. More like electronic rock trying to be folk metal in most cases, one song sounded like Rammstein covering Equilibrium, for crying out loud. No offense, but this guy couldn't write a decent riff to save his life. :/

But I don't want to write them off entirely on my own, so I'll probably ask some other mods for their opinions.

Manic Maniac
Grammaritically Challengated

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:10 pm 

Why is Y&T black listed? Has anyone listened to the album "Facemelter"?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:28 pm 

I own a few Y&T records, they're hard rock.

Manic Maniac
Grammaritically Challengated

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:43 pm 

Is FaceMelter one of them? They sound very Power Metal to me.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:51 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn96GfW5C4c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOYRSSb3GC0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7xLsxszg18

They have some metal elements, but that's still more hard rock in my opinion. Definitely not power metal, that's for sure.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:56 pm 

Agreed. Metallic 80's hard rock.

DaNiaL
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:31 pm 

hi, i'll remove youtube link from Despond Womb page, how ?

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:56 pm 

DaNiaL wrote:
hi, i'll remove youtube link from Despond Womb page, how ?

You need veteran status (1000< points) before you're able to delete any links yourself. I've already deleted it though as it was not band specific and it belonged on the artist page.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:22 pm 

Wrong thread. Next time please just use the report function if you can't make an edit yourself.

todesengel_hell
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:45 pm 

Why is "Headwound the Pony" blacklisted? They seem to be deathcore mostly rooted in death metal. They just released their debut full-length (digital-only right now) on 12 Apr with the physical copies being shipped on 3 May. Please see below link for proof of release and audio samples.

http://totaldeathcore.bandcamp.com/albu ... -of-misery

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:45 pm 

They were rejected in September for being more -core than metal. I skimmed through their just released debut, and I'm hearing plenty of -core breakdowns. I will have a more thorough listen when I am able to tonight.

Viper50
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:49 am 

I recently tried submitting the band Trollkraftt and it said that you needed samples of the music to confirm that it is metal.
So...here ya go.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:32 am 

Viper50: You can resubmit, please include that in the submission notes.

Viper50
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:41 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Viper50: You can resubmit, please include that in the submission notes.

Oh. Well...never mind then.

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Annorkoth is most definitely not metal. Ambient with some shrieking and atmospheric guitars.

And drums? Are you forgetting one of the most important parts of heavy metal music? I think the fact that there are real recorded drums definitely puts a project like Annorkoth more in the category of metal music than electronic music. There is so much more to ambient music than just layers of atmosphere and keyboards, you know. So many elements typical of ambient music are missing from this, and many elements present are quite atypical of ambient.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:22 am 

IdiotFlesh wrote:
And drums? Are you forgetting one of the most important parts of heavy metal music? I think the fact that there are real recorded drums definitely puts a project like Annorkoth more in the category of metal music than electronic music.

I am legitimately unsure if this is sarcasm. :|

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:30 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
IdiotFlesh wrote:
And drums? Are you forgetting one of the most important parts of heavy metal music? I think the fact that there are real recorded drums definitely puts a project like Annorkoth more in the category of metal music than electronic music.

I am legitimately unsure if this is sarcasm. :|

It's not. The style of drumming in Annorkoth's music isn't anything like what you hear from synthesized drums in any electronic music, ESPECIALLY ambient music, where a consistent drum beat with an identifiable tempo is hard to come by at all.

MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:47 am 

You might want to take a look at this: http://www.last.fm/tag/downtempo
Quote:
Downtempo (or Downbeat) is a laid-back electronic music style similar to ambient music, but usually with a beat or groove unlike the beatless forms of Ambient music.

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:49 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
You might want to take a look at this: http://www.last.fm/tag/downtempo
Quote:
Downtempo (or Downbeat) is a laid-back electronic music style similar to ambient music, but usually with a beat or groove unlike the beatless forms of Ambient music.

You literally proved my point with that part that says "the beatless forms of ambient music". I know what downtempo is, but that's not what's being discussed.

MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:51 am 

My point was rather that if you're so insistent that ambient music must lack a beat to be considered such, then perhaps the band being discussed (who I'm not familiar with, mind you) would instead be classified as "downtempo" to an electronica connoisseur.

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:54 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
My point was rather that if you're so insistent that ambient music must lack a beat to be considered such, then perhaps the band being discussed (who I'm not familiar with, mind you) would instead be classified as "downtempo" to an electronica connoisseur.

Perhaps, but it's really the acoustic drums and especially the style of their performance that separates it from something like downtempo. Drums are as essential to the sound of metal as guitars.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:03 am 

IdiotFlesh, one of the defining attributes that is required for a band to be considered metal by the site is the prevalent use of metal riffing. Annorkoth is lacking in that regard. So maybe it's not your archetypical ambient/electronic band, but I can tell you that we do not consider it to be a metal project either.

Odiumaniac
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:15 am 

ALEXANDER GLAVNIY - Without Waste Words - CD (Archaic Sound) 2013

Without Waste Words is first instrumental solo-album by Alexander Glavniy, who is a mastermind of Ukrainian Funeral Doom Death Metal Ceremony AUTUMNIA and well known for his work in MOURNFUL GUST and VAE SOLIS. This album is a journey to unknown place of human mind and soul, where extreme metal meets with immortality of classical music.

Bandcamp: http://archaic-sound.bandcamp.com/album ... aste-words

What this if it's not metal music??????????????

Sorry Odiumaniac, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Alexander Glavniy (Ukraine), for the following reason:

Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum. Please read (or re-read) our rules next time to see what qualifies as metal.

If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the Suggestions and Complaints sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this.

Sincerely,
- Azmodes, Encyclopaedia Metallum

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207 ... 541  Next