Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 5673
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:32 pm 
 

Thanks, Astio, you are a ggood fellow after all. Apology is fully accepted. If only the moderators would handle the double submissions faster to prevent such thinks. I have ttoday accidently submitted the band Stone Road, which is in fact the band Stonethroat, which was submitted earlier. If a moderator could delete my submission asap, before another conflict arises, I would be very thankful. https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/St ... 3540443960


Last edited by Witcher on Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Shadechaser
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 am
Posts: 146
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:33 am 
 

Greetings. My submission Infidel was rejected for being too short and unpolished.
I disagree with first item because you surely know there are submissions been accepted even with 16 minutes EP's or so. And - sic! - there are no weak intros, outros and solos that could possible be subtracted from the whole "metal" length.
Secondly, I don't understand what is "unpolished" in this case because I hear pure "deadly" thrash metal here.
Thirdly, it's sound quality is surely enough for a self-made release.
And the last (but not least): this entry is a bit useful for site visitors and contributors because it has a string about possible confusion with an other band from USA with this name.

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:28 am 
 

I rejected them because the the EP was sounding (both production and playing-wise) more like a demo to me than a "finished" mix and because with 3 songs and less than 20 minutes it is rather short, too. When bands get accepted with a 16-minute long EP, it's either because of a physical manifestation or because the production is top notch professional and even then it's pretty much borderline. We currently have a 16-minute long EP with professional production and professional distribution in the queue waiting for a discussion actually.
While I have to admit that your case is really borderline to begin with and I'm pretty sure some mods might disagree with me, I'd still lean towards a "no" or better "not now".
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:33 am 
 

Witcher wrote:
Thanks, Astio, you are a ggood fellow after all. Apology is fully accepted. If only the moderators would handle the double submissions faster to prevent such thinks. I have ttoday accidently submitted the band Stone Road, which is in fact the band Stonethroat, which was submitted earlier. If a moderator could delete my submission asap, before another conflict arises, I would be very thankful. https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/St ... 3540443960

Rejected :P
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
Shadechaser
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 am
Posts: 146
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:23 am 
 

just to let you know you are wrong :)
here are some bands been accepted with self-made production and with less than 20 minutes first releases:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/S ... oss/715712
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/N ... uty/652593
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/T ... ulo/652461
(last band had only one release when it was accepted)
by the way bands must not have a professionally made release to be accepted here, and along with that, quality of self-released albums is quite a subjectively judged thing.
well, I understand admins and moderators may act as they wish and my claims are rarely heard here.
however I declare that it is unfair.
and you surely may say something like "go away and make your own site and we spit on your back"

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:55 am 
 

Shadechaser wrote:
just to let you know you are wrong :)
here are some bands been accepted with self-made production and with less than 20 minutes first releases:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/S ... oss/715712
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/N ... uty/652593
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/T ... ulo/652461
(last band had only one release when it was accepted)
by the way bands must not have a professionally made release to be accepted here, and along with that, quality of self-released albums is quite a subjectively judged thing.
well, I understand admins and moderators may act as they wish and my claims are rarely heard here.
however I declare that it is unfair.
and you surely may say something like "go away and make your own site and we spit on your back"

Siderate was discussed by two mods actually (due to its short nature) before accepting and Necrologium has pretty professional production considering the fact, that black metal needs a certain level of roughness.
I am not wrong btw, our rules clearly mention the >20-minute and final mix preference of the site, but there sure is room for different interpretations, even though longer releases are usually more acceptable than shorter ones. I don't change my mind completely, but I allow you to re-submit for re-evaluation. :)
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
odium
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:32 pm
Posts: 87
Location: Lithuania
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:57 am 
 

Shadechaser wrote:

Interesting cases, as all these releases are not only less than 20 minutes, but even less than 18 minutes, what seems to be an unwritten rule for accepted submission. And this thing with the length of digital release only is tricky to this day.

Top
 Profile  
Shadechaser
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 am
Posts: 146
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:45 am 
 

Dude, most of moderators tell that 20 minutes rule is not a law but something like recommended guideline.
As for the production quality - it is very subjective, as I said before.

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:06 am 
 

Shadechaser wrote:
Dude, most of moderators tell that 20 minutes rule is not a law but something like recommended guideline.
As for the production quality - it is very subjective, as I said before.

That's what I said.
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
Shadechaser
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 am
Posts: 146
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:46 am 
 

that's ok, man :beer:

Top
 Profile  
odium
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:32 pm
Posts: 87
Location: Lithuania
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:58 am 
 

PaganiusI wrote:
Shadechaser wrote:
Dude, most of moderators tell that 20 minutes rule is not a law but something like recommended guideline.
As for the production quality - it is very subjective, as I said before.

That's what I said.

I get this, but that's exactly the problem - Siderate and Trovador releases: drop those intro/outros and interlude instrumentations, and all is left is 13-14 minutes metal material. And here are two other examples that were rejected: Dark Archive [Fin] and Adyire [Nzl]:

https://darkarchive.bandcamp.com/album/ ... on-full-ep

https://adyire.bandcamp.com/releases

The Finns have a digital EP released on different platforms (through "Inverse Records"). And you should be kidding if the production on this EP is worse than on those of Siderate and Trovador. In Adyire's case - is it about the production as well? I agree that's it's subjective, but again - the provided examples are of worse production and shorter releases, yet they were submitted. Considering all these cases, I'm really not sure, why Dark Archive and Adyire should not be submitted.

Top
 Profile  
Shadechaser
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 am
Posts: 146
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:59 am 
 

buddy, I hope mods will read this and their conscience will arise from slumber ))

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
The Mountain Man

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 5149
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 pm 
 

Shadechaser, drop the snark. You show so much disrespect towards us.

We consider the 20 minute rule flexible, as Paganius pointed out, but just as he also pointed out we do consider production and quality of the release for digital-only bands, as well.
_________________
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Top
 Profile  
Shadechaser
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 am
Posts: 146
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:56 pm 
 

Derigin, you kill fun with words.
I'm halfway joking and using smiles, you maybe don't understand it.

And - sometimes moderators really disappoint me.

Top
 Profile  
Tyler_The_Terrible
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:10 pm
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:01 pm 
 

I am simply curious as to why Hepatectomy (United States) is blacklisted. I'm sure it's likely the fact that the band didn't have physical forms of music or a professional full length at the time of submission. If such was the case, here is a link to a full length album released last year.
https://hepatectomy.bandcamp.com/album/ ... on-process

Top
 Profile  
HouseSpiders
Heavy Metal C-3PO

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 534
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:33 pm 
 

Shadechaser wrote:
Derigin, you kill fun with words.
I'm halfway joking and using smiles, you maybe don't understand it.

And - sometimes moderators really disappoint me.

It's not that clear. The S&C forum is supposed to be taken seriously and such sarcasm can easily be mistaken for rudeness. I have seen some of your recent posts, in this thread and in the point whores thread, and I would definitely suggest that you should try to improve your general politeness. "I hope their conscious will arise from slumber" or "fuck, I'll send him an email if you don't care" is not the best way to make your point heard.

The moderators disappoint you? That's fine, you are entitled to complain... but as soon as you stop being polite, people will get annoyed and take less notice of you, and your complaints will not achieve anything - time wasted. Be polite and respectful, people will listen and you're far more likely to get what you want or at least find an amicable solution. I've also never seen Azmodes, Derigin nor the vast majority of other mods ever being rude to you.

This applies in the real world too, not just MA.
_________________
vacca wrote:
"Pointwhoring is no fun. Pointwhoring endangers the life and happiness of millions. It must stop. We appeal in particular to the youth of today, stop the madness. There are better things in life."

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:01 pm 
 

Tyler_The_Terrible wrote:
I am simply curious as to why Hepatectomy (United States) is blacklisted. I'm sure it's likely the fact that the band didn't have physical forms of music or a professional full length at the time of submission. If such was the case, here is a link to a full length album released last year.
https://hepatectomy.bandcamp.com/album/ ... on-process

The blacklist entry is from Sept 14th, so that album is most likely the reason.
Mainly unacceptable grind with some minor Brutal Death influences
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
bostjan
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:35 am
Posts: 12
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:21 pm 
 

bostjan wrote:
Hello again.

I was wondering if I could get a more specific reason than "not a metal band" for why Naegleria Fowleri was rejected.

Thanks.


To clarify, they are considered a metal band, so I am rather confused at the reason.

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:26 pm 
 

bostjan wrote:
bostjan wrote:
Hello again.

I was wondering if I could get a more specific reason than "not a metal band" for why Naegleria Fowleri was rejected.

Thanks.


To clarify, they are considered a metal band, so I am rather confused at the reason.

(Math)core leaning more towards the punk/hardcore influenced side of things. Not really metal.
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
bostjan
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:35 am
Posts: 12
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:20 pm 
 

PaganiusI wrote:
(Math)core leaning more towards the punk/hardcore influenced side of things. Not really metal.


Mathcore? Punk? Hardcore? That's bizarre.

You guys have a very peculiar definition of what is "metal." Your rules are really vague, and applied inconsistently, looking at which bands get accepted or rejected, which makes it waste everyone's time: moderators and people submitting bands.

Thanks for the response, though.

Top
 Profile  
Shadechaser
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 am
Posts: 146
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:17 am 
 

HouseSpiders,
you mix cause and effect.
here is the right sequence:
1. I notice something odd - bias, lack of comprehension (cause)
2. I become sarcastic and unpolite (effect)
however I understand I am a guest here and you are owners and surely I will (again) try to be more correct.
meanwhile, I try to be useful to MA so I hope to see appropriate reaction from staff too.

As for this band (Infidel), I insist that perception of professionalism in sound engineering is subjective enough.

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 5583
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:04 am 
 

bostjan wrote:
PaganiusI wrote:
(Math)core leaning more towards the punk/hardcore influenced side of things. Not really metal.


Mathcore? Punk? Hardcore? That's bizarre.

You guys have a very peculiar definition of what is "metal." Your rules are really vague, and applied inconsistently, looking at which bands get accepted or rejected, which makes it waste everyone's time: moderators and people submitting bands.

Thanks for the response, though.


We have a specific definition of what is and is not metal yes. The rules are not vague, they're actually pretty clear, we are in fact fairly consistent, it's not really a waste of time for us. Staff is picked because they have a grasp of what this site considers to be metal. We all have different ideas of why should or shouldn't be acceptable but we understand what the site standards are and we adhere to them. That's different from you, it's ok, it's just a website.
_________________
Man is truly a wretched thing, and the forest is committed to expunging him from existence.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Top
 Profile  
bostjan
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:35 am
Posts: 12
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 am 
 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
We have a specific definition of what is and is not metal yes. The rules are not vague, they're actually pretty clear, we are in fact fairly consistent, it's not really a waste of time for us. Staff is picked because they have a grasp of what this site considers to be metal. We all have different ideas of why should or shouldn't be acceptable but we understand what the site standards are and we adhere to them. That's different from you, it's ok, it's just a website.


Well, what percentage of submissions are accepted? And how many of those actually meet all of the suggested criteria written in the rules? Those can be rhetorical questions.

The band I submitted is one I simply asked a question about. I never asked for it to be whitelisted, but then I was told to go ahead and submit it, and it was very promptly rejected, which is fine, but the reason given, that it's a mathcore or punk band, is just silly, because the band is obviously neither of those. If you listened to it and thought, "...well, that's just arbitrarily not what we want on the site," then just say so. It's up to you anyway, but please don't give a dishonest reason. It seems to me like you guys probably just don't have the time to really deal with this many submissions, so rather than answer my question, it was quicker to just whitelist, and then rather than evaluate if this is metal or not, it was brushed off. At least, that's very strongly the impression I get on my end.

Thanks for reading.

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 5583
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:34 am 
 

I listened to it yes, I deemed it to be unacceptable based on the sites standards. I'm not gonna break it down into semantics and numericals for you cause nobody has the time for that.

At any given time there is roughly 300 bands pending review and probably 8 or 10 mods who work the band queue at their leisure. This is a hobby not a job. Sometimes things get whitelisted after a cursory listen and are then deemed unacceptable during the vetting process in the queue, that's how it works. Whitelisting is not a guarantee of acceptance. We do actually listen to the bands and verify that they are metal, that's why things sit in the queue for so long sometimes, it takes us time and there is constantly bands being added 24/7.
_________________
Man is truly a wretched thing, and the forest is committed to expunging him from existence.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Top
 Profile  
Kuthah
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:04 pm
Posts: 2
Location: France
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:34 am 
 

Hello,

You have rejected my band Kuthah under the motive that it is not metal. I'm totally confused since my music is all about a fusion between Blackened Doom and Blackened Death, with ambiance. On my album Abyssborn, there is but one song which is not purely metal, Dark Prayer. All the other ones are metal. The only way to not hear metal on the album is to listen to maybe 10 to 30s of each song, then you have mostly ambiant stuff. But you do consider bands with lots of ambiant parts in their songs metal, since your site records Darkpspace and Nortt and such.

I'm sure it is but a misunderstanding and another listen to my songs will lift it.

Abyssaly yours,
Pazuzu

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:03 pm 
 

Kuthah wrote:
Hello,

You have rejected my band Kuthah under the motive that it is not metal. I'm totally confused since my music is all about a fusion between Blackened Doom and Blackened Death, with ambiance. On my album Abyssborn, there is but one song which is not purely metal, Dark Prayer. All the other ones are metal. The only way to not hear metal on the album is to listen to maybe 10 to 30s of each song, then you have mostly ambiant stuff. But you do consider bands with lots of ambiant parts in their songs metal, since your site records Darkpspace and Nortt and such.

I'm sure it is but a misunderstanding and another listen to my songs will lift it.

Abyssaly yours,
Pazuzu

Rejected because you did not provide any samples of the music whatsoever. We are not magicians that can gather info out of nowhere. Your duplicated post had a bandcamp link in it. Put that into the submission note and resubmit so we can check them out.
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
Kuthah
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:04 pm
Posts: 2
Location: France
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:12 pm 
 

Hello,

You can listen to my music here:
https://kuthah.bandcamp.com/album/abyssborn

Abyssaly yours,
Pazuzu

Top
 Profile  
SweetLeaf95
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:19 am
Posts: 609
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:31 pm 
 

The band Fallen Angels (Italy) was rejected because I forgot to include a link for a place to purchase their album. Well, here it is:

https://deadpulse.com/product/fallen-an ... est-knows/

Now, am I able to re-submit?
_________________
"It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

Top
 Profile  
Storm of the Light's Bane
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:16 pm
Posts: 588
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:33 pm 
 

SweetLeaf95 wrote:
The band Fallen Angels (Italy) was rejected because I forgot to include a link for a place to purchase their album. Well, here it is:

https://deadpulse.com/product/fallen-an ... est-knows/

Now, am I able to re-submit?

Yep, resubmit with that link included.
_________________
BlackheartSauron wrote:
Whatever. I don't care if you include that band actually - I already know you won't and no amount of discussion can influence your decision, because you're closed to any information/opinions of others - you just don't have an open mind.

Top
 Profile  
SweetLeaf95
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:19 am
Posts: 609
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:05 pm 
 

Done. I sent it in the "comments" box that only the mods see, not the actual description box. I'll add some stuff to this once it gets accepted/
_________________
"It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

Top
 Profile  
Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Posts: 1146
Location: R'lyeh
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:08 pm 
 

Making an inquiry about the New York band Stigmata. Their early work has been on the Metalcore / New York Hardcore continuum which is quite borderline in places ("The Heart Grows Harder" might be acceptable), but has anyone laid ears on Stigmata's 2015 album "Conditioned to Murder"? That seems to be acceptably Metal on account of the Groove elements.
_________________
My Wanted List

Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 1791
Location: Brazildonesia
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:12 pm 
 

Muhammadabbadabba wrote:
Making an inquiry about the New York band Stigmata. Their early work has been on the Metalcore / New York Hardcore continuum which is quite borderline in places ("The Heart Grows Harder" might be acceptable), but has anyone laid ears on Stigmata's 2015 album "Conditioned to Murder"? That seems to be acceptably Metal on account of the Groove elements.


I remember these guys from back in the day. I had no idea they were still active (or were active into 2015, at least). I'm inclined to say this at least metallic enough for a reevaluation, but it appears to have already been evaluated in November 2015.

Hey Azmodes, you wrote the blacklist note, what are you thoughts on this newer album?
_________________
POZERKILLER wrote:
damn I think ive already heard everything

Top
 Profile  
Coreblade
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:25 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:25 am 
 

Stefan Wenger (Switzerland) was rejected for the following reason: Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum.
I would say, that this is metal: https://stefanwenger.bandcamp.com/track/nebula
Don't you think?

Top
 Profile  
Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:57 pm
Posts: 101
Location: France
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:51 pm 
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iecbZwF ... e=youtu.be

So guys, can someone delete them from the blacklist please? I finally uploaded their full EP.
It was rejected because of only one track available on youtube.

This is Mud Digger here is the page : https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mu ... 3540428418

Thanks!
_________________
Belphegor > Black Metal > Brutal Death Metal > All

Top
 Profile  
KilluaxGon
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:49 pm
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:08 pm 
 

BloodRitual was rejected for the release that there is no tangible release. Here is the direct link to purchase the cassette tape through their label The Hell Command.

http://thehellcommand.limitedrun.com/pr ... s-cassette


You can also buy their album digitally through bandcamp at the below.


https://bloodritual666.bandcamp.com/


Please let me know if this is acceptable.

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 2582
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:40 pm 
 

Coreblade wrote:
Stefan Wenger (Switzerland) was rejected for the following reason: Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum.
I would say, that this is metal: https://stefanwenger.bandcamp.com/track/nebula
Don't you think?

No, we don't. That's why it was rejected. Yesterday. It's non-metallic djent.
Axel666MoWi wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iecbZwFzSVA&feature=youtu.be

So guys, can someone delete them from the blacklist please? I finally uploaded their full EP.
It was rejected because of only one track available on youtube.

This is Mud Digger here is the page : https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mu ... 3540428418

They were blacklisted last year. Have they released anything since that could warrant a reevaluation?
KilluaxGon wrote:
BloodRitual was rejected for the release that there is no tangible release. Here is the direct link to purchase the cassette tape through their label The Hell Command.
http://thehellcommand.limitedrun.com/pr ... s-cassette
You can also buy their album digitally through bandcamp at the below.
https://bloodritual666.bandcamp.com/
Please let me know if this is acceptable.

Add those links to the submission notes in your draft and resubmit.
_________________
Uncolored, commenting on Erosion of Humanity's allergies wrote:
Your house in Chicago is possessed by Unholy Virus
PhilosophicalFrog, making accurate statements as usual, wrote:
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Top
 Profile  
Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:57 pm
Posts: 101
Location: France
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:56 pm 
 

The probleme for mud digger was just the lack of audio, now there is everything we need. I take a lot of time to rip the songs but now it's ok, it was blacklisted because only one song of the ep was available. And the mod wanted the entire release
_________________
Belphegor > Black Metal > Brutal Death Metal > All

Top
 Profile  
m138jewski
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:59 am
Posts: 1
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:56 pm 
 

Dear ADMINS, Please remove my band Kill Everything from the blacklist as we now officially have a full length release out. Here is proof. I submitted it a couple of years back when we released a couple of singles. Thank you!
http://www.comatosemusic.com/site/

https://www.facebook.com/killeverythingtx/

Top
 Profile  
Coreblade
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:25 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:35 am 
 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Coreblade wrote:
Stefan Wenger (Switzerland) was rejected for the following reason: Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum.
I would say, that this is metal: https://stefanwenger.bandcamp.com/track/nebula
Don't you think?

No, we don't. That's why it was rejected. Yesterday. It's non-metallic djent.


So every song of Stefan Wenger is non-metallic djent?

https://stefanwenger.bandcamp.com/track/roon
https://stefanwenger.bandcamp.com/track/ortus
https://stefanwenger.bandcamp.com/track/code-red
...

For me it's difficult to classify this songs as djent.

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
The Mountain Man

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 5149
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:15 pm 
 

The only thing that matters is if the album is predominantly metal.
_________________
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507 ... 519  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group