Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 1099
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:53 am 
 

All it takes to be accepted into the archives is one metal album. As sad as it is, sloth fulfills that criteria, therefore they stay.
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6076
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:23 am 
 

Witcher wrote:
London (USA)- None of their albums is predominantly metal only DDon't Cry Wolf has one heavy metal song "Fas AS Light", the rest is glam/hard rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwEd6LlF-UA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaZ6JEX6mEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAH966fNKQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogAiqpb ... djgr-DkXxJ

Top
 Profile  
TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:06 am
Posts: 1552
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:00 am 
 

Witcher wrote:
Witcher wrote:
London (USA)- None of their albums is predominantly metal only DDon't Cry Wolf has one heavy metal song "Fas AS Light", the rest is glam/hard rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwEd6LlF-UA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaZ6JEX6mEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAH966fNKQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogAiqpb ... djgr-DkXxJ


The same guy who thinks there is only one metallic song on this album submitted Trash from Sweden unironically.
_________________
Successful deals: Metalrecords, screamingskulls1313, Gogsi (x2), Kovner, Lord_Elden, sehaitt, blutkvlts, Matty_The_Emo_Slayer, einvolk, Madcow

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6076
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:04 am 
 

How about letting the moderators to decide? And, please, keep your childish impertinences to yourself.

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
The Mountain Man

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 5512
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:08 pm 
 

Says the guy who has repeatedly written his opinions in reports for other people's bands in the queue. Don't mini mod, OK?

On that note, London seems fine.
_________________
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6076
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:20 pm 
 

I am not nini-modding, I am just defendingnyself against derogatory and personal remarks from other users. When you constantly do not understand , ewhat Iam meaning, why do you constantly comment on my remarks.? If there was no personal comment in that post, I would not respond to it.e my


Last edited by Witcher on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6076
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:56 pm 
 

[quote="Witcher"]Release (USA): Even if it features former members of Anvil Chorus and Sacrilege B.C., that sound here is not thrash or heavy metal, but rather a mixture of nu-metal/alalternative rock and grunge, which is similar to bands like Mushroonhead or Tool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G0gx27 ... 48Q81Xg_PI

------------------

Top
 Profile  
TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:06 am
Posts: 1552
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:01 pm 
 

Witcher wrote:
I am not nini-modding, I am just defendingnyself against derogatory and personal remarks from other users. When you constantly do not understand , ewhat Iam meaning, why do you constantly comment on my remarks.? If there was no personal comment in that post, I would not respond to it.e my


You're a hypocrite who shares his opinions all the time and then acts the victim when anyone criticizes you. Grow up.
_________________
Successful deals: Metalrecords, screamingskulls1313, Gogsi (x2), Kovner, Lord_Elden, sehaitt, blutkvlts, Matty_The_Emo_Slayer, einvolk, Madcow

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6076
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:48 pm 
 

There a difference between voicing an opinionand making a derogatory personal comment. I was not taling about you in my original requeest, yet you choose to make the whole dispute highly personal by making a sarcastric remark about my metal knowledge. May I remind you, that ewhen I was still a moderator, you have sent mme a PM , telling me how, you admire my approach and my ex experience? Out of sight, Out of mind , I guess. It was actually me, who accepted London back then, unfortunately I had a limited access to their material back then and it wasnot a plight to provide full albus. back then. My wish to revisti this decision had nothing to do with you personally, but with the fact, that their album finally appeared fully on Youtube. I remember you also aas a quite hhumble guy from back then, so I am surprised by your newly found snobbishness and your recent high-nosed remarks. Finally, a guy, who is half my age, who tells me to grow up , makes me only shshrug my shoulder and laugh a bit. Please, keep me ffrom your antics next time, will you? I repeat, I did not wish to make the differing opinion on this band a personal issue.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6076
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:33 pm 
 

Witcher wrote:
Projeto Eterno (Bra) : Pure hard rock with sometimes quite harsh vocals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lEaMimzzHM

Top
 Profile  
0th
Suicidal Angel

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:59 pm
Posts: 168
Location: China
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:00 am 
 

Delete Atar-Hasis (Chile). Only 3 tracks from the album are available to download (now).

Top
 Profile  
Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:48 am
Posts: 267
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:22 pm 
 

Witcher wrote:
Witcher wrote:
Projeto Eterno (Bra) : Pure hard rock with sometimes quite harsh vocals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lEaMimzzHM

Removed.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6076
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:24 pm 
 

Thanks a lot, Krister.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6076
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:36 pm 
 

Hunting Season (Ger): it is not groove metal, but imo just modern metallic hardcore in the style of Madball or Biohazard. So if you please could look at it..
http://88nsm.com/3313-hunting-season-fe ... -2009.html
https://www.albumsdepot.com/albums/hunt ... he-return/
http://88nsm.com/3815-hunting-season-th ... -2011.html
https://www.albumsdepot.com/albums/hunt ... -haunting/
http://88nsm.com/3311-hunting-season-2n ... -2004.html
https://www.last.fm/music/Hunting+Season

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6076
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:33 pm 
 

World Hate Center (Ger): I have noticed, that there was already some dispute about the band's style in 2011, but back then , only two songs from the album wre provided. Hre is the complete album Reloaded and I think, that the style of the band is really predominantly a mix of rac and hatecore, as the download description says and onot thrash metal or predominantly metal for that matter:
https://www.rac-forum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=255

Top
 Profile  
BlackFlag
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:30 pm
Posts: 199
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:03 pm 
 

I was going to make a big update at this page:
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/11_Bis/3540453129
but after listening to their album, I found myself wondering why they were included.

I suggest a second listening:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... fYDTzHYX2N

Heaviest tracks are 1, 2 & 6 (and track 1 has a strong Melodic Hard Rock vibe). I only hear classic hard rock with some metal leanings on concrete tracks (2, 6, maybe 1). There's also some prog and even funk. Track 9 is a cover of Grand Funk Railroad's We're an American Band.

If it stays, then OK, I'll update it, but Hard Rock should be added to the genre tag anyway.

By the way, this user, Afra0732, added a "guessed" lineup for the album.
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/1 ... abs_lineup

Thanks for your attention.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6076
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:27 pm 
 

Punch'N'Judy (Ger):
Actually a Deutschrock/Folk rock band in the style of In Extremo, Subway to Sally and Saltatio Mortis:
https://www.youtube.com/user/punchnjudyNEWs
https://open.spotify.com/artist/177zF3Sk96VelzRWJOnW5U

Top
 Profile  
Antioch
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1351
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:39 am 
 

Bumping this.
Antioch wrote:


Also:
I believe these two bands are the same:
- https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Regnvm/3540283254
- https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Re ... 3540393007

Members:
Same person
- https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... nos/784469
- https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... roy/326254

Same person
- https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... era/784468
- https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... B3n/433847
_________________
❝I ᴡɪʟʟ sʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇᴀʀ ɪɴ ᴀ ʜᴀɴᴅғᴜʟ ᴏғ ᴅᴜsᴛ.❞
Iᴛᴇᴍs ғᴏʀ sᴀʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴄᴀsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛᴇᴅ.

Top
 Profile  
Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:48 am
Posts: 267
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:50 pm 
 

Removed Apartheide, Russia. Punk with harsh vocals.
Removed Abizar, Russia. Ambient with a bit of metal.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6076
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:05 pm 
 

Skull (USA)- predominantly hard rock, except for the second song on the album. Here is the full album No Bones About It:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw2tf4yW61U

Top
 Profile  
Klaagzang
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:36 am
Posts: 74
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:44 pm 
 

The 2019 EP release by https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ch ... 3540460623
is nearly an exact copy of "Return ov the Order" by Splinters of Death: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/S ... rder/65846 in songtitles
and definitely contains the same music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvPkfQ9VWKc
https://parvenuproductions.bandcamp.com/track/enemy

Both projects seem to be some poorly executed joke. Also I'm unable to find any proof of physical releases by Splinters of Death and judging by uploaded videos of the band it seems to just be a gag project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oe73Wb0EFI

Maybe both should be deleted?

Top
 Profile  
Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Posts: 1183
Location: R'lyeh
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:09 am 
 

I was going through some of the older posts ITT and found out there was quite the debate over Merauder. I fully support their inclusion into M-A, but what swayed the moderator consensus? To me, Merauder's riffs from Master Killer are evidently groove-based and even thrashy with songs like "Downfall of Christ" sounding like the first bridge to "Raining Blood". Was it a later album that made a stronger case for their inclusion?
_________________
My Wanted List

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 10097
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:26 am 
 

Antioch wrote:

All taken care of.

BlackFlag wrote:
I was going to make a big update at this page:
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/11_Bis/3540453129
but after listening to their album, I found myself wondering why they were included.

I suggest a second listening:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... fYDTzHYX2N

Heaviest tracks are 1, 2 & 6 (and track 1 has a strong Melodic Hard Rock vibe). I only hear classic hard rock with some metal leanings on concrete tracks (2, 6, maybe 1). There's also some prog and even funk. Track 9 is a cover of Grand Funk Railroad's We're an American Band.

If it stays, then OK, I'll update it, but Hard Rock should be added to the genre tag anyway.

By the way, this user, Afra0732, added a "guessed" lineup for the album.
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/1 ... abs_lineup

Thanks for your attention.

It would seem the band was approved based on short samples. I've asked the two mods in question to have a look.

The user has already been warned about adding guesswork lineups.

Witcher wrote:
Skull (USA)- predominantly hard rock, except for the second song on the album. Here is the full album No Bones About It:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw2tf4yW61U

Deleted.


More later.
_________________
Last.fm | Goodreads | BOINC - Compute for science! || Stuff for sale on Discogs
Ludicus wrote:
Every day we stray further away from Tony Iommi.

Top
 Profile  
Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:48 am
Posts: 267
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:34 pm 
 

Removed Lateless (Russia) - alternative/gothic rock.

Top
 Profile  
Shadechaser
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 am
Posts: 193
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:50 am 
 

I was asking to remove one digital release because it was deleted from all servers by the band (because the only band member has asked me to remove it).
here is my report:
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/695113
unfortunately, the report was simply closed without giving a reason.
could you please explain this?

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 1099
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:09 am 
 

Shadechaser wrote:
I was asking to remove one digital release because it was deleted from all servers by the band (because the only band member has asked me to remove it).
here is my report:
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/695113
unfortunately, the report was simply closed without giving a reason.
could you please explain this?

Because we don't whitewash discographies. It was publicly released by the band and it wasn't even an accident that got fixed within minutes or so...it even has it's own artwork. Just because they don't want it to be available anymore, doesn't change the fact that it was officially released and should therefore be listed in their discography.
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
Shadechaser
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 am
Posts: 193
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:03 pm 
 

got it, thx...
though... actually I think things change sometimes not accordingly to the rules set by Metal Archives.
in particular, there's not such release now, but it's listed here.
I think that the band and it's member(s) are the one and only who should decide the destiny for their releases, don't you think so?
so it's strange to see it here knowing that it doesn't exist.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 10097
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:33 pm 
 

Klaagzang wrote:
The 2019 EP release by https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ch ... 3540460623
is nearly an exact copy of "Return ov the Order" by Splinters of Death: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/S ... rder/65846 in songtitles
and definitely contains the same music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvPkfQ9VWKc
https://parvenuproductions.bandcamp.com/track/enemy

Both projects seem to be some poorly executed joke. Also I'm unable to find any proof of physical releases by Splinters of Death and judging by uploaded videos of the band it seems to just be a gag project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oe73Wb0EFI

Maybe both should be deleted?

Agreed, I've deleted both.
_________________
Last.fm | Goodreads | BOINC - Compute for science! || Stuff for sale on Discogs
Ludicus wrote:
Every day we stray further away from Tony Iommi.

Top
 Profile  
Woodgod
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 5:41 am
Posts: 21
Location: Nowhere
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:11 am 
 

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm not sure Mike Tramp (of White Lion) should be included on the site. He doesn't seem to be linked to any metal bands, or at least none with pages here. https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... amp/148955

Top
 Profile  
Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:48 am
Posts: 267
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:53 am 
 

Woodgod wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm not sure Mike Tramp (of White Lion) should be included on the site. He doesn't seem to be linked to any metal bands, or at least none with pages here. https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... amp/148955

Correct, orphan entry, removed.

Top
 Profile  
Shadechaser
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 am
Posts: 193
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:55 pm 
 

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Heruka/3540458120
one track is metal, one is ambient.
summarily, too short release, I guess.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 10097
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:30 pm 
 

11 Bis has been deleted. Indeed more rock than metal.
_________________
Last.fm | Goodreads | BOINC - Compute for science! || Stuff for sale on Discogs
Ludicus wrote:
Every day we stray further away from Tony Iommi.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group