Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:42 pm 

I'm too lazy to look so I'm gonna guess they don't have any material under the new name.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:38 pm 

Way too -core, actually.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:44 pm 

Well even worse then :lol: :lol: :ugh:

Azmodes wrote:

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:14 am 

Shouldn't a band that is essentially the continuation of a predecessor band be allowed into Metal-Archives as long as a stringent set of circumstances are put in place first? For the sake of encyclopedic completion.

So, Devil You Know put out two full length albums that are metal enough. Light The Torch is a bit -core, but still has riffs. Lots of melodic elements on it (I admit I didn't listen to it in full). But I argue that in spite of some change in sound, Light The Torch isn't a radical departure from the modus operandi of Devil You Know, and it is very likely they play Devil You Know songs and might (hypothetically speaking) re-release the old Devil You Know albums under the Light The Torch name. 3 out of 5 DYK band members are still in Light the Torch.

While the name change is dramatic, it was also out of the band's control. Had there not been a legal fight, the Light the Torch album would have been released as a Devil You Know album.

I had asked way way back ago and kinda forgot about it, but I feel for the sake of continuity and completeness, allowing Light The Torch onto the Archives as a selected exception.

Let me also say that if a rule is crafted to pertain to bands that changed name, it should be very stringent. There is no way in hell Disturbed would be allowed in because of a four song demo put out as Brawl in 1994.

Or a band that changes their name and goes from death metal to alternative rock. That second incarnation wouldn't be allowed either.

Interestingly, there was a time that MA apparently let in a band because it was a continuation. Thergothon ended in 1993, but the band kind of continued on as This Empty Flow, which wasn't metal by any stretch but was on the Archives for a while until it got deleted many years ago. But it can be argued that Thergothon and This Empty Flow are entirely separate entities with different goals in music.

Light the Torch and Devil You Know are the same band with the same goals in music.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:18 am 

I mean that is all fair and good, but you sort of answer the counter-argument/our reasoning when you talk about Brawl. Brawl made a metal demo, Disturbed does not and the only big different is the vocalist at the time. The argument of "same goals" in the music is too vague. It could be argued then that Wovenwar had the same goals in music because of Tim's arrest. (Note, I have not listened to Wovenwar).
If Soulfly released the album that got them on the site but they changed names, that band would be on the site but hypothetical The-band-that-was-once-called-Soulfly was not. Arguing semantics on band goals and music and stuff is the biggest and most pointless pain there is, that is why going just by the music is the best way to go by it, there is no arguing useless things there is just the music. If Light the Torch release a less -core album, they will be on the site. If they don't, they will just be a mention still.

Also, for some clarification on This Empty Flow. it wasn't accepted because of a selected exception. It was originally on the site as a metal band based on the first album. No idea how, but then again we are not perfect and old bands deemed "metal" from the olden days stick around for years on end before they get noticed.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:20 pm 

Hey I was wondering, my buddy's band, Churchacide was blacklisted, and I was wondering why?

here's the bandcamp: https://churchacide.bandcamp.com/

They have a physical release as well. Lemme know so I can add him. Cheers

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:23 am 

Blacklisted for being too rough for digital-only acceptance. I just see they have physical CD's on their Bandcamp page. Unblacklisted.

Blackmore Forever
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:34 am 

[REPLY SOMETHING PLEASE, OTHERWISE I THINK PERHAPS IT'S ANOTHER BAND WITH THE SAME NAME THAT IS BLACKLISTED AND SO I'LL ADD THIS ONE, THANK YOU]

I can't understand if it's this New Horizons that is blacklisted, or another one with the same name and from Italy too (this one is from Pisa).

For me they are progressive metal, or at least progressive rock/metal, like other bands listed and labelled as such. But once i've seen the warning in the submission page, i've stopped for now and not submitted yet.

They have one demo (2014, songs were instrumental because they had no singer yet) and a full official album under a label (2018) now, in both CD and digital form.

https://www.facebook.com/newhorizonsprogband

https://tinyurl.com/y6yz6osu

https://tinyurl.com/y2tystxo

https://tinyurl.com/yxo3txl4

https://tinyurl.com/yxe4vocs

https://tinyurl.com/y35wbojj

Last edited by Blackmore Forever on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
EW666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:52 am 

EW666 wrote:
Hello.
I was wondering why my Hardcore/Death/Thrash metal project Carne Guasta was not accepted in the database.
The reason of the rejection was that there is no valid digital release of the full-length album, but the evidence is given by the Bandcamp link, leading to the album which is also available for full download.

Here is the link to the Bandcamp page of the project:
https://carneguasta.bandcamp.com/

I am reposting here my question.
In particular, I wanted to ask if the reason why the project was rejected was because of the quality of the recording/mixing of the full-length album, which may be not acceptable, or because it is not considerable as a valid digital release.
In the latter case, I already posted the link to the Bandcamp page of Carne Guasta, from which the album is available for full download, as requested from the rules of the site.

Thanks and sorry for bothering.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:49 pm 

EW666 wrote:
EW666 wrote:
Hello.
I was wondering why my Hardcore/Death/Thrash metal project Carne Guasta was not accepted in the database.
The reason of the rejection was that there is no valid digital release of the full-length album, but the evidence is given by the Bandcamp link, leading to the album which is also available for full download.

Here is the link to the Bandcamp page of the project:
https://carneguasta.bandcamp.com/

I am reposting here my question.
In particular, I wanted to ask if the reason why the project was rejected was because of the quality of the recording/mixing of the full-length album, which may be not acceptable, or because it is not considerable as a valid digital release.
In the latter case, I already posted the link to the Bandcamp page of Carne Guasta, from which the album is available for full download, as requested from the rules of the site.

Thanks and sorry for bothering.

It doesn't appear to be on the blacklist

Azmodes wrote:

EW666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:57 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
It doesn't appear to be on the blacklist

It was rejected, not blacklisted....my mistake, sorry.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:28 pm 

Ahhh gotcha, my bad. Well I dunno why it was rejected then, whatever is in your rejection message.

Azmodes wrote:

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:52 pm 

EW666 wrote:
Carne Guasta

Ok, so, first of all I am NOT the moderator who rejected it, but based on what I see on the rejection note as well as the links you provided, it's most likely that it's a quality-related issue.

See, while the Bandcamp version might be acceptable VR-wise, the Soundcloud isn't, because even though it has a fixed tracklist and all of the tracks are available for download, you have to register to be able to download it. So, Soundcloud being invalid but this is NOT the issue, because Bandcamp would make it valid as far as the distribution goes, so I can only assume that the issue has something to do with it being too makeshift/rough to be acceptable. I must stress the fact that this is what I infer from what I see, and by no means I'm speaking for my fellow staffer.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

EW666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:07 am 

OpsiusCato wrote:
EW666 wrote:
Carne Guasta

I can only assume that the issue has something to do with it being too makeshift/rough to be acceptable.

I see....well, it is the same conclusion that I came to, after all.
I'd like to know what other moderators think about the quality of Carne Guasta's full-length, just to get a clearer idea before I re-submit the project.

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:58 am 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
What are your feelings on slam metal? I want to be sure of myself before I submit the band "Gorefiend".

Azmodes wrote:
If it's brutal death metal-based, sure. If it's more -core, no.

Slam is ALWAYS brutal death metal-based, if a band that calls themselves "slam" plays anything that isn't such, then that simply is not slam.
Slam has nothing to do with -core.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:15 am 

Witcher wrote:
Witcher wrote:
The American band Ardormort is blacklisted for being predominantly ambien¨t, but could they be white listed on the basis of their new albumTo Live And To die. TThis new album seems to be based on guitar riffs in black/doom metal style and the ambient keyboards are mostly only in the background. Full album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3o7TwaTzw

My question was left out ont the previous page, so I am reposting it here.

It was again left out on the previous page , so I am reposting it in hopes to get finally the answer.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:40 am 

GuardAwakening wrote:
Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
What are your feelings on slam metal? I want to be sure of myself before I submit the band "Gorefiend".

Azmodes wrote:
If it's brutal death metal-based, sure. If it's more -core, no.

Slam is ALWAYS brutal death metal-based, if a band that calls themselves "slam" plays anything that isn't such, then that simply is not slam.
Slam has nothing to do with -core.

Nobody asked for your opinion.

Now unless you're asking us to review a band, or you're a mod responding to such a request, please refrain from posting in this thread.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

papatou15
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:18 pm 

I tried to put a listing for Lord of the Lost (German goth metal band) and, for some reasons, the site tells me the band has been blacklisted.

I couldn't seem to find any information about why it's been blacklisted so that's why I'm asking here. Thanks!

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:59 pm 

papatou15 wrote:
I tried to put a listing for Lord of the Lost (German goth metal band) and, for some reasons, the site tells me the band has been blacklisted.

I couldn't seem to find any information about why it's been blacklisted so that's why I'm asking here. Thanks!

Mix of NDH, Mallcore and Alt Rock.

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:01 pm 

why was Where The Crows Gather (Uk) blacklisted? sounds like atmospheric black metal/dark ambient.
https://wherethecrowsgather.bandcamp.co ... cient-rite

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:45 am 

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO wrote:
why was Where The Crows Gather (Uk) blacklisted? sounds like atmospheric black metal/dark ambient.
https://wherethecrowsgather.bandcamp.co ... cient-rite

It is. But it's too makeshift for a digital-only release.

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:00 am 

2 downloadable albums via their bandcamp with atmospheric black metal tracks, their previous name ALREADY listed on the site AND to repeat: YOU CAN BUY THE DIGITAL ALBUMS.
if this doesn't make them a proper band then i do not know what else does.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:44 am 

2 downloadable albums via their bandcamp with atmospheric black metal tracks, their previous name ALREADY listed on the site AND to repeat: YOU CAN BUY THE DIGITAL ALBUMS.
if this doesn't make them a proper band then i do not know what else does.

And both releases are way too rough and makeshift to be acceptable.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:52 am 

Aside from what SotLB said let me set two things straight for you here, well three actually.

1) loose the fucking attitude, tired of telling you this.
2) just because a band has a previous incarnation here doesn't mean their new project gets an auto pass
3) being able to purchase digital releases means exactly fuck all, it will still be held to the digital release standards because, get this, it's a DIGITAL release.

Azmodes wrote:

krust_Korg_55
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:50 pm 

Why was My Sister's Machine blacklisted? Sounds like Heavy Metal/Grunge as Alice In Chains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtxVMRjkdgA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSbNMF8mZX0

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:35 pm 

krust_Korg_55 wrote:
Why was My Sister's Machine blacklisted? Sounds like Heavy Metal/Grunge as Alice In Chains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtxVMRjkdgA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSbNMF8mZX0

Because they're a grunge band, not a metal one.

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:51 pm 

Erosion, I was being blunt and wanted some answers, now I know, stop telling me to lose attitude because you read it out as me having it in the first place, do I need to literally say I have no attitude, if so:
I have no attitude in this post, I am being blunt.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:02 am 

Erosion, I was being blunt and wanted some answers, now I know, stop telling me to lose attitude because you read it out as me having it in the first place, do I need to literally say I have no attitude, if so:
I have no attitude in this post, I am being blunt.

Your original message about Where the Crows Gather was fine. What is not fine is your reply to PaganiusI, typing things in all caps to us as if we're idiots and you're trying to get the message through our thick skulls. We are volunteers who work on this site entirely for free, we're not paid to accept that the customer is always right, and seeing you TYPING like THIS as if we're IDIOTS WHO NEED TO READ MORE CAREFULLY and straight up telling us what to do is not going to fly. If that's your definition of "blunt" - I'd personally call it "rude" - you can't be "blunt" here. Please, consider why your posts are consistently attracting so much negative attention and adjust your behavior accordingly. This is basic Internet etiquette here.

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:17 pm 

Why were the Swans blacklisted? Their early material is straight up industrial metal. Godflesh was influenced by the Swans!

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:17 pm 

TheConqueror1 wrote:
Why were the Swans blacklisted? Their early material is straight up industrial metal. Godflesh was influenced by the Swans!

No! Just no! Heavy ≠ metal, noise rock ≠ metal, influencing a metal band ≠ metal, AGRHGRGHHGRH

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:27 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
TheConqueror1 wrote:

No! Just no! Heavy ≠ metal, noise rock ≠ metal, influencing a metal band ≠ metal, AGRHGRGHHGRH

Ahh..point well made.

joH1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:53 am 

joH1 wrote:
Hello guys,

I'd like to know why the band Worselder from France (Bandcamp / Website) was blacklisted...
If it's a genre issue then OK, though they sound metal enough to me :)
If it's a lack of releases, they've released their second full-length, with CDs available for purchase here and here.
I've even got a physical copy of a 2014 demo handed out at a show (that's how I know about them in the first place) but I believe it doesn't qualify.

Cheers!

(Shameless bump)
Anything new about this?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:41 am 

Yup, hard rock.

Azmodes wrote:

billm99uk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:07 am 

Just bumping this one:

billm99uk wrote:
I submitted the band Nocturne (Japan) last year, based on some live YouTube links and it was rejected as being more Hard Rock than Metal, which was fair enough as they are a fairly borderline case. However, I've now obtained a copy of their four song demo tape and wondered if you'd be willing to give it a listen? If you still think they're more Rock then fine, but I know you prefer recorded to live stuff anyway so I thought it might be worth another try?

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 am 

billm99uk wrote:
Just bumping this one:

billm99uk wrote:
I submitted the band Nocturne (Japan) last year, based on some live YouTube links and it was rejected as being more Hard Rock than Metal, which was fair enough as they are a fairly borderline case. However, I've now obtained a copy of their four song demo tape and wondered if you'd be willing to give it a listen? If you still think they're more Rock then fine, but I know you prefer recorded to live stuff anyway so I thought it might be worth another try?

Sure? That's what we're here for ;)

rebelion666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:19 am 

Eyala band entry was rejected on the basis that they don't have an official release.
Here is the proof that they have:

Album "Awaken" out April 22nd, 2019
https://itunes.apple.com/mx/album/awake ... hSQ0_klP0k

https://open.spotify.com/album/4xTF50yi ... yM7SLjnC5Q

also in physical format:
https://www.amazon.com/Awaken-Eyala/dp/B07QMXGJL2

band's official page in FB:
https://www.facebook.com/eyalamusic

Are we good now? ;)

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:00 am 

Resubmit and make sure that those links are in the submission notes.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

rebelion666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:52 am 

PDS wrote:
Resubmit and make sure that those links are in the submission notes.

Done!

pufpygotfly
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:03 am 

why "Icon and The Black Roses" named band black listed ? they are pretty much gothic metal.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:20 am 

pufpygotfly wrote:
why "Icon and The Black Roses" named band black listed ? they are pretty much gothic metal.

Blacklisted for sounding like HIM.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 535, 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541  Next