Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dickpenis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:08 am 

Hi all,
I want to suggest sites for recording/mixing studios, similar to the label pages, which lists links, infos, and albums recorded there.
Many bands proudly share where they recorded their stuff when they are happy with the experience there. Would be nice if the work of the studios would be honoured on here as well a bit more than just hidden in the additional infos of the releases. Also, it would be nice to see what else came out of a studio if I like the production of a particular album.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:15 pm 

I don't think such an addition would do any harm. For now, I guess one way to be more informative about the recording studio is to hyperlink the text in the additional notes to an official website with more info about the studio.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:15 pm 

I do apologize for chipping in while not a mod, but this sounds horrific to me, unless it's somehow restricted to real pro studios, and even that I wouldn't even know how to qualify. plenty of musicians these days record at home, or a garage, with a laptop/soundcard and some cables/mics, and then say "recorded at studio x". sometimes x is an inside jokey name, as well, that changes from recording to recording... best of luck if it's introduced :)

Spoiler: show
also, that username

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:20 pm 

aloof wrote:
I do apologize for chipping in while not a mod

No need to apologize. This thread is public discussion, anyone can say why they like/dislike the idea. I have seen better ideas than this, and I have also seen worse.

Dickpenis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:04 am 

aloof wrote:
plenty of musicians these days record at home, or a garage, with a laptop/soundcard and some cables/mics, and then say "recorded at studio x".

Same thing with the labels these days, with bands using their own label for their releases exclusively. Not a problem imo.
And, of course, the option "self-recorded", analogous to "self-released", should be an option.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:55 am 

not exactly the same. in most countries you need to file paperwork to start a label, even if it's just to press 100 CDs of your demo. and how would we know that "wuthering hieights" studio is the same as "garage can" studio and "blue noise" studio, and they all are basically the drummer's laptop? :)

Reply to topic