Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:12 am 

Eric Steel are definitely more than enough metal to be kept here, they play a valid mix of traditional eighties metal and hard rock, especially their heaviest album, Back For More, would qualify them clearly, I own the album on CD. Of course, it is up to the mods to decide, but I think I can say a few words in defense of my bands. Your argument, that there are more bands, which would deserve a listing more, is rather illogical. If they were rejected, they were deemed not metal enough. If they "deserve" something is solely your subjective view or wish, which says nothing about their musical style.Eric Steel , first two albums on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-n1e3V8v-g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUho6fK0QAw Unfortunately I can't find the album Back For More online, so maybve some user can help?...

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:02 am 

S9NE wrote:
Why was 티삼스 (Korea) accepted? For their only album, it sounds like pop rock with emphasis on ballads.

Deleted. Also nuked 태백산맥/Taebaek Mountains (thanks for pointing them out, Grimmy).

PaganiusI wrote:
Why was this band (Kaamos) accepted/not deleted yet?

There have been edits in the past for a Demo that was released in 1995, but that apparantly belongs to a different band with the same name (this one)

Is there any info on anything they released? Otherwise this might be deleteworthy.

Deleted.

@Eric Steel: Yeah, sounds like they can stay.

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:52 am 

As for Eric Steel, it was a while ago, and I remember them being pretty non-metal sounding. But I hadn't heard the entire albums, only select songs.

Maybe the songs I hadn't heard were the most metal songs. I'll take your word for it.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:51 pm 

Is there any special reason to keep the Japanese hard rock band M.T. Fuji in the database. It was accepted as a side project of Loudness musicians, but since the side project rule was abandoned and the band really plays pure melodic hard rock and not metal, I see no reason why to keep them. https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/M. ... 3540350232 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvU3nWu0vVM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgsy4z1T410 https://www.youtube.com/user/PerennialQ ... shelf_id=4

Vladmoz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:44 pm 

Hi gentlemen. I would like to say a 2 words about something I noticed today. Specifically about this:

https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Mikhail_T./38829

First of all, I'v never been a drummer and have never could play drums. At Feantury page I am written as Brainsorm, except for a couple of records. Secondly, I can send pictures of all released tapes which tells I was on vocals. And finally I know both guys who made "Traces of Torpid" and I got a disk with their recording. I can also provide a photo of it. The album actually is nice, but it's not a metal at all because is was recorded by a trance DJ and a best friend of me, Mike, also known as Bogomire. If we speak about Feantury, status is "cancelled" since 2002 or something. You can also mention "The Feantruth" among the list of Mike's projects. Thanks for understanding if I have posted in a wrong forum or a wrong wording, but if you do not remove my name from it, please say truth: it was recording, programming drums, mostly all lyrics written, cover design (we were about 16 years old in the start) and of course vocals (it was bad).

Additional sessional members were:

Grigory Samokhin: piano
Olga Alexandrova: synth + fem vocals

I believe if it is gonna stay in history they should be credited as well as they made a big job.

~Guest 290927
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:49 pm 

Cernunnos from Greece is dark ambient, not metal.

Evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCHp-E1nbK0 (1997 demo Τα ορυχεία των νάνων)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1UEmyE5BzU (1998 tape Δάσος Των Τραγοπόδαρων Δαιμόνων)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Zd5tz7tAU (EP Trollfjord)

The two-track demo Νεραϊδοδάσος was featured on the 1998 tape.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:26 am 

Snow Listener wrote:
Cernunnos from Greece is dark ambient, not metal.

Evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCHp-E1nbK0 (1997 demo Τα ορυχεία των νάνων)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1UEmyE5BzU (1998 tape Δάσος Των Τραγοπόδαρων Δαιμόνων)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Zd5tz7tAU (EP Trollfjord)

The two-track demo Νεραϊδοδάσος was featured on the 1998 tape.

Deleted.

Also, the Following bands have also been deleted.

Ethnor - Djent with DM bits. Songs that were purely DM was like, one digital single.
Dmitry Demyaneko - Djent
With Ink Instead of Blood - -core
Worms - -core
Formless Reflection - -core
Diatera - Goth rock
Folcore - -core
Between the Coral Reefs - Djent
Княжая Пустынь - Neofolk with a couple black metal songs
Genesis not Planet - -core
Gotham Noir - more -core than metal
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:56 pm 

Deleted:

O.P.O (Brazil) - Bedroom noise project with a guitar that was somehow listed as "Black/Drone/Doom Metal, Experimental, Musique Concrète"
Razor Key Exit (USA) - Industrial rock

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:38 pm 

iT HAS BEEN MORE THAN A WEEK, SO CAN I please get an answer for my question about the Japanese hard rock band M.T. Fuji? The samples are in my previous post. Thanks.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:37 am 

The non-metal side-project rule hasn't been abandoned, we just no longer accept submissions by regular users. M.T. Fuji currently qualifies as an acceptable side-project.

Please also recognize that this has been a rough week for us, given that we lost a member of our team.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:35 am 

I. Slavic Selin might need revaluation, sounds mostly rock - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pQTO9 ... GVsC2vMPqo

II. Is Two Mirrors considered a side-project? Because although there's "metal" in the genre field, it is actually an instrumental neoclassical album, played on keyboards/synthesizer only - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YzNri ... bgWOeJkitU

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:00 am 

Both nuked.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:13 am 

Ex Machina (US) - contacted the artist, not a valid release or metal

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:32 pm 

Was going through old bands I submitted since I had some free time and I found this:

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Pa ... 3540285713
https://saluterecords.bandcamp.com/albu ... s-salr-213

No clue why I submitted it as black metal, it's some sort of RAC/rock. Some metal elements here and there but I don't think it's nearly enough to make it here.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:29 pm 

Just want to clarify it for myself.
There was a band AHTME in queue.
A couple of days later an other user made an other draft for this band, and it was accepted instead of the first one! here it is now -> Ahtme.
I'm eager to know why.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:52 pm 

The first user didn't provide us with evidence (eg. song samples).

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:14 pm 

Got it, thanks.
I've made a draft for this band too, with all useful information, but decided not to submit it until official release date.... :)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:20 pm 

The release date is June 1st. The draft that was approved was submitted on June 2nd. What's the issue here?

@Halloween: Deleted.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:14 pm 

Do you mention the site rule that the band being submitted must have an officially released album?
Well, however, first one was nuked on June 2nd, when debut album was already released. It was in a queue for a couple of days.
Thus, I think that by that time it could have been accepted.
And adding a duplicate to submission queue is a way to be punished by moderators too (now I speak about the second user, whose submission was accepted).

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 pm 

I would have accepted the first one if it was complete, but it wasn’t. I rejected it. I accepted the other one because it was complete. Let’s all just move on. I wasn’t going to reject them both just because you flagged a report saying you had a complete draft.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:41 am 

2 TheStormIRide:
ok-ok, no problem, all's clear now!
if someone told me I could submit my draft too, maybe you could accept it :)
but all moderators have their own opinion, for example PiotrB would have taken 1000 points from me - he once did it, erroneously :)

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:50 pm 

Deleted Ison, plagiarized Imperium Dekadenz.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:58 pm 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
Deleted Ison, plagiarized Imperium Dekadenz.

And Khonsu.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

~Guest 290927
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:55 pm 

I wonder which release of Tomb of... is metal. I got four of their releases, ...the Rotting Break, ...the Feeling of Becoming, ...Superlative Dreams, Magnificent Shadows..., and ...Sanity, and all of them are doom / dark ambient, far from being metal. Also, from the additional notes and reviews, later on, the band became a minimalist dark ambient band. I believe this band at least warrants a careful check, and quite possibly it should be nuked.

BTW, this is actually a quite excellent band.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:56 pm 

Snow Listener wrote:
I wonder which release of Tomb of... is metal. I got four of their releases, ...the Rotting Break, ...the Feeling of Becoming, ...Superlative Dreams, Magnificent Shadows..., and ...Sanity, and all of them are doom / dark ambient, far from being metal. Also, from the additional notes and reviews, later on, the band became a minimalist dark ambient band. I believe this band at least warrants a careful check, and quite possibly it should be nuked.

Can you provide me with the releases you got? I can try and get a hold of the rest of the stuff and evaluate them if need be.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

~Guest 290927
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:25 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Snow Listener wrote:

Can you provide me with the releases you got? I can try and get a hold of the rest of the stuff and evaluate them if need be.

For an excellent metal band, one can usually find their music online quite easily. Now we got a band with high-score reviews, but no available mp3's, this clearly indicates that they are not metal. Anyway, here are four of their releases:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rgfpd8oqnamwta4

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:56 pm 

Snow Listener wrote:
For an excellent metal band, one can usually find their music online quite easily. Now we got a band with high-score reviews, but no available mp3's, this clearly indicates that they are not metal. Anyway, here are four of their releases:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rgfpd8oqnamwta4

Downloading. Gonna check it out tomorrow and get back to you on the matter.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:32 pm 

Greetings.
Don't you think 15 minutes is not enough for a only digital release of a band Siderate?
It happened once or twice that my submission was rejected for being within 18 minutes or so :nono:

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 pm 

Deleted Pagan (US). Not even remotely metal.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:21 am 

Shadechaser wrote:
Greetings.
Don't you think 15 minutes is not enough for a only digital release of a band Siderate?
It happened once or twice that my submission was rejected for being within 18 minutes or so :nono:

I kindly ask mr. Azmodes to answer.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:31 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Shadechaser wrote:
Is the rule of "at least 20 minutes digital releases" actual now?
Please look here:
Malakhim
Necrologium
Physical releases aren't mentioned for these bands, digital releases are less than 20 minutes.

It's not a rule, it's a guideline. Other factors about a digital release are also considered, most importantly general professionalism.

That being said, we're aware that our handling of digital-only bands has been less than satisfactory as a whole. The main issues are runtime being given undue weight, often twisting the spirit of the rule, not all mods being on the same page when it comes to the importance of the various aspects of a release in the first place, as well as an unacceptable level of subjectivity during the judgment process. We are currently in the process of internally discussing and reformulating our criteria and their respective priorities when it comes to digital releases. Expect an announcement (hopefully) soon-ish.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:58 am 

exhaustively, thank you.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:41 pm 

Snow Listener wrote:

Ok, so I listened to all the releases you gave me plus the split album/demo of the same name. Those are definitely not Metal in the slightest bit. Gonna try contact the submitter to see if he can help me out with the other releases.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:52 am 

Deleted Aufbruch. Only release is an unfinished digital album (which appears to be a bootleg as well).

Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:37 am 

I'm wondering why Carcereduro was accepted. Their music is mostly Punk and Viking Rock, although the last album from 2016 has a couple Metal songs.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:25 am 

To my surprise, ny report on Der Bassist ist ein Arschloch was deleted, so here it is in details, since the situation is quite clear from my view. The band does not play thrash metal, but hardcore punk. It is quite clear from the samples and also from the genre tags and description on Discogs.com. The music is not even close to thrash metal, instead is similar to other German fun-Core bands like A.O. K.
Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inSxrRseSCo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQuGY7qdEw0 https://www.discogs.com/artist/3309224- ... -Arschloch https://myspace.com/derbassististeinarschloch
https://www.discogs.com/Der-Bassist-Ist ... se/4603868 http://www.derbassististeinarschloch.de/ https://www.musik-sammler.de/media/661819/ https://www.senscritique.com/album/Krank_EP/17578320 https://www.visions.de/platten/4093/der ... loch-krank
https://www.last.fm/de/music/Der+Bassis ... +Arschloch
http://www.bandmine.com/derbassististeinarschloch

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:00 pm 

Next
Last

I have recently bought the Tenside album Chain Reacion in an internet auction, hoping for a thrash/groove metal release. To y shock and surprise, the album turned out to be a nu-metal/metalcore/modern hardcore album, full of downtuned, often dissonant riffs. The comparisons to early Soulfly and Ektomorf are fully in place I thinkk. It is not really metal, but nu-metal/metalcore, which is really more on the core side. Here are some samples, including several full albums by them:

Source/Evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVGLKzrTDZ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HgIA0p ... 1ut4vavxFS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqKkIcQYrW8
http://coreradio.ru/metalcore/16817-ten ... gence-2017
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenside_(Band)
http://tenside-music.de/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Tenside
Edit:

Imo Black Uniforms play predominantly hardcore punk and not metal. As for the genre description, there is certainly nothing of traditional heavy metal in ttheir soun and as for the thrash, the band has a certain crossover appeal, but their song structures, songwriting, trhytmical structure of the songs and aalso predominantly the riffing stay mostly in ttthe hardcore punk style. They are similar in their style and aslo in their lyrical approach to other hardcore punk bands of the period, such as Gang Green. So, please, re-rvaluate the band.

Source/Evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RvB3ESl4ZM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeM1gz-diA0
Some Gang Green for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP8r2Wr66eM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tfB8ylNh60

Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:44 pm 

Awaiting the Doomsday sounds too -core. https://awaitingthedoomsday.bandcamp.com/

+

Mystical Depth sounds more like dronish ambient rather than metal. #1 / #2 / #3.

nahemot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:12 am 

Why you deteletd this band? They where here before and still doing metal...

https://www.discogs.com/es/artist/5377617-Free-Fall-8

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:43 pm 

nahemot wrote:
Why you deteletd this band? They where here before and still doing metal...

https://www.discogs.com/es/artist/5377617-Free-Fall-8

Blacklisted for being Alt/Goth Rock pretending to be Metal. Not sure if they were listed before.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 168  Next