Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 am 

Oreri, I've restored your band. 17.5 minutes is a tad bit on the short-side for an EP, but the music is very well-produced... I can tell it was professionally recorded.

Wolfhead wrote:
Why Cthulhu Rites (Poland) is blacklisted? The band changed the name from Cthulhu Rises (this one is in archive) to Cthulhu Rites and under the newest name has released mcd in this month via Witches Sabbath Records. No doubt it's Black Metal...

According to the blacklist, Cthulhu Rites is blacklisted because it's mostly ambient with some moments of black metal. It's possible they took a more ambient-driven direction after the name change. I wouldn't know, as I wasn't the moderator who blacklisted them, but it was blacklisted last December, so the mod who blacklisted them had no doubt surveyed any material released prior to then.

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:35 am 

I seriously feel this band should be checked again once!
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Iterate/3540362687

It was rejected by Azmodes. I want some answers from the moderator team.
1. Has Azmodes consulted other moderators before rejecting my entry? If No, then I want other moderators to follow up.
2. And also I want to know whats the criteria behind the rejection?

Samples :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BQWcjzeErs

Sincerely,
The_Black_Priest

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:56 am 

TBP, this music was rejected and blacklisted because it's djent/metalcore. And listening to the samples, I fully agree with Azmodes's assessment. He was right to blacklist them.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:42 pm 

Also, if mommy says no, don't go asking daddy hoping he'll say yes. We do communicate with one another, and it makes you look like a tool when you do it. Disagreeing and bringing it up here is one thing, that's what the thread is for, but just up and going "This guy rejected it, so I want somebody else who clearly isn't as stupid/biased/much of a big meaniehead to look at it instead" is just incredibly lame.

EDIT: And for what it's worth, I also agree with the rejection for the same reasons Al gave.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:46 pm 

I'm surprised you would even submit that, you're experienced enough with the site that you should know how far that is from the type of stuff we accept.

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 pm 

@Alhadis - Fair enough. Thank you. I just enquired because I had a doubt in my mind. :)

@Bastardhead - Cool down man. Don't need to show me that brash and arrogant attitude. I had a doubt, hence I bought the case up. And now I guess you will ask what's the doubt? The doubt is I feel I am not capable enough to judge this band's genre.

@Zodijackyl - Don't be surprised man. I am a human after all. I am prone to errors too. As I told Bastardhead, I feel I am not capable to judge such genre's. Hence, I submitted it and took a chance. :)

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:26 pm 

In short all I wanted was a Technical Reason behind the rejection of this band, so that in future I can submit such bands with proper judgement.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:22 pm 

Nagaarum wrote:

Downloaded the split and my first impressions of the Nagaarum songs are:
Track 1: Atmospheric doom metal.
Track 2: First half is ambient, second half is doom metal heavily diluted by ambient.
Track 3: Ambient interlude.
Track 4: Droning, simplistic doom/ambient.

...which is not a predominantly metal release. And only a split anyway, we usually require a clearcut metal full-length album.

MinusJ
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:40 pm 

Hello everybody!

The band “Graves in Autumn” has been rejected for the following reason:

"We need proof of distribution of the music - the "shop" page on their website is broken, so that's not sufficient."

I am afraid, that the moderator looked at the homepage last Sunday – when the shop was offline/broken because of improvements in the order form. Now it works again – can I re-submit it without changes?
Or is the reason for the rejection that the shop is not “amazon”-like enough?;) It’s only a very simple shop – but the album can be ordered world-wide;)
Here is a link to the shop: http://www.gravesinautumn.de

Thanks for your help!
best regards,
MinusJ

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:44 pm 

Why was Apocynthion from Spain blacklisted? Perhaps it was because a lack of a full length, but they just released one.
http://apocynthion.bandcamp.com/album/sidereus-nuncius

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:36 pm 

They're more post rock/shoegaze than metal but I wouldn't mind a third opinion, mine is still "nay" though. I checked the whole album by the way, before you ask. When it's heavy, I don't think the riffs are metal...

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:32 pm 

MinusJ wrote:
Hello everybody!

The band “Graves in Autumn” has been rejected for the following reason:

"We need proof of distribution of the music - the "shop" page on their website is broken, so that's not sufficient."

I am afraid, that the moderator looked at the homepage last Sunday – when the shop was offline/broken because of improvements in the order form. Now it works again – can I re-submit it without changes?
Or is the reason for the rejection that the shop is not “amazon”-like enough?;) It’s only a very simple shop – but the album can be ordered world-wide;)
Here is a link to the shop: http://www.gravesinautumn.de

Thanks for your help!
best regards,
MinusJ

Entering info on that page returns an error, and I don't see anything about methods of payment. The shop page also doesn't use a checkout interface that I'm familiar with.

This picture does seem to be good, but if you could take a picture of a box of the CDs or a pile/stack of them, that would also be sufficient.
http://www.gravesinautumn.de/images/jenseits.jpg

Crossover
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:13 pm 

Just posting saying the last 2 Shining (nor) albums are pretty metallic.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:11 pm 

Alright guys, if you're not a mod (red or orange named individual) OR an individual asking us a question about a band, DO NOT reply to anyone in this thread or say stuff like "I agree with X" or "Yeah, that's pretty metallic."

We consider that a form of mini-modding, and we may ban you if you persist.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:24 pm 

ThePoop wrote:
Why was Apocynthion from Spain blacklisted? Perhaps it was because a lack of a full length, but they just released one.
http://apocynthion.bandcamp.com/album/sidereus-nuncius

Sounds like post-rock to me, I don't hear any metal guitar riffing in there. Not at all metal, the distorted/growled sections are basically the same thing as the clean sections but with growls and distortion as an aesthetic, there aren't any metal riffs in there.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:50 am 

Crossover wrote:
Just posting saying the last 2 Shining (nor) albums are pretty metallic.

Listened to them both... sorry mate. The music is mostly jazz fusion with metallic elements, rather than the other way around.

Wolfhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:32 am 

Wolfhead wrote:
Why Cthulhu Rites (Poland) is blacklisted? The band changed the name from Cthulhu Rises (this one is in archive) to Cthulhu Rites and under the newest name has released mcd in this month via Witches Sabbath Records. No doubt it's Black Metal...

Alhadis wrote:
According to the blacklist, Cthulhu Rites is blacklisted because it's mostly ambient with some moments of black metal. It's possible they took a more ambient-driven direction after the name change. I wouldn't know, as I wasn't the moderator who blacklisted them, but it was blacklisted last December, so the mod who blacklisted them had no doubt surveyed any material released prior to then.

Strange thing, I have whole material (not this sample on internet) and it's normal Black Metal with keyboards in my opinion. Guitar riffs per all track, blackish screams etc. No idea why the moderator described it as Ambient!

TRADE LIST: viewtopic.php?p=953460#p953460
WANT LIST: viewtopic.php?p=2545473#p2545473

bludgeoner10
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:47 am 

Hello,

I was just wondering if the band I Magnified was blacklisted from the website for being to core. If not, then what was the reason? Thanks.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:24 am 

Quote:
Strange thing, I have whole material (not this sample on internet) and it's normal Black Metal with keyboards in my opinion. Guitar riffs per all track, blackish screams etc. No idea why the moderator described it as Ambient!

I've directed the mod's attention to this thread, maybe he can explain more.

bludgeoner10 wrote:
I was just wondering if the band I Magnified was blacklisted from the website for being to core. If not, then what was the reason? Thanks.

Yes, they were blacklisted for being too -core.

Let me just say (and this goes out to EVERYBODY)... if a band is blacklisted and you suspect it's because they're not metal, 99% of the time, that WILL be the case. There's no point in bloating this thread with questions you already half-know the answer to.

niuskb
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:18 am 

Alhadis, you said to resubmit Deadspawn. It got rejected again.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:53 am 

niuskb wrote:
Alhadis, you said to resubmit Deadspawn. It got rejected again.

Oh derp, that was over a month ago and I completely forgot. :lol: Sorry, resubmit. :p

Nevermind, I force accepted it. ;)

endderi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:30 am 

why is extreme decay (indonesia) blacklisted? their genre is grindcore..they released 2 full album, and many split album..
I cant say how many coz Im not their loyal fans..but in this case they are appreciated by Indonesian metal scene..coz of their split album with many band outside from our coutry..especially europe..and yesterday the played in obscene extreme asia..

so whats the problem??you can hear their song here
http://www.reverbnation.com/extremedecay

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:37 am 

Blacklisted by Witcher for being punk-based grind. I have to agree, based on those songs.

endderi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:45 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Blacklisted by Witcher for being punk-based grind. I have to agree, based on those songs.

ohhh..I see..
so thats the problem..it makes me confuse for a past months why the hell a grindcore band arent registered in here..

well thnx for the answers
respec!! \m/

Malediktum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:02 pm 

Hi! I was added band called "Dejuvenation" (Russia) and it was been blacklisted. The reason: "Not metal band". Genre was titled as "progressive death metal". This band have demo released as CD-r, but this demo have only 2 tracks as "progressive death" and 2 tracks (intro+outro) as "space ambient". I found the reason in it.
But, recently (April 2013), this band finished work under the full-length album. This album is released as web-release in the meanwhile, but you can listen all songs from album in "Audio" on VK official page or Soundcloud. Genre on the album is voiced as progressive metal + death metal. Listen: http://vk.com/dejuvenation or http://soundcloud.com/dejuvenation to make certain in "metalness" (except tracks 1 & 6).
If band have demo as physical release (but "not enough metalness") and have full-length with evident "metalness" (but not released as physical release and as digital release for official downloading), can I add this band again?
Thanks.

literamaniac91
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:11 pm 

Actively confused as to why Iron Reagan is blacklisted, wouldn't they be admissible under the side-project rule regardless of how 'metal' you think they sound (which in my opinion would be plenty, band is basically straight crossover thrash) and if the sticking point is that it sounds more like hardcore than it does metal, then you probably don't listen to much hardcore cuz this sounds significantly more like '80s thrash than it does any hardcore band (unless that hardcore band is D.R.I., in which case, see '80s thrash comment)

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:39 pm 

literamaniac91 wrote:
Actively confused as to why Iron Reagan is blacklisted, wouldn't they be admissible under the side-project rule regardless of how 'metal' you think they sound (which in my opinion would be plenty, band is basically straight crossover thrash) and if the sticking point is that it sounds more like hardcore than it does metal, then you probably don't listen to much hardcore cuz this sounds significantly more like '80s thrash than it does any hardcore band (unless that hardcore band is D.R.I., in which case, see '80s thrash comment)

Removed them from the blacklist. You can add it, or I can add it to go with my habit of updating everything related to Darkest Hour :P

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:41 pm 

We have the approval of Az as a valid side project. Assuming they have a valid release, they are indeed acceptable under the side project rule. I'll take them off the blacklist then.

EDIT: Damn that was a sneaky edit Zodi! You have to have beaten me by like three seconds!
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:30 am 

why are Treponem Pal blacklisted?

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:55 am 

There's no reason mentioned in the blacklist for Treponem Pal. Do they play a borderline style? When did they have their first valid releases? If you can answer these questions, you can actually probably yourself figure out which one it is.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:08 am 

As far as I remember, Treponem Pal is more industrial than metal, but feel free to prove me wrong.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:01 am 

guys, I'm not arguing, just asking out of curiosity... they have valid releases since the 90s (I have them on vinyl), and they're industrial-ish, but riffy enough. plenty of material on youtube, if anyone wants to work out exactly how borderline they are :)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:34 am 

Their 2008 album "Weird Machine" is more heavy industrial/rock than metal IMO, though I wouldn't be particularly "offended" if someone called it industrial metal. I don't know their other stuff.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:46 pm 

I was only aware of their 90s material, didn't know they had reunited until last night, thus I thought of looking them up here, and they weren't, etc, etc. If a moderator has the time to reconsider their metalness, they can start here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TREPONEMPAL ... &flow=grid

Alex_Carnifex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:57 pm 

The band Oceano has been blacklisted.

I completely understand the need to blacklist some "core" bands, but I constantly see bands on here that are mostly hardcore/br00talc0re than metal.
Oceano is basically a grindcore/deathgrind outfit from Chicago, Illinois that made some lineup changes and became a heavy deathcore band. The band's heaviness and vocal talent is similar to that of Whitechapel and Dying Fetus. A lot of people I know even call them "Blackchapel" on account of their African-American vocalist, Adam Warren.
I know for a fact that Whitechapel is on here, rightfully, and I would like to politely ask that Oceano not be blacklisted. There are plenty of mediocre core bands that have been aloud on here, so it makes sense that one of the best ones should be, too.

Please consider this,
-Alex Carnifex

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:58 pm 

Oceano are primarily hardcore and don't have metal riffs, so they won't be included on the metal archives.

Alex_Carnifex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:23 pm 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tJgrIQHkw8

Their basis is obviously grind, not hardcore punk.
Last time I checked excessive blast beats was metallic.
You can't tell me that those vocals are hardcore.
Just because their tuning isn't standard, doesn't mean that their dueling minor key tonality does not count.
I sense some bias.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:39 pm 

Even if Oceano were based in grind and not hardcore/deathcore (which is a ridiculous claim), grindcore is not a metal subgenre in and of itself. It, too, is based in hardcore punk and only becomes metal-influenced once it's mixed with death metal. Blast beats, a drumming technique which arguably was introduced to extreme music through grindcore, are therefore not a telltale element of metal influence by themselves.

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:17 pm 

Alex_Carnifex wrote:
I sense some bias.

What bias would that be? Only the grindcore bands which are considered metal enough are accepted. What is metal enough is something where opinions often differ, but that's life.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:46 pm 

As a guy who's from the Chicago area, who's seen Oceano grow and explode in popularity, who's been inundated with fans from all around due to local celebrity, I can attest 100% that they are unacceptable deathcore. The death metal elements of their music are miniscule compared to the giant hardcore influence. The songs are based on the breakdowns, not the death metal riffs, and even then the death metal parts are pretty few and far between. Oceano is all about the big slamdowns, not the riffing.

And we don't accept or reject bands based on quality, if we did that, Oceano would've been blacklisted the day they formed.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209 ... 541  Next