Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ColdVoice
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:11 am 

Hi!
I tried to add a band, but got a message up that the band was blacklisted.
Fair enough, but my question/request is this;
Would it be possible, when trying to add a bband and getting the feedback that said band is blacklisted, to also have the reason for the blacklisting shown?

Current version:
Warning: a band called "xxx" (US) has been blacklisted! Your submission will not go through, unless your band comes from a different country; select the country in the drop-down to verify.
If you think this is an error, please create a thread in this subforum (read the "rules" thread first). Attempting to circumvent the blacklist is a bannable offense. Thank you.

My suggestion:
Warning: a band called "xxx" (US) has been blacklisted due to (whatever reason)!

I think this would save a lot of posts in the "band appeals" forums, whilst at the same time giving a clue to what is needed to (if possible) whitelist the band.

(PS! Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post it in)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:30 am 

It's been suggested before and I would agree as to its usefulness. It should be easy enough to implement, to just automatically have the entered reason show up. There's just two problems right now: a) not all entries have a note attached (it used to be optional until 2011 or so) b) for a lot of entries the, hmmm, tone of the note is not always appropriate or even helpful; knowing that that field is for mod eyes only, staffers can sometimes be a bit colourful or opaque with it. :P

But yeah, in principle I would agree; just a quick visible note would save time for all involved (though it might not actually deter as many people from posting anyway as you'd think). For the time being, don't hesitate to create a thread in Appeals if you're curious about the reason.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

Reply to topic